IGNORED

Film: Aquaman

Fiale

Not long got back, this is the best DC film to date (Wonder Woman a close 2nd). Yes there are some cheesy moments, but the sheer scale and well awesomeness Jason Momoa oozes has to be seen. Loved pretty much everything bar the first few minutes. There are some end sequences after the credits (which are pretty nicely done) but probably not worth staying behind for. Seriously good movie, maybe we have DC back on track now.

On 14/12/2018 at 20:45, Fiale said:

Not long got back, this is the best DC film to date (Wonder Woman a close 2nd). Yes there are some cheesy moments, but the sheer scale and well awesomeness Jason Momoa oozes has to be seen. Loved pretty much everything bar the first few minutes. There are some end sequences after the credits (which are pretty nicely done) but probably not worth staying behind for. Seriously good movie, maybe we have DC back on track now.

Iam glad you enjoyed it. 

The film has been panned by the critics over here , too cheesy , drowned with special effects and impossible dialogue .

I don't think they get it .

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Anyone seen both Venom and Aquaman?

Heard similar(ish) comments from both and thought a comparison would be good.

I’ve not watched Venom yet, but may have some time to get to the cinema and watch Aquaman. Or I may be better off watching something else...

Both for are good though Aquaman is the better of two. There is currently a spider man film in the cinema, it is a cartoon that will put people off, but it is really good, so well done, good story, and the animation is superb. 

17 hours ago, Fiale said:

Both for are good though Aquaman is the better of two. There is currently a spider man film in the cinema, it is a cartoon that will put people off, but it is really good, so well done, good story, and the animation is superb. 

The Spiderverse movie is fantastic. The animation and style is on another level. It really looks like a living comic. It's also very funny and even quite touching on occasions. Went with my lad and the Mrs and we all really enjoyed it.

Big thumbs up for that one.

Thought Venom was average but it's setup nicely for a sequel which almost certainly would be better.

Not sure I'll even bother with Aquaman. Bar Wonder Woman, I think the DC movies have been poor.

3 hours ago, Markman said:

hmmm - I was going to escape a bit of NY Eve with Mrs Markman at the local Burnham Cinema - and Aquaman was my film of choice - this has put me off - not many options anyone seen Bumblebee?

Bumblebee is a good film, it's not as confusing as some of the other transformer films the action can actually be followed as apposed to a CGI mess. Main lead is really good actress, and her family are quite funny. If your a 80's child also the benefit of some retro stuff/music that kinda make you smile. It has certainly done better than expected in the cinemas due to word of mouth, so there must be something in it.

Aquaman is a good film, I think it's the better of the DC films (most of which I have not liked due to the colours chose that make them to dark and washed out). I liked Wonderwoman, but found most of the others just okish.

Archived