IGNORED

Sunderland Netflix Documentary (Merged)

Bailey is Right

For those of you with a Netflix subscription. They've recently added a new documentary about Sunderland FC, filmed over the course of last season. Its a really interesting view into the workings of a modern football club with bits from the managers, chief execs, fans and players.

Albeit, I'm not too far into it, but have enjoyed it a lot so far and would recommend to any fellow OTIBer, no mention of City as of yet in episode 2 (bar the odd clip of Adam Matthews)

5 minutes ago, Bailey is Right said:

For those of you with a Netflix subscription. They've recently added a new documentary about Sunderland FC, filmed over the course of last season. Its a really interesting view into the workings of a modern football club with bits from the managers, chief execs, fans and players.

Albeit, I'm not too far into it, but have enjoyed it a lot so far and would recommend to any fellow OTIBer, no mention of City as of yet in episode 2 (bar the odd clip of Adam Matthews)

I heard an piece on radio 5 about it during the week, sounds like it will be a very good watch. Unfortunately I haven’t got Netflix so keep us informed please. 

6 hours ago, BessexRED said:

I’m 4 episodes in, City game at the SoL didn’t feature as they focused on the game that followed where Grayson was sacked. Sure the 3-3 will be heavily focused on which will be painful to relive. 

? God, I’d forgotten about that shower of *****.

#progress

2 minutes ago, One BCFC said:

I also watched it all in 2 days and it made me realise how easy LJ has had it with our fanbase here. I suppose them being in L1 is our equivalent to being in L2, we'd be livid

Spot on...we just tend to shrug and say oh well....when watching those 8 episodes I wished our fans had their passion....it was a great documentary....

Finished watching last night.  As a documentary it was 10x what the Man City one was.  Man City was an advert whereas the Sunderland one actually had something to say.

Most interesting to me was seeing how differently each of the players acted through the season.  From Rodwell's well documented case, to Grabban thinking he was better than Sunderland, to Honeyman's actual tears when they were finally relegated.  I thought Cattermole carried himself well throughout.  Steele their goalkeeper was a study in how to utterly destroy the confidence of an optimistic new signing.  Then McGeady makes interesting comments where he basically is asking for Coleman to bollock them instead of being supportive. We laugh when LJ mentions "DNA" but I think this is what he is alluding to.  He wants to avoid players like Rodwell and Grabban who although technically good do not have the heart for it.

Their fans are passionate to the point of obsession and the pisshead who tries to fight Coleman after relegation is tragic.  However, it doesn't look like there is much to do in Sunderland other than watch the football.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Finished watching last night.  As a documentary it was 10x what the Man City one was.  Man City was an advert whereas the Sunderland one actually had something to say.

Most interesting to me was seeing how differently each of the players acted through the season.  From Rodwell's well documented case, to Grabban thinking he was better than Sunderland, to Honeyman's actual tears when they were finally relegated.  I thought Cattermole carried himself well throughout.  Steele their goalkeeper was a study in how to utterly destroy the confidence of an optimistic new signing.  Then McGeady makes interesting comments where he basically is asking for Coleman to bollock them instead of being supportive. We laugh when LJ mentions "DNA" but I think this is what he is alluding to.  He wants to avoid players like Rodwell and Grabban who although technically good do not have the heart for it.

Their fans are passionate to the point of obsession and the pisshead who tries to fight Coleman after relegation is tragic.  However, it doesn't look like there is much to do in Sunderland other than watch the football.

Yep, I thought it was brill when Snodin was scouting a player at Scunthorpe and basically dismissed him as he was ‘wearing gloves when it wasn't even cold’ and Coleman was spot on when he said if a player has the wrong attitude you get rid of him straightaway because he isn’t going to change....

Archived