IGNORED

Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day 22

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Maybe but I feel a hell of a lot more confident about the rest of the season.

I don't know how you do? All it shows is that even when we do perform we make stupid tactical mistakes to allow the opposition back into the game.

Prior to this match I'd have snatched at a 2-2 draw or even accepted a fighting 2-3 loss but at 2-1 we were by far the better team and had nothing to worry about had we continued to take the game to Norwich, instead we've sat deep, got panicked and it's caused a lapse in concentration that's not only allowed the equaliser but that sudden "we can do it" confidence boost for Norwich.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I don't know how you do? All it shows is that even when we do perform we make stupid tactical mistakes to allow the opposition back into the game.

Prior to this match I'd have snatched at a 2-2 draw or even accepted a fighting 2-3 loss but at 2-1 we were by far the better team and had nothing to worry about had we continued to take the game to Norwich, instead we've sat deep, got panicked and it's caused a lapse in concentration that's not only allowed the equaliser but that sudden "we can do it" confidence boost for Norwich.

We showed we could play again.  We just need to not drop deep when in the lead.

That’s fixable.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What I am advocating is that the midfield has been an obvious problem for 3 years and **** all has been done about it.

I completely agree but there’s no answer to that on the bench other than taking off an attacking player and packing it out playing for the point. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

We showed we could play again.  We just need to not drop deep when in the lead.

That’s fixable.

I agree, however, we've been doing it ever since LJ took over, if it's not changed in 3 years he's hardly going to fix it any time soon.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Don’t think so, I think most people with balanced perspectives post in good times and bad times, whereas a handful only appear when things go wrong and are nowhere to be seen when we’re playing well. 

Your post is utter bullocks.

regardless of the result the question I'd ask LJ is what's our game plan at the end of this match...concede soft possession, sit back and give them opportunities to be inventive on the edge of the box? 

Edit: good point, some promising stuff...but the question remains. LJ weak - as ever - on in-game management for me.

Archived