IGNORED

Bristol City v Norwich City Match Day 22

Septic Peg

43 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

O'Dowda playing some great football, Fam looking great too  - why can't we play like this every week I don't get it?

It's the way they are told to play that is the problem, if LJ gets back to the pressing game again, we will win more. It's when we sit back that it becomes a mess! Still need another good striker though!

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

And you only see pointless threads about how the LJ doubters must hate us winning a game when we win.  Your point is?

I didn’t say anything to the contrary? I can’t think of a single poster who you only see when we’re playing well yet can think of loads that only post in bad times 

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

Disappointed not to win, but even more disappointed that we can't play like that against the leagues 'lesser' teams and pick up more points against them.

yep. Showed so much desire and intent to attack at pace tonight, when we play the 'lesser' teams we just turn languid and impotent.  

Just out of interest, has anyone EVER had time for a City Manager / Coach, or are we all just so potentially brilliant at this management malarkey that we should be interviewed immediately?

If you ever want an electricity pylon knocking up in your back garden, I'm your man.  Managing a team, I'm a tad less gifted so I'll let whoever is the present incumbent crack on until the board decide otherwise (and I've gone along with that policy since 1971).  

Feliz Navidad and I love you all x

It was for me a nearly great performance.

Our midfield and wing backs were taken out by another ball over the top, when they were all ball chasing, leaving no protection for the back 3 for their first goal.

And from the hour point onwards we surrendered midfield, their 2nd goal was inevitable and it could have been worse.

1 minute ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Just out of interest, has anyone EVER had time for a City Manager / Coach, or are we all just so potentially brilliant at this management malarkey that we should be interviewed immediately?

If you ever want an electricity pylon knocking up in your back garden, I'm your man.  Managing a team, I'm a tad less gifted so I'll let whoever is the present incumbent crack on until the board decide otherwise (and I've gone along with that policy since 1971).  

Feliz Navidad and I love you all x

But it’s all so easy from your armchair! PS that pylon doesn’t look right mate, I’d have done it like this....)

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I completely agree but there’s no answer to that on the bench other than taking off an attacking player and packing it out playing for the point. 

Morrell or even Hunt would have been far better options, the midfield needed bolstering, not an incredibly average player who offers very little.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

2-2 FT.

Good, long overdue, performance. Shame we didn't take the 3 pts though, not for the first time LJ sits on his hands rather than making a sub to ensure we have the energy to hold the lead.

Total bollocks and all hindsight.

When your playing well you don't want to be changing the team by bringing on subs as it can go one of two ways. I see your point about fresh legs but it's the whole stick and twist scenario and it's a tough call to make. What's certain is whatever decision he would have made he would have been criticized.

You are suggesting that making a sub would have seen us see the game out however that is just wishful thinking as there is no guarantees at all.

Norwich also do well in the closing stages of a game, changing 3 players could really alter the system and even put a point at risk.

Archived