IGNORED

Marley Watkins

SCANTS-CTID

Seriously what do you expect him to do in 5/10 minutes :facepalm: the yellow card he received was a joke too, yes it’s a yellow but Tettey does exactly the same in the 1st half and gets a telling off only after Pack had words with the ref, Roger East is a shite ref.

Very harsh to make a topic about him after a few minutes but agree with the sentiment. He is a 2.5m investment over 3 years and is probably 4th choice at best. Yes he can play both wings and striker but none of them at top half champ level. Ok we did not know Eliasson would be as good as he has been but we go on about blooding young players and already had Eliasson, COD, Paterson, Adelakun at the club plus Smith who is getting closer. Waste for me

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What has happened to Adelakun? I think Watkins is one of those players that only plays well with a run of games, being absolutely match sharp and is a confidence player. He was quite poor when be came on. Harsh I know, but thats what I saw. 

Good point Cotterill said that the bigger players take some games to get going ie: Matt Smith, I suppose you could include Fammy in that bracket as well so may be why not Watkins?

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What has happened to Adelakun? I think Watkins is one of those players that only plays well with a run of games, being absolutely match sharp and is a confidence player. He was quite poor when be came on. Harsh I know, but thats what I saw. 

Adelukan - if you were at Ipswich, the ball just ballooned off him at nearly every touch and he had no idea what to do with it when he did have it.

17 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Adelukan - if you were at Ipswich, the ball just ballooned off him at nearly every touch and he had no idea what to do with it when he did have it.

Exactly the same at Leeds 

9 minutes ago, Negan said:

Biggest waste of a million pound we’ve spent. 

How can you forget the mighty Gustav engvall?

1 hour ago, hinsleburg said:

Think it was the right sub to make 5 minutes before they scored, Weimann played well but was knackered!

As soon as they scored it should’ve been Eliasson

Same we needed someone to run at them, offer a little speed and try to pin them back a little. We sat to deep and did not close players down for the final 20 minutes and paid the price.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

It was a classic and predictable  amateur psychologist move by Lee. He flopped at Norwich and will therefore play a blinder to show them they were wrong. Except we all know they were right.

Indeedy.

I imagine Watkins was totally pumped ip about this game and was badgering Johnson to play as he had "something to prove".

Unfortunately,  players shouldn't pick themselves, coaches should pick them - and the time to make the sub was before Norwich equalised and Eliasson was the man to bring on.

I don't have a bad word to ssy about any of the starting XI , but bringing Watkins on was just a waste of time.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Last I heard he was in Peru still chasing his first touch 

Archived