AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

In the Prem, and quite possibly on another day in the Championship Tettey goes

But would we have won against 10 men?

Debatable, but poor from Roger East

and does he really come from Wiltshire?

A right old Johnny Nash

More questions than answers

Are you using a typewriter by any chance? ?

The first time Tettey should have been sent off, there was a hint of a foul by us leading up to the incident so maybe East thought it'd be a controversial decision.

Having given the bloke a final warning, which generally means another foul amd you're off son, it was inexplicable that it wasnt a yellow for kicking Diedhiou's calves from behind.

To be fair I thought the ref was probably right to keep him on, it was a pretty soft foul, and although letter of the law might say it’s a yellow, to send the guy off, for me, would have been harsh.  The games gone when stupid fouls like that get punished by yellows, although I appreciate this could have resulted in a win for us

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair I thought the ref was probably right to keep him on, it was a pretty soft foul, and although letter of the law might say it’s a yellow, to send the guy off, for me, would have been harsh.  The games gone when stupid fouls like that get punished by yellows

Good point, although I would argue that the game "went" quite some time ago now, in lots of ways. But that is another argument

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair I thought the ref was probably right to keep him on, it was a pretty soft foul, and although letter of the law might say it’s a yellow, to send the guy off, for me, would have been harsh.  The games gone when stupid fouls like that get punished by yellows, although I appreciate this could have resulted in a win for us

He then committed 2 further fouls,so persistent fouling could still of seen him go.

4 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

He then committed 2 further fouls,so persistent fouling could still of seen him go.

Yeah, let's face it he really rode his luck.

Josh went at Leeds for two yellows, so I think we were a tad unlucky today not to be playing 10 men for practically the whole 2nd half and in a home game.

Maybe they wouldn't have equalised, who knows.

Just now, NOTBLUE said:

Yeh I see that, but for me, to send a player off, either straight red or two yellows, it’s got to be serious enough to justify the punishment, and I don’t think the guy today    did enough to justify getting sent off.  Don’t get me wrong it would have been great if he did, but if one of our players got two yellows for those soft fouls we would be moaning at the ref saying he was petty!  That’s fickle football fans I guess!

No doubt he should have got the red for persistent fouling! What annoys me more is the offsides, saw it in the game and now watched both goals back and there was offside in both Norwich goals, the first the Lino was well behind the play and had to have seen the player with the assist offside, but was perhaps not sure, but deffo offside, and the second goal Aaron’s was half a yard off when the ball was kicked

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, let's face it he really rode his luck.

Josh went at Leeds for two yellows, so I think we were a tad unlucky today not to be playing 10 men for practically the whole 2nd half.

Some people may think it would of been soft,but it was cynical,so for me he had to go.

2 minutes ago, dave36 said:

No doubt he should have got the red for persistent fouling! What annoys me more is the offsides, saw it in the game and now watched both goals back and there was offside in both Norwich goals, the first the Lino was well behind the play and had to have seen the player with the assist offside, but was perhaps not sure, but deffo offside, and the second goal Aaron’s was half a yard off when the ball was kicked

Gonna look this up (when more sober ie tomorrow :laugh:) this is news to me.

Both their goals offside?

4 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I didnt see any offsides on the TV.

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Stupid foul isn't the point. It was deliberate. He didn't have to do it. More worth a yellow than a slightly mistimed attempt to get the ball.

24 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In the Prem, and quite possibly on another day in the Championship, Tettey walks

Debatable, but poor from Roger East IMO

A right old Johnny Nash here

Not all fouls are bookable offences.

Ref got it right 

35 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In the Prem, and quite possibly on another day in the Championship, Tettey walks

Debatable, but poor from Roger East IMO

A right old Johnny Nash here

He bottled it because like many before him this season he was a clueless *****. We have not been the best this season but surely there is a case for getting more ex-players to referee. We have had some utter shockers. 

42 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Good point, although I would argue that the game "went" quite some time ago now, in lots of ways. But that is another argument

If you believe the ref was right he shouldn’t have book Marley Watkins for his foul minutes after he came onto the pitch. 

In short Roger East totally and completely got it wrong

Just now, Denbury Red said:

If you believe the ref was right he shouldn’t have book Marley Watkins for his foul minutes after he came onto the pitch. 

In short Roger East totally and completely got it wrong

Uh, i dont believe the ref was right. I think he was WRONG and helped out the big name side today

Archived