IGNORED

Weimann (Merged)

Port Said Red

Not sure he ever lacked effort or commitment ,  but then I'm not sure he brings much else at the moment. 
He has a bit of pace, did the job he was asked but never really caused Norwich a problem. Then again for a lot of the first half he was filling in at left back when Kelly stepped inside to form a back 3. 

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to say that I have been a little critical of his attitude since being pushed wide, but yesterday he looked like he had accepted that this was where he will have to play when Famara is up top. He actually looked like he wanted to play and put in a really good shift.

Same here, hope he can keep it up 

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Missed him being there when they got their second goal.

May have switched to right back then , I think he was in the 6 yard box with Pisano but neither covered Aarons who came in behind the two of them.

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think he’d already been substituted by then and Fam was doing the same job and slipped!

Oh, ok , whoever it was it's not great defending. 2 players on the far post marking no one and Aarons steals in t the back. Felt sorry for Fam, knackered , still chasing back and a real fish out of water at FB.

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , it was his man , the wing back and Weimann switched off at far post

Yes, stand corrected, I remember now Bob, he was ball watching at the far post instead of stepping in front of the goal scorer to try and prevent the goal.

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Oh, ok , whoever it was it's not great defending. 2 players on the far post marking no one and Aarons steals in t the back. Felt sorry for Fam, knackered , still chasing back and a real fish out of water at FB.

Sorry, I was wrong.

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I like AW , but was down to him , he ball watches and loses his man , typical forwards defending !

not sure Pisano can be blamed too much on that one 

It was like we were playing Man City again. We had a good 7-8 players in the box and still conceded! It was AW and it wasn’t even Pisano next to him! Pretty sure it was Marlon Pack. Was really weird we had about 6-7 in a straight line across our 6 yard box. I’ll admit I don’t know all the small details of football but that did not seem right. Why did we end up defending that deep? Why did we stop pressing at all? I get not pressing in their half but surely you have to put some pressure on their CB when he has just taken the ball within 30-35 yards of your goal? This is not the first time I have seen us concede this way either. We get a goal up and go into a shell way too early imo

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to say that I have been a little critical of his attitude since being pushed wide, but yesterday he looked like he had accepted that this was where he will have to play when Famara is up top. He actually looked like he wanted to play and put in a really good shift.

I can remember when everyone on here shot me down when I said he wasn't a striker....

Amazing how things turn out 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure he ever lacked effort or commitment ,  but then I'm not sure he brings much else at the moment. 
He has a bit of pace, did the job he was asked but never really caused Norwich a problem. Then again for a lot of the first half he was filling in at left back when Kelly stepped inside to form a back 3. 

I thought he caused them a problem when we scored our first goal and he was involved in the build up for the second 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

It was like we were playing Man City again. We had a good 7-8 players in the box and still conceded! It was AW and it wasn’t even Pisano next to him! Pretty sure it was Marlon Pack. Was really weird we had about 6-7 in a straight line across our 6 yard box. I’ll admit I don’t know all the small details of football but that did not seem right. Why did we end up defending that deep? Why did we stop pressing at all? I get not pressing in their half but surely you have to put some pressure on their CB when he has just taken the ball within 30-35 yards of your goal? This is not the first time I have seen us concede this way either. We get a goal up and go into a shell way too early imo

Exactly . How can it be a good plan to have the entire back 4 in the centre where there were no attackers ( 1 at most), while Diedhiou was the only one making a challenge ( at left back) and Weimann left to cover the cross? I was livid because we just seemed to be making it easy for them. Why can't we try to stop their build up, instead of standing off and letting them play balls in under no pressure. Get in their faces I say!

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I can remember when everyone on here shot me down when I said he wasn't a striker....

Amazing how things turn out 

He played a few games as striker and scored 5 was it. Since Fam came back he’s played off the striker, No10 and yesterday LMF and left back. Not saying he’d have carried on at the same rate, but it’s since he’s been moved he’s stopped scoring. 

It was a strange signing tag, not really a straight replacement for Reid.

11 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Andy more than deserves his place for winning the header from Paterson's cross against a much taller man and then fighting like ***k to retain the ball and then laying it off brilliantly to Fammy for the goal that got us back in the game.

Fight and skill.

Which is why we should see him in a central position to link up the play... though to be honest I think both of our full backs could of done better for both goals then put all the blame on AW

8 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Which is why we should see him in a central position to link up the play... though to be honest I think both of our full backs could of done better for both goals then put all the blame on AW

Absolutely. Unfortunate that Fammy slipped allowing the cross to the far post but it looked like we almost packed the goalmouth with all our defenders leaving nobody taller out on the right.

However we all have to admit it was a brilliantly executed goal

Archived