IGNORED

Weimann (Merged)

Port Said Red

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Co-commentator on sky kept pointing out that AW was taking up really good positions and finding spaces but his team mates weren't spotting it.

At one point he was unmarked in the box and waving his arms about. Just seems we don't have players on the right wavelength to take advantage of what he can do.

It's been a common sight ever since he joined, sadly. 

Although i agree he was better than he has been (he is obviously not a winger but had to do a job for the team),

he was however partly responsible for both the goals we conceded. If you watch the highlights he was the nearest

city player to both their goalscorers but was ball watching and didn,t pick up that Steipleman and Aarons were

both unmarked when they scored the goals.

Andi Weimann is more effective playing down the middle in my view, but he always puts a shift in and a decent performance yesterday.

Maybe playing with two wingers or wing backs and Andi and Fam in the middle might be more effective, but it's horses for courses I suppose and every game is different.

I was a little disappointed with Norwich considering their position in the table at the moment but they did have a few players out.

Overall a decent point but based on our performance I felt that we should have pinched it. the substitutions or lack of them probably let us down along with our failure to effectively respond to theirs.

I hope that Lee learn from those mistakes.

19 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Co-commentator on sky kept pointing out that AW was taking up really good positions and finding spaces but his team mates weren't spotting it.

At one point he was unmarked in the box and waving his arms about. Just seems we don't have players on the right wavelength to take advantage of what he can do.

Which shows we need to upgrade our midfield.

• The title was changed to Weimann (Merged)
6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Which shows we need to upgrade our midfield.

Walsh, Brownhill and Pack as a central 3 could help solve some problems (when Walsh is fit and back up to speed) IMO.

However with Walsh and Smith injured, Morrell in a '3'? Maybe, but he's less than experienced. Hegeler in a '3'? Perhaps but him and Pack maybe a bit samey (though LJ seems not to rate Hegeler anyway despite various attributes he has).

In medium term,  could see solutions within the current squad but LJ would need a change of mindset.

@Fatalist In some ways I agree about the back 4 thing but I think in some ways I don't. I think if you have 4 players who are able to play as CBs (say Wright for Pisano) you may stop that goal as you can all tuck in and are more used to playing in the box the marking, tracking of runners comes more naturally. Then again if you have Pisano at RB yeah you need to get out a bit more, defend a bit wider.

Put it this way last December and parts of January, when we had a left side of HM and JB, right side of BW and JB- ability for 3 of those to come inside defensively in our best time, our best structure? I don't think we concede that goal.

Our current shape has elements of that and elements of something else.

To be honest other than the first couple of weeks of the season I believe he has been disappointing for what we paid.  In my opinion he does not effect the game sufficiently, create enough opportunities for others or look like scoring. 

I hope he steps up on Saturday v Derby and prove my wrong. 

11 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

To be honest other than the first couple of weeks of the season I believe he has been disappointing for what we paid.  In my opinion he does not effect the game sufficiently, create enough opportunities for others or look like scoring. 

I hope he steps up on Saturday v Derby and prove my wrong. 

Read the Majors post - #38

Spot on summary and opposite to your view...

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Read the Majors post - #38

Spot on summary and opposite to your view...

Clearly total opposite from my view but it’s all about opinions I suppose. 

Apart from the assist on Saturday I’d be interested to know what other recent key contributions there have been. 

Archived