IGNORED

Severn bridge tolls

Yipikiaye

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Lots of people from around the Bristol area are buying up houses around the Newport and Chepstow areas.

They have been for the last 20 years it isn’t anything new. For the sake of as little as 30 minutes journey into Bristol it’s half the price of a house at times. 

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

They have been for the last 20 years it isn’t anything new. For the sake of as little as 30 minutes journey into Bristol it’s half the price of a house at times. 

Yes but I think you'll find there was a marked rise when the scrapping of the tolls was announced.

Similar properties are half the price in some cases. As long as you stay this side of the tunnels, that sounds like a no brainer to me.

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’m torn what to do:

A) Hammer

B) Strap to firework

C) Mount it to a plaque on the wall

D) sell it on eBay as classic 90s electronics. 

A95A4451-A617-4743-A06B-6212D10C7021.jpeg

Find the nearest Welshman.

Get him to bend over.

Take a REALLY long run up.

Shove it up his arse.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Watch out for the speed cameras where the tolls are being removed. The temporary 50mph (I hope it's temporary) is seemingly being enforced. 

I crossed it today and there were a lot of police cars and what looked like gantry cameras in the area. 

I went over today to collect my dogs from Kennels, didn’t see any coppers, but the speed cameras are there.  The 50 limit is definitely temporary until they get to toll booths removed and the lanes sorted out.

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Watch out for the speed cameras where the tolls are being removed. The temporary 50mph (I hope it's temporary) is seemingly being enforced. 

I crossed it today and there were a lot of police cars and what looked like gantry cameras in the area. 

They're rinsing it for the last couple of months while they can - for years they've had one on the bridge just before the toll booths which would capture people not slowing enough from 50-70. Would always see it when there was an event on at the Millstad!  How long before they suddenly propose a 50mph zone across the entire bridge + average speed cameras..

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I went over today to collect my dogs from Kennels, didn’t see any coppers, but the speed cameras are there.  The 50 limit is definitely temporary until they get to toll booths removed and the lanes sorted out.

Like the "temporary" 40mph on the M32 when it was first put in ...??

Archived