IGNORED

Man U sack Mourinho

BobBobSuperBob

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

Car crash waiting to happen since he was appointed. It was clear to see what was going to happen eventually just going by his 2nd spell at Chelsea.

Totally agree. Surprised he lasted this long if I’m honest

knowing Bobbob's dislike of our own manager, his post is probably 'tongue in cheek', but we shouldn't be complacent and here's why. Whilst Man U are 19 points off the leaders (imagine this forum if that was City!) it was Jose's admission he got totally out-classed by Lj a year ago that set his departure in motion....

But seriously, whilst Lj isn't going to get the Old Trafford job this season, other posters suggesting Dyche or Howe may get it, mean we can't rest on our confidence that Lee will want to stay at our club for years to come. I am not having a pop at our actual attendance v high flyers Norwich, nor the effort our owner has to go to in order to build support in England's 7th largest City, not our very disappointing away support ..but Premier wages from any club would surely tempt our man away.  Just imagine that joker on here who used to post "Taxi for..." would have to change his signature, even if he still ever reads our forum

image.png.57714b65430a04345f8fbd5cfb11b048.png

Statement issued today by Bristol Sport

Following intense media speculation  Head Coach Lee Johnson is set to reject Red Devils approach.
Speaking to Bristol Sport Media Team he confirms his allegiance to BCFC.:

"I 'm sure I'll get a call, Man U have been tracking me for some time, ever since I beat them in the cup with my tactics, my coaching skills, and my superior game management it was inevitable that they would naturally see me as someone with the skills and leadership to manage their club. However I am committed to BCFC for the time being, Man City are also tracking me and regard me as the one coach who could succeed Pep and deliver substantial improvements on the foundations he's laid ( naturally since our game last season he 's constantly on my mobile begging for tips and ideas ). I see Man City as my next destination rather than Man Utd as that role would enable me to further develop my coaching philosophy, win the Champions League and prepare myself in readiness for the Real Madrid job...probably after taking the summer 2022 off to lead England to win the World Cup .

image.png

His tactics, selections and man management seemed to be getting worse by the week- others say he was trying to get sacked. Perhaps something in that?

Looking in from the outside, would have for a max of one more year stuck with Van Gaal. Reason I say that is there actually was some decent youth coming through there (plus Martial who was brought) and if there is one thing Mourinho is truly averse to, it's giving youth a proper run- his track record is ample proof of that down the years.

The youth probably would have developed more there with one more year of Van Gaal (Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern, Holland national team- worked very well with younger players). Anyway it's Man Utd struggling so I don't care and if Mourinho has stalled varied youth prospects then all the better (unless they're English of course, which some are)!

Hilarious....it's all fallen apart massively  after Sir Alex.

At least we won't have to put up with Jose's miserable tone in interviews now, wingeing about this, that and the other. How you can say the side 'isn't in my style' after spending £360m, is beyond me. The Blue side of Manchester must be laughing their socks off (again..).

The thing is now for Jose, are any big clubs going to take a chance on him? Failed miserably 2nd time around at Chelsea, before being sacked - player power helped this. Now the same thing has happened at Utd, I can't see any sane owner wanting to take him on.

He doesnt get the players he wants - blames the board. Results dont go his way and/or performances are crap - he blames the players. Nothing is ever Jose's fault.

The one good thing you can say about the way he treats his players in public, is the turnaround of Luke Shaw. Publically criticized and dropped because he was unfit, crap and not interested. He came back a different player, before getting injured again. Other than that.....

Read somewhere earlier that Carrick or Butt will not be named caretaker manager, but another former player(s) have been mentioned. Personally I think that if Bruce or Hughes turn up, then they may as well have stuck with Moaniniho for the rest of the season. Giggs? Has done it before, could possibly take it on alongside the Wales job. At least he may start getting them to start playing decent football again.

If it wasn't for Ferguson's recent health scare, I'd say there would be a good chance of him taking it on until the summer. Wenger? Think the supporters would start throwing themselves under the buses after JM. 

Personally I'm not buying the whole "taking a while to recruit the right person" line. JM has been on his way out for a while, and the only way a permanent manager would be left until the summer is because discussions have already taken place and the new man has said he won't take it until then. Let's be fair, if there's one club that could say to someone, sign now, heres £150m, go out and get the players you want in January, it's Man Utd.

They want Poch apparently, but would he leave Spurs, who are arguably currently a better side? Zidane did well at Real, but let's be honest, most managers would do with the players he had.

This next appointment they have to get right, otherwise I think there could be big problems at that club.

Sick of this story already, looking on my FB page It feels I’m now living in the north west, armchair football fans in Somerset who have never even visited Manchester are all over it. 

“We” need so and so, “we” will get so and so asour new manager?

FFS, when you actually watch a live football match rather than watching the game in the pub, when you actually find out where Old  Trafford is, and when you actually go to watch your team play, then you can say you support them. 

Sorry, I needed a rant ?

25 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

FFS, when you actually watch a live football match rather than watching the game in the pub, when you actually find out where Old  Trafford is, and when you actually go to watch your team play, then you can say you support them. 

Not to white-knight or anything but i'd imagine more people win five figures on the lottery than win tickets in their ballots. As pants as they're doing that waiting list has some life on it.

Archived