IGNORED

Bobby Reid

bcfc01

I would say when Warnock is their manager (he's ailed more than he's succeeded in league football, and usually at a lower level) and with a club that has scored an average of one goal a game it is more Warnock than Bobby who has failed (again)

We have sure missed him and his link up, pass ratio, assists and 20 goals would have made a huge difference. I could see Bobby and Famara being the leading strike-force this season if we'd been able to keep him. I still wish him well as with our J.Bryan at Fulham. Whatever happens to them our academy, coaching staff can take a bow for fantastic development of two mates from our club

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A stupid article.

Using stats with no context at all. The modern fan: desperate for an opinion without watching games

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Looks like we did some smart business; we'd have let him go for £500k as a lightweight central midfielder at the start of last season.  LJ relocates him, he scores a hatful, we sell for £10m.

Cracking deal for us; not so great for Bobby.

Probably trebled his wage so I am not sure how it’s a poor deal!!

• Admin
1 minute ago, RedDave said:

A stupid article.

Using stats with no context at all. The modern fan: desperate for an opinion without watching games

Poor for Cardiff

Great for Bristol City

Great for Bobby Reid

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Poor for Cardiff

Great for Bristol City

Great for Bobby Reid

Has he been poor? Think he has done well in a system that is totally against his style.

The article compares his passing numbers for Cardiff versus us! If he hardly gets the ball to his feet how is he supposed to pass it?

Some city fans seem to dislike Reid now and I don’t understand why. He went to a rival granted but that was to secure his and his family’s future

Just now, phantom said:

Mind you, this one would concern me

Reid has completed only four passes in his last three league appearances,

Again, no context. How many minutes is that? How many times was he passed the ball? That article is nonsense 

15 minutes ago, RedDave said:

A stupid article.

Yep. Out of context stats.  You could argue he’s the top scoring striker or joint third top scorer overall?  You could argue how many has Zahore and Madine got combined? Zero.

No mention of two assists.

Its lazy writing!

More than trebled his wages...probably trebled the deal we were offering too. 

Not one player at Cardiff has set the Prem alight , not one .

Reid is a class act but if the coach doesn't play to his qualities how is he supposed to deliver ?

I think he would have had more chance to shine at Fulham.

Still Cardiff's loss is pretty funny however.

I hope Bobby clicks soon , nets ten or so in the season and moves on , with our sell on fee , to a proper Prem club , not the Prem equivalent of the Gas .

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Not one player at Cardiff has set the Prem alight , not one .

Reid is a class act but if the coach doesn't play to his qualities how is he supposed to deliver ?

I think he would have had more chance to shine at Fulham.

Still Cardiff's loss is pretty funny however.

I hope Bobby clicks soon , nets ten or so in the season and moves on , with our sell on fee , to a proper Prem club , not the Prem equivalent of the Gas .

I agree with most posts in this thread (its an ignorant article) but the above probably sums it up for me.

It seems like Warnock looked at 20 goals scored and thought "that'll do for me" without a thought about how he would fit in. IMO, for Bobby it was the wrong manager, wrong club, and wrong time, yep the money is good and he can't be blamed for that, but it was a shortsighted deal for him and for Cardiff. 

Best thing that could happen (and I know it won't) would be for Bobby to come back in January on loan for the rest of the season, score a few goals and get his credibility back as its been wrecked by Warnock not understanding how to play him.

34 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Hasn’t failed yet. Hope he proves people wrong

He just doesn’t suit that team at all IMO and other than financial it wasn’t a good move for him. He’d have been better off going to a top end championship club, he’d be scoring 20+ and probably on as good money as at Cardiff  

He can barely even get on the pitch under NW so can’t see it ending in anything but failure there tbh. 

Dont hold anything against him, but I do think he was premature in jumping at the first club that came in for him. 

Parking the bank balance, has his move done his career any good? He’ll be lucky to get 5 goals a season featuring as he does.

• Admin
58 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Has he been poor? 

Again, no context. How many minutes is that? How many times was he passed the ball?

Considering they bought him to score goals and for the money they paid he has scored two tap ins I would say he clearly has been poor 

You know as well as I do he has been getting minutes, you can't defend a stat like that

• Admin
31 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He just doesn’t suit that team at all IMO and other than financial it wasn’t a good move for him. He’d have been better off going to a top end championship club, he’d be scoring 20+ and probably on as good money as at Cardiff  

He can barely even get on the pitch under NW so can’t see it ending in anything but failure there tbh. 

Dont hold anything against him, but I do think he was premature in jumping at the first club that came in for him. 

Parking the bank balance, has his move done his career any good? He’ll be lucky to get 5 goals a season featuring as he does.

To be fair to him it was the dream / easy move for him

On the back of his best ever season, offered a massive pay rise, the chance to play in the Premier League, didn't have to move home

It was a no brainer he would take the opportunity, in footballing terms who knows where his season would have gone had he stayed with us?

He could have been banging them in like last season, or he could have disappeared as quickly as he rose to the top of his game

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Considering they bought him to score goals and for the money they paid he has scored two tap ins I would say he clearly has been poor 

You know as well as I do he has been getting minutes, you can't defend a stat like that

Getting minutes is not really what you need to get a bit of confidence and build a understanding with your new team mates you need a long run of starts and the fact warncoks style doesn’t suit bobby so you’ll never get much with all those factors piled up against him

1/2 a season in a new league, in a position that he has only played in for 1 season prior to this, far too early to write him off. This article screams "look at me", unfortunately some of us are looking. I don't think the writer has any more right to spout bullshit than we do on this forum.

I noticed that he seems to start in the tougher fixtures but not as much in the fixtures that *should* be easier. Thought I'd check it out to see if I was just imagining it but it does seem to be the case. 

Here are the games he's started so far this season:

Liverpool A, Chelsea A, Man City H, Arsenal H, Leicester H, Fulham H (scored), Bournemouth A.

He's not started against:

Newcastle H, Huddersfield A, Burnley H, Spurs A, Brighton H, Wolves H, West Ham A, Southampton H, Watford A (came on to score). 

Considering the way Cardiff like to play, those home fixtures, specifically the ones against teams near the bottom are some of the only games that they'll likely try and have a real go so you may excuse him for not hitting the ground running. 

In any other team in the PL, I'd expect him to have a few more goals by now. 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Getting minutes is not really what you need to get a bit of confidence and build a understanding with your new team mates you need a long run of starts and the fact warncoks style doesn’t suit bobby so you’ll never get much with all those factors piled up against him

Interesting, some players do walk into a side and perform from day one - apart from the pace and intensity he would have played hundreds of hours with his team mates in training

It's a fairly uncompromising, even brutal article, but that doesn't make it incorrect.

If you go to a PL club for big money - fee and wages - the expectation is you'll make some sort of impact, and he's clearly been a big disappointment in that respect.

As City fans we of all people should know what a gamble Cardiff were taking. We've watched on as BR struggled to make an impact in the City team in midfield for 5/6 seasons, even after being made the last man in a three by LJ to reduce his midfield duties and give him the best chance to shine and score goals. Such was his horrific finishing that tactic was eventually shelved, BR was dropped, and LJ has admitted that but for the unlikely recommendation from the backroom analysts to give him a try up front he was destined to be released.

So he wasn't consistently good enough in midfield for us, had one incredible golden season up front which led directly to a dream PL move - money wise at least - and he's failed so far to come anywhere near justifying his fee.

I can't see the problem with the author stating what he has, it's all factually correct, and was always the very likely outcome.

Bobby's wages mean it is unlikely he will ever return to City, and a loan move, with a much more natural goalscorer in Eisa awaiting his chance, would be a backward move for BCFC, with no guarantee that BR could come even close to repeating his feats of last season.

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

I certainly can defend them. Quite easily. 

Stats alone are a waste of time and, as I said, are used by people desperate to have an opinion without watching enough games to form them 

6 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

To get the best out of Bobby, Warnock needs a quality creative attacking midfield player working just behind him.  A player who will create chances for Bobby but also chip in with a few himself to take the pressure off when Bobby has a lean goal scoring spell .

Now where is Lee Tomlin these days?!?

2A04945B-925F-4051-A588-CF476EF8038C.jpeg

50 minutes playing time since early November, not sure what anyone is supposed to do in that time, we have Mo Eisa and he has played about as many minutes. Until either player is given a fair chance and by that I mean picking them and not dropping them the moment they make a mistake or don't immediately score to take the pressure off them, then they and us may find out if they have what it takes.

Archived