IGNORED

"Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City...." (Merged)

iamalagerdrinker

3 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

A year on today, what are your memoires from that special night?

Watched it with my mate who supports Man United. Mrs kept telling me all night to be quiet all night as we was guests. Just kept saying I'd be happy just to score one just so I cn say we took the lead against Manchester United we all know what happened then ?

24 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Just watched the highlights on YT. An amazing night.

When it was at 1-0 turning round to the guy behind me and saying “can’t believe it” we both looked shell shocked. When Korey scored we all went crazy. I couldn’t shout any louder.

I don't know what shocked me the most , beating Man Utd or Korey scoring .

Sweet dreams are made of this.

Hands down my best night watching City.

I was there at Anfield, for Donowa, for the 4-2 at Trumpton, at Wembley v Bolton but it was only the Man U game I had my daughter with me. Korey scores, and she turned to me, joy, tears and bewilderment in equal measures:

”Daddy, I’ve never felt like this before”

****ing Magic

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I was there at Anfield, for Donowa, for the 4-2 at Trumpton, at Wembley v Bolton but it was only the Man U game I had my daughter with me. Korey scores, and she turned to me, joy, tears and bewilderment in equal measures:

****ing Magic

Brilliant

49 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

A year on today, what are your memoires from that special night?

IN BY TAYLOR.. ITS SMITHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

im pretty sure my memories changed to imagine I could hear that commentary when it actually happened!

Unbelievable night, the celebrations after the Korey goal will stay with me for ever and I frequently watch the highlights to be transported back to that moment. One of those great goals where your 3 rows down from where you started, hugging strangers and just generally completely lost in the moment while trying to comprehend what has happened!

along with the winning goal, the absolute silence that fell over the crowd the moment the ball left joe Bryan’s boot, punctuated by the noise of it hitting the post, then pandemonium was special too

If you could bottle those moments and how you felt, I’m fairly sure you could cure depression worldwide!

It wasn't until I left the ground and was halfway down the road that I realised that we were through to the semis. There was so much excitement that we'd beaten Manchester Utd that I'd forgot what it was all for. 

An incredible night. One of those moments that make the 'lows' of supporting City all worthwhile. 

When Bryan scores with the purest of left foot strikes, I just stood there motionless, gob open, for about a minute.  Didn’t celebrate, just stood there thinking “this is on”.

Korey’s Goal was always gonna happen in my mind....I jumped around a bit, but it’s Bryan’s goal that gives me goosebumps.

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

****ing Magic

Not enough emojis for this post, but here are a few.......???

The best night of football I have ever witnessed at Ashton Gate. Not only that, but the best atmosphere in the crowd too. What a night. Mrs R&W and I were in the upper Lansdown next to the TV cameras. 

We were high on the moment - and didn’t come down for hours. We went to the 7-shed Wetherspoon afterwards and carried on drinking into the night. I only realised what the time was when the bouncers were asking everyone to leave - it was after 4am!

I had a sore throat from shouting which lasted for days!

You have a heart of stone if you don’t look back at that night and rate it as one of the best nights ever!  

Amazing atmosphere, which shows that the new stands can rock, it’s up to the people sat in them to make the atmosphere, and everyone did that night!

That Bryan goal was perfection, every time I watch it it gets better!  My brother in law was still getting a drink and missed it!

When Smith scored it was just complete euphoria, and then utter disbelief!  They had a strong team out Utd no question and we thoroughly deserved the win.  

Im so glad I was there, this game was second only to the Palace game play off 2nd leg, but only just, will be remembered forever and rightly so!

16 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Im so glad I was there, this game was second only to the Palace game play off 2nd leg, but only just, will be remembered forever and rightly so!

Forgotting the eventual result against hull. The ‘que sera, sera’s’ After mcindoe scored knowing we were on our way to Wembley to compete for a place in the PL were something else

I was in the unfortunate position of being in Manchester that night on business so was taken by a load of lads from work to a staunch Man City pub.

Needless to say, I went absolutely beserk when Korey scored, as did the whole pub. 

There was 1 United fan in there who couldn't believe there was a Bristol City fan in the place until they introduced me to him. Needless to say, he was a total dick but the Man City fans were top class. I left that boozer absolutely shit faced, without spending a penny. 

I would have loved to have been in BS3 that night (wasn't to be) but to watch the game with hundreds of man U haters (they really, really despise them) was a decent 2nd choice. A tad surreal but good fun regardless. 

Archived