IGNORED

"Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City...." (Merged)

iamalagerdrinker

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was in the unfortunate position of being in Manchester that night on business so was taken by a load of lads from work to a staunch Man City pub.

Needless to say, I went absolutely beserk when Korey scored, as did the whole pub. 

There was 1 United fan in there who couldn't believe there was a Bristol City fan in the place until they introduced me to him. Needless to say, he was a total dick but the Man City fans were top class. I left that boozer absolutely shit faced, without spending a penny. 

I would have loved to have been in BS3 that night (wasn't to be) but to watch the game with hundreds of man U haters (they really, really despise them) was a decent 2nd choice. A tad surreal but good fun regardless. 

:clap:

That sounds like a top night

My main memory is that of all the hundreds and hundreds of City goals I’ve seen live over the years Joe Bryan’s took my breath away I was right behind him in perfect line as he struck it like a bazooka through the eye of the needle

Jaw dropping 

A brilliant passage of interplay and a finish as good as I’ve ever seen 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My main memory is that of all the hundreds and hundreds of City goals I’ve seen live over the years Joe Bryan’s took my breath away I was right behind him in perfect line as he struck it like a bazooka through the eye of the needle

Jaw dropping 

@Bob Bob Super Bob We must both sit in a similar area of the Dolman, as I too had that view. Although, always thought it was bending just slightly at the end and was willing it in! ?

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hands down my best night watching City.

I was there at Anfield, for Donowa, for the 4-2 at Trumpton, at Wembley v Bolton but it was only the Man U game I had my daughter with me. Korey scores, and she turned to me, joy, tears and bewilderment in equal measures:

”Daddy, I’ve never felt like this before”

****ing Magic

That's just beautiful that. She will never forget that moment for the rest of her life. 

If you look on the highlights, just after Korey scored, there is a close up of a young lad who was just stood there in absolute disbelief.

In 40 years, these guys will be talking about that night in the same way as the likes of Coventry 77 and Liverpool 94 are now.

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My favourite as well. Smith's gets the plaudits for being the winner but that Bryan goal was something else.

I can remember someone 4-5 rows behind complaining that we weren't winning after about 25 minutes.

And just sheer euphoria when Smiths goal went in- sat in the front row directly behind the goal I couldn't have had a better view of it.

Bryans goal has a special place for me though. Starting off with a piece of skill inside our own half, quick passes in a tight space and then a fantastic pass by Pack, not to mention the quality of the actual shot.

I had no time left to take off work, and I live in London.

I used my cracked car wind sceeen as a ploy, told them I needed to work from home to get it fixed. 

Drove from London to Bristol the night before, windows down so it didn’t crack further. Got it fixed in Bristol, then off to the football that evening. 

Never been so awake driving along the M25 at 1am after the game, still buzzing. TalkSport was just hilarious that evening, all the Utd fans moaning. Adrenaline just pumping. 

What a wonderful night.  Bryan's goal was up there with the best I've seen at AG, but my main memory is Korey Smith's goal - that brief pause as he chested the ball down on the turn and then pandemonium. One of my favourite ever goal celebrations. The atmosphere that night was superb. Glad my kids were there to see it.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:clap:

That sounds like a top night

Jaw dropping 

Bob - the word bazooka isn't used anywhere near enough in a footballing parlance. Well done.

Can everyone try and bazooka more please?

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Offside said:

What a wonderful night.  Bryan's goal was up there with the best I've seen at AG, but my main memory is Korey Smith's goal - that brief pause as he chested the ball down on the turn and then pandemonium. One of my favourite ever goal celebrations. The atmosphere that night was superb. Glad my kids were there to see it.

I still remember the look of utter disbelief on fellow fans faces around me as the winner went in

42 minutes ago, skinheadface said:

I took a sticky from work the day after.??

We had a dress down day in work as it was the last day we were in before Christmas. For once, it gave me great pleasure walking around in a City shirt. Especially after all the Man Utd 'fans' in the office had been begging me for tickets in the build up.

5 hours ago, BilboBaggins05 said:

I remember saying to my grandad next to me ‘Looks like extra time. More football!’ Less than a minute later city scored and we both went mental. My dad just stood their completely shocked!

I was the opposite, couple of minutes before the goal I said to my brother, "this ain't going to extra time, I can feel a goal coming"

Both goals my heart went racing. The walk back to the car is just a blur.

Ended up getting interviewed for Radio Five Live went I got back home (I knew the researcher on the programme and he asked me to do an interview)

25542617_10213748586042618_7138930016866513896_o.thumb.jpg.89d9d79293c9f5f34e519c80eeaa239c.jpg

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

I still remember the look of utter disbelief on fellow fans faces around me as the winner went in

On the train back to Nailsea after the game there was a surreal atmosphere, don’t think anybody could quite believe what they had just witnessed!

Archived