IGNORED

"Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City...." (Merged)

iamalagerdrinker

8 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Two things.

1) This ManU team is the worst in years.

2) Isn't it sad that our "memorable events" are those one off successes we've had over the years. 

Don't get me wrong - I love it when we beat the big guns. Just wish we were in a position to do it more often.

I think a lot of people forget that whilst they aren't the great side they once were, they still finished second in the Premier League last season. Second only to one of the best sides that league has seen. 

52 minutes ago, MC26 said:

We had a dress down day in work as it was the last day we were in before Christmas. For once, it gave me great pleasure walking around in a City shirt. Especially after all the Man Utd 'fans' in the office had been begging me for tickets in the build up.

Bloody hell yeah. I must have been asked five times by United fans, or been told that they were going just yet to buy a ticket, completely unaware that it was sold out. Then being told we would get battered even though they couldn’t name a single City player.

They were nice guys but **** em. If they want to watch football in their Premier League bubble then they will miss out on nights like that. Yes it can be absolute shite some weeks but even if it’s every 30 years or so having a night like that makes it all worth it.

30 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Life and soul me.

Full of Christmas cheer at the moment. As you can see.

Man United were a lot better this time last year- fielded a strong side too and Mourinho undoubtedly wanted to win that night.

Tickets- remember varied Man Utd colleagues asking for tickets. Decent chaps but 4 at least asked me. To solve their query and perhaps put some business the clubs way I recommended maybe hiring a box, going corporate or similar- no idea if they followed through...

Still, couldn't help them on the ticket front and even had I been able to I wouldn't anyway simply because it would have deprived a true City fan of this rare chance- and how we took it! 

What a night!!

Magic night, looked at the watch when Bryan scored. To early thinking to myself. Was in a bar here in Sweden. When Smith made 2-1 it was unreal but not. Bryans goal one of the best ever. The pass from Pack and then Bryan prepares with 2-3 short steps before hitting the ball. Wow, magic and I will never forget. That game was the best Ive ever seen.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:clap:

That sounds like a top night

My main memory is that of all the hundreds and hundreds of City goals I’ve seen live over the years Joe Bryan’s took my breath away I was right behind him in perfect line as he struck it like a bazooka through the eye of the needle

Jaw dropping 

A brilliant passage of interplay and a finish as good as I’ve ever seen 

Marlons pass was supreme! When you think about both assists were superb!!!!

40 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Magic night, looked at the watch when Bryan scored. To early thinking to myself. Was in a bar here in Sweden. When Smith made 2-1 it was unreal but not. Bryans goal one of the best ever. The pass from Pack and then Bryan prepares with 2-3 short steps before hitting the ball. Wow, magic and I will never forget. That game was the best Ive ever seen.

Was nice that the team gave you in the Swedish crew something to crow about , over the , I anticipate thousands and thousands of Man U supporters over there

Personally I’m really appreciative of you , Tommy , and all the Swedish lads who support our Club 

Great Supporters 

This is what I posted on 21/12/2017.

"Yesterday, I arrived 50 minutes early for a 2pm meet up with a friend at Cafe Nero in Clifton Village. Sitting alone in the corner, looking calmness personified was Lee Johnson.

I introduced myself and shook his hand whilst explaining that if I'd known about all the distractions behind the scenes last season, inferring the Tomlin charges and Pemberton, then I'd have been more understanding and appreciative of his efforts. I quickly added how amazing it was that he was producing fantastic results, despite a depleted squad.

He didn't know me from Adam, but couldn't have been nicer and told me that 5 under 21s would be on the bench that evening. His wife and daughter then walked in and I wished them all a happy Christmas.

What struck me was his composed demeanour which has segued beautifully into the minds of his players, who are mutually unphased by any challenge put before them this season. And for that we are truly blessed.

Thank you Lee."

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

Two things.

2) Isn't it sad that our "memorable events" are those one off successes we've had over the years. 

Don't get me wrong - I love it when we beat the big guns. Just wish we were in a position to do it more often.

The likes of Ibra, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Blind etc. We were at our peak of last season, some of the stuff we were playing was unbelievable.

We were well worth our win against a strong United side.

2 hours ago, MC26 said:

We had a dress down day in work as it was the last day we were in before Christmas. For once, it gave me great pleasure walking around in a City shirt. Especially after all the Man Utd 'fans' in the office had been begging me for tickets in the build up.

When they asked for tickets, did you say, "No. No. No."?

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The likes of Ibra, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Blind etc. We were at our peak of last season, some of the stuff we were playing was unbelievable.

We were well worth our win against a strong United side.

Spot on. Strong side, Mourinho wanted to win- we deservedly did it- don't see how anyone can downplay it really.

I remember Man Utd fans complaining that we were giving them an unfair allocation, especially after we gave Leeds all of the Atyeo for the league game against them a few weeks earlier. The following article appeared in one of the main Man Utd fanzines (sent to me by a friend who is a diehard Man Utd fan and season ticket holder).

I think Man Utd had something like 9,000 applications for the game through their away tickets membership scheme - Ashton Gate is a ground they hadn’t visited for the best part of 40 years and their diehard away fans don’t get many new grounds to visit.

For all their complaining before the game about the ticket allocation, their fans were generally very gracious in defeat - Red Cafe (one of their main message boards) had loads of posts saying we were deserving winners.

767AEAFE-530F-4BC4-87A3-E51AFB9BADCF.jpeg

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Two things.

I always assumed Dave in SA was South Aftica, but on reflection it might be St Annes!

3 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

I was the opposite, couple of minutes before the goal I said to my brother, "this ain't going to extra time, I can feel a goal coming"

Both goals my heart went racing. The walk back to the car is just a blur.

Ended up getting interviewed for Radio Five Live went I got back home (I knew the researcher on the programme and he asked me to do an interview)

25542617_10213748586042618_7138930016866513896_o.thumb.jpg.89d9d79293c9f5f34e519c80eeaa239c.jpg

Oddly enough got interviewed before the game !

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hands down my best night watching City.

I was there at Anfield, for Donowa, for the 4-2 at Trumpton, at Wembley v Bolton but it was only the Man U game I had my daughter with me. Korey scores, and she turned to me, joy, tears and bewilderment in equal measures:

”Daddy, I’ve never felt like this before”

****ing Magic

Just reading that. Made me well up.

my dad was stood next to me and we just both looked at each other and went “ oh my god we’ve done it” and had tears in our eyes ! 

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I was there at Anfield, for Donowa, for the 4-2 at Trumpton, at Wembley v Bolton but it was only the Man U game I had my daughter with me. Korey scores, and she turned to me, joy, tears and bewilderment in equal measures:

****ing Magic

Did she really say that ?

Went into the Maccy D's at Longwell Green on the way back to Yate with my boy, just rammed with ecstatic City fans both inside & going through the drive thru. After the birth of my 2 kids & my wedding day this was the best day of my life, I will never forget the tears in my eyes when KS put that ball in the net & cuddling my son & everybody else around me, AMAZING EXPERIENCE !!!

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

****ing Magic

This reminds me of a Leicester fan who was interviewed after they`d just won at Everton(?) in their great year. He said `We were walking back to the car and my eight year old son said ``Daddy, this is brilliant, I`m so happy`` and I just burst into tears`.

Moments like that night are why we keep the faith. You can`t buy a feeling like that.

It was an incredible performance, result and night and up there with Hartlepool and Palace for atmosphere at the Gate.

The result though eclipses all of the other games, particularly when you look at that United team. Perhaps not the best team but as players world class.

And we beat them. 

I turned to my mate at the end and said “what the **** just happened?!”! 

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When Bryan scores with the purest of left foot strikes, I just stood there motionless, gob open, for about a minute.  Didn’t celebrate, just stood there thinking “this is on”.

Korey’s Goal was always gonna happen in my mind....I jumped around a bit, but it’s Bryan’s goal that gives me goosebumps.

Completely agree with your reaction to Bryan’s goal . You’d think I’d learn for the second goal but instead I stood still with my hands  on my head whilst everyone around me went mental . 

The guy behind me asked me to celebrate and started waving my hands around for me . I was still numb . 

When im having a tough day that two mins of highlights I could watch over and over again . Still gives me goosebumps . 

Thanks for starting this post - I’ve loved reading about everyone’s recollections and watching back a huge moment in our clubs history . 

Archived