IGNORED

Boxing Day Fixtures On SKY ONE

BobBobSuperBob

Just spotted this

Heads up , For those who have Sky One but don’t have Sky Sports :thumbsup:

Boxing Day Fixtures on Sky One

If you’re a Sky TV customer, enjoy festive fixtures on Boxing Day, as three Premier League matches fill your screen while you get your fill of Christmas leftovers. Usually exclusive to Sky Sports, all three matches will be on Sky One from 12pm: 

Fulham v Wolves, 12pm

Brighton v Arsenal, 5pm

Watford v Chelsea, 7.15pm

34 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Any reason for this, I was led to believe any game not at 3pm on a Saturday was available. 

The Boxing Day 3pm and other bank holiday 3pm as it's a full programme at 3pm (give or take a few) would be treated as if it were a Saturday because most are kicking off simultaneously hence it is treated as such.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

I misread the thread title as Boring Day fixtures. Seems appropriate. 

I know fixtures are supposed to be random, but like the other Sunday when Sky showed 3 back to back local derbies, then this day isn't exactly fixtures that would normally get a great viewing public for, it does make me wonder how "random" these fixtures are?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I know fixtures are supposed to be random, but like the other Sunday when Sky showed 3 back to back local derbies, then this day isn't exactly fixtures that would normally get a great viewing public for, it does make me wonder how "random" these fixtures are?

They're not completely random though phantom.

There are a lot of criteria surrounding that 'randomness' and things like there must be X games on Y number of weekends between teams from Group Z are stipulated. With X being maybe 2, Y being 10 and Z being last season's Top 6 for example.

So whilst it is 'random' the kinds of things you are referring to will necessarily occur because of the criteria laid out.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

There are a lot of criteria surrounding that 'randomness' and things like there must be X games on Y number of weekends between teams from Group Z are stipulated. With X being maybe 2, Y being 10 and Z being last season's Top 6 for example.

Cheers @Coxy27 I hadn't realised that, I thought it was just something like club X has requested not to play at home on **/**/** etc

I guess this gives Sky even more control

4 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I notice that there are half a dozen championship matches live on the red button on boxing day.... Not ours though... 

Might they gradually update overthe next day or so?

I can’t make the Boxing Day match, so wouldn’t mind recording and watch later....not sure the boys (Dad, Joe and me) will be Thought too highly of if we stick the footie on.

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Might they gradually update overthe next day or so?

I can’t make the Boxing Day match, so wouldn’t mind recording and watch later....not sure the boys (Dad, Joe and me) will be Thought too highly of if we stick the footie on.

Say to the others they should do the Boxing Day sales.

Plant the idea in the morning, suggest they do it after lunch.

After food send them off "don't worry about washing up, we'll do it*, take your time, spend a few hours looking..."

(*to get in good books)

Watch footie while they're out.

Everyone wins (except your bank balance perhaps- and hopefully not Brentford)

36 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought when this whole red button thing started, they said they would show EVERY Champ midweek game ?

Didn't someone say in a previous thread that Ashton Gate had used its quoter of matches or airtime or licence etc so that's why the Millwall game wasn't on.. Maybe that's the case here or maybe can only show half boxing day and maybe half new years day or something.. 

9 hours ago, Highburnred said:

I don't think they have enough red button channels to show all the matches if all teams are playing, that's why the midweek fixtures are more evenly split over two nights now so they can show them all.

I hadn`t thought of that.

Hopefully we`ll get our chance against Stoke on NY Day then. I`m going to Brentford but not that one so from a purely selfish point of view I hope we are on.

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I hadn`t thought of that.

Hopefully we`ll get our chance against Stoke on NY Day then. I`m going to Brentford but not that one so from a purely selfish point of view I hope we are on.

Blimey RRH, if I can fly over from Norn Iron to be at the Bet365 for the New Year's Day game, you can jolly well drive up the M5, M6, A500, A50 and take first turning on left for the ground!

However, you could justifiably respond by saying I could jolly well fly over for all the home matches that you're going to!

In which case, if I've persuaded you to go to Stoke now, let me know and I'll gladly buy you a pint. I'll even tell you where we're meeting up!

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Blimey RRH, if I can fly over from Norn Iron to be at the Bet365 for the New Year's Day game, you can jolly well drive up the M5, M6, A500, A50 and take first turning on left for the ground!

However, you could justifiably respond by saying I could jolly well fly over for all the home matches that you're going to!

In which case, if I've persuaded you to go to Stoke now, let me know and I'll gladly buy you a pint. I'll even tell you where we're meeting up!

Much as I would like to be there I doubt my marriage would survive it!:redcard:

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You know the saying RRH , you can only have one .......

..........Club

;)

Back when I was a lot younger and went everywhere away a previous Mrs RRH said she would leave me if I went to Darlington away on a Tuesday night in December.

Fair play to her, she`d packed and gone by the time I got back.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Back when I was a lot younger and went everywhere away a previous Mrs RRH said she would leave me if I went to Darlington away on a Tuesday night in December.

Fair play to her, she`d packed and gone by the time I got back.

:clap:

Give that man a medal !

Brilliant

All joking aside , if you’ve got a good un a tactical approach is more sensible ;)

Think about that Poor Sag

Hed had three divorces , and relegation to Non League ..........and the Thatcher Years .......... ?.

Archived