IGNORED

Safe Standing Update - Now with images of AG

redsapper

• SC&T Board Members
19 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

You are clearly more in the know than me Blagdon Red so fair play. Genuine question though, was it Storr or Lansdown's boy who put the kibosh on the St George flag display versus Cardiff, and isn't S82 supposed to be standing ?

Not having been privy to the relevant conversations on the day, I don't know who took the decision over the St George flag.

The S82 area, like all areas of AG, is officially seated accommodation and it is against ground regulations to stand there persistently. However, the club and AGL have taken the decision to tolerate standing in that area. That decision could be reversed at any time and/or the SAG could at any time insist that the ground regulations are enforced. Once govt policy changes, it will be possible to operate the area officially as standing accommodation.

35 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A (less than subtle) little nudge, for which you have my entire support ?.

Merci!

2 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Not having been privy to the relevant conversations on the day, I don't know who took the decision over the St George flag.

The S82 area, like all areas of AG, is officially seated accommodation and it is against ground regulations to stand there persistently. However, the club and AGL have taken the decision to tolerate standing in that area. That decision could be reversed at any time and/or the SAG could at any time insist that the ground regulations are enforced. Once govt policy changes, it will be possible to operate the area officially as standing accommodation.

Merci!

Thanks @Blagdon red I didn't know the status of the s82 area.

7 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I can't see City introducing this. They want to get away from the "old fashioned" standing culture and prefer an NBA happy clappy environment. Clearing out the Atyeo was a statement of intent, as was/is the limiting of S82.

If the club was actually looking at this, bearing in mind that away visitors can mingle to their hearts content in the fans village without any agro, the answer could be to stick them in the "gods" at the top of the Lansdown like happens at Newcastle and bring the Atyeo back into home ownership, making it all standing.

That wouldn't suit Mr Storr at all of course so surely won't happen.

I get your point, but i can see the club embracing this fully, the current South Stand areas are ideal for a this innovation with minimal impact on others plus miles away from the away fans so no rush of adrenalin at any point ....

If the wider powers at be ok it ....i reckon it will happen here 

3 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Saw some comments earlier of putting this at the back of the Dolman. To me, that stand already takes far too long to clear. I can see another 1000/1500 people at the back being quite dangerous.

When these areas have the seats down, can the barriers in front be lowered as well?

If that area was designated a safe standing area, I imagine the seats would be locked up, as the pic below shows. It would take no longer to clear, they take up the same space as ordinary seats , and as far as I understand the main difference is the barrier in front to stop falling forward. It gives the club the option of ordinary seats, when not locked up, and a safe standing area when locked up in position.

1200px-Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_ra

resizedimage600337-Posh-group-in-AWD-Are

@Blagdon red obviously is the man to ask for this.

However, I fear that the recent events- Millwall, our own scuffles v Swansea, plus of course the pitch invaders who had a pop at Messrs. Grealish and Smalling, will be used as an excuse to delay it that little bit longer, mixture of legit crowd control concerns and opposition to it couched within some legitimate concerns. The fact that there has been little in the press about the safe standing campaign just lately- and tbh everything else is just overridden by Brexit in Parliament- gives me a bit less cause for optimism.

On 07/01/2019 at 18:00, 1960maaan said:

If that area was designated a safe standing area, I imagine the seats would be locked up, as the pic below shows. It would take no longer to clear, they take up the same space as ordinary seats , and as far as I understand the main difference is the barrier in front to stop falling forward. It gives the club the option of ordinary seats, when not locked up, and a safe standing area when locked up in position.

1200px-Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_ra

resizedimage600337-Posh-group-in-AWD-Are

I'm at the back of the Dullmoan and can confirm rail seats would be very popular there! There's a lot of people want to stand.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'm at the back of the Dullmoan and can confirm rail seats would be very popular there! There's a lot of people want to stand.

Unfortunately the devil is in the detail. Installing safe standing is easy if everyone wants to stand. I’m sure a lot of people want to stand at the back of the Dolman, but there are also a lot who are happy to sit. Those who want to sit would not be happy as they would have the choice of standing or moving to somewhere else. The latter option would not be easy for groups of people as there are not many groups of seats that are available 

• SC&T Board Members
8 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Saw a big decision in France to essentially allow safe standing universally at all french stadia. Spurs also showing off their rail seating at their new stadium.

Any updates as to our plans @Blagdon red?

I fear we may have to wait until 20/21 season.

Any club with an all-seater stadium is now allowed, like Spurs, to install 'seats incorporating barriers'. Indeed, the official safety advice is now that, in areas where fans stand persistently, clubs should consider doing this to mitigate the safety risks inherent in persistent standing. Legal advice is that failing to do so could leave clubs liable to negligence claims in the event of injuries suffered by fans standing in such areas.

I remain in dialogue with BCFC/AGL, but have nothing new to report at this stage.

There is still time to do something in time for 2019/20 ... but time is running out fast.

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately the devil is in the detail. Installing safe standing is easy if everyone wants to stand. I’m sure a lot of people want to stand at the back of the Dolman, but there are also a lot who are happy to sit. Those who want to sit would not be happy as they would have the choice of standing or moving to somewhere else. The latter option would not be easy for groups of people as there are not many groups of seats that are available 

I do see where you're going with this but if it's the top row, your issue you have pointed out wouldn't kick in- if say the top row and somehow the bit behind the top row.

If it was further rows, 40 and downwards then yeah this scenario would kick in. Top row, giving as per the safe standing model the choice of standing or seating- that in isolation, wouldn't cause the issue IMO.

Archived