IGNORED

Lee Johnson Post Match

BobBobSuperBob

To round off the afternoon

Quite simply the best post match interview I’ve heard from him in his time here IMHO  (Radio Bristol)

Some Interesting points , and subjects, very balanced and very noticeably sounded as if he felt confident and in control 

Def worth a listen when it comes on iPlayer 

My post match comments...... decent, open game, which both sides had chances to win. An excellent point away to a footballing side. Recently City are playing with a bit more style and identity, the fact LJ’s team selection is more settled is IMO key to performances, confidence and results.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Quite simply the best post match interview I’ve heard from him in his time here IMHO  (Radio Bristol)

Some Interesting points , and subjects, very balanced and very noticeably sounded as if he felt confident and in control 

He certainly mentioned how their forwards were getting between the FBs and CBs...Which led to their goal, Pack could have dangled a leg to stop it going in, but thought he had a very good game otherwise...Great performance, Great Game!!

COYRs 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Are you o.k. , Bob?

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is the penny finally dropping? 

Unchanged again and another solid result.

2 very winnable games coming up where inevitably we will see some rotation but maybe he is getting an idea of his best side.

Still like to see Eisa start instead of woefully out of form Weimann, but certainly doing better since the tombola stopped rolling so much.

33 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You don’t agree @swanker ?

im thinking.........appropriate

32 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Still like to see Eisa start instead of woefully out of form Weimann, but certainly doing better since the tombola stopped rolling so much.

Weimann is playing out wide though not as a striker. What would be the point of playing Eisa out of position when we have others who are natural in that postion?

Considering some of the pessimistic predictions elsewhere on this forum prior to the Brum game,,  we are beginning to look like a team rather than a collection of individuals.  I'm still not entirely convinced, but LJ is doing a good job and deserves credit, and I wish him well.  We seem to be getting the pride back in our performances, and I  know a lot of opposition fans were impressed by our televised display against a very good Norwich side........onwards?

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Eisa has had about 10 minutes of championship football, why are you so keen to throw him in at the moment?

OE isn’t the only one who thinks the inexperienced Eisa should start...........what they don’t appreciate is the huge gulf in quality between the Championship and Leagues 1 and 2. 

The Hudderfield game could be an opportunity to start him.

25 minutes ago, smokey live said:

Weimann is playing out wide though not as a striker. What would be the point of playing Eisa out of position when we have others who are natural in that postion?

14 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Eisa has had about 10 minutes of championship football, why are you so keen to throw him in at the moment?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

OE isn’t the only one who thinks the inexperienced Eisa should start...........what they don’t appreciate is the huge gulf in quality between the Championship and Leagues 1 and 2. 

The Hudderfield game could be an opportunity to start him.

With two home games coming up, I'd prefer us play 2 up front and Eisa (from what I have seen) is a natural finisher, something we are lacking in the current side. We will never know if he is 'up to it' without giving him a chance.

1 minute ago, basshead said:

Like to see eisa instead of patterson .scored but that miss was shoc

I thought Paterson played pretty well today.  He was constantly involved, showed some great footwork and some quick interpassing.  I agree that a few games ago he was well off-form but I think it's not a coincidence that his return to form has seen our performances improve.  The miss was unfortunate but the ball came at him quite high and he was on the wrong foot to hit it.

What was interesting on the RB interview was that he was asked about January recruitment plans/progres and he said ( paraphrasing): 

It's right for me to focus on the team and maintaining our run and not lose focus ....the recruitment team, Mark Ashton ...I look forward to what they present to me rather than me leading....

What do we make of that?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes big improvement from LJ, thought is being given to what is being said. I previously said he wasn’t sounding like a leader, I hope he is beginning to prove me wrong. Well done LJ.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Telling comment when he said he was focussed on coaching and leaving the recruitment process to MA and others. He would start to get involved later. Makes me think he has been trying to do everyone else's job, and not focussed on his own!

3 minutes ago, DingleRed said:

Telling comment when he said he was focussed on coaching and leaving the recruitment process to MA and others. He would start to get involved later. Makes me think he has been trying to do everyone else's job, and not focussed on his own!

I thought it was interesting he’d clearly had a one to one talk with Pato

I anticipate , Famara too , maybe in a different style 

Clearly got a positive reaction from both if that’s the case

I wonder whether a few had been spoken with post Preston - at the forum he was clearly frustrated and confused by their performances on that day

12 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

What was interesting on the RB interview was that he was asked about January recruitment plans/progress and he said ( paraphrasing): 

It's right for me to focus on the team and maintaining our run and not lose focus ....the recruitment team, Mark Ashton ...I look forward to what they present to me rather than me leading....

What do we make of that?

He's now doing / concentrating on his job, ie head coach, rather than trying to do everything else as well? 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

53 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

With two home games coming up, I'd prefer us play 2 up front and Eisa (from what I have seen) is a natural finisher, something we are lacking in the current side. We will never know if he is 'up to it' without giving him a chance.

So on one hand you say we are playing better now that he has kept a settled side but then go on to say he should change the team and formation!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair play BBSB.

As you have often came across as one of LJ's more vociferous detractors, it's good to see/hear (On a forum no idea which) you give praise when it's due. Always pleases me when somebody is prepared to give good (and bad) comments whenever they are merited and not just stick to their favoured agenda. 

Please don't take this as a dig mate, it certainly isn't meant to be.

Archived