IGNORED

Joe Bryan back

Judda

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Who cares ....move on he's not our player anymore.

Generally I would agree with this sentiment.

However the use of "sell on clauses" in every outgoing transfer the club makes means having our recently departed players playing well and potentially earning another big money transfer is in the best interests for our future transfer kitty - I do care a little bit about that.

38 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Who cares ....move on he's not our player anymore.

I don't get why people on here have this attitude about players who have left, at least not the ones who love the club. If it were Maynard or someone who left in that manner then I'd understand but I like Joe and I wish him well, it's nice to see him doing well. 

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't get why people on here have this attitude about players who have left, at least not the ones who love the club. If it were Maynard or someone who left in that manner then I'd understand but I like Joe and I wish him well, it's nice to see him doing well. 

Don’t you just find it all rather odd that somebody would start a thread about him when he doesn’t play for city anymore,doesn’t matter what you think of him as a player or person and the same goes for ex players like Maynard or Reid like you said 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t you just find it all rather odd that somebody would start a thread about him when he doesn’t play for city anymore,doesn’t matter what you think of him as a player or person and the same goes for ex players like Maynard or Reid like you said 

I think the difference with most ex players is that Joe is one of us, he's a local lad, he is a supporter. Because of that most will continue to follow his career and wish him all the best.

7 hours ago, Judda said:

Good to see Joe on Motd back from injury and 1st clean sheet for Fulham...

He was back a couple of weeks ago. Came on as sub v Leicester and he started last week at Old Trafford. 

From the highlights yesterday he was all at sea defensively (as per) but decent going forward (as per). If you’d seen the Man U game last week, he was all at sea defensively there too. 

For Joe’s sake, I hope Ranieri continues with the 3-5-2 he played yesterday, with Joe at wing back. 

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Exactly. A proper city academy player coming good and doing well is definitely good to see...

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And that’s fine and dandy but does it deserve a thread 

I’d rather have a thread about City fan, ex player and playing in the Prem, than about the Man Utd manager. But I doubt you’d moan about that thread.

Agree it is good to see a local City supporter and player ply his trade so well in the sport he has devoted his efforts to for 20 years. Well done that man! Also hope he loves our supporters as much as we (all??!!) loved him, not just for the many spectacular goals but also for proving again the academy is great, our current coaches develop players so well and also...we may get some dosh for him when he moves on to stay in the top flight. My guess is Spurs.

• Admin
On 23/12/2018 at 00:12, Judda said:

Good to see Joe on Motd back from injury and 1st clean sheet for Fulham...

Only caught the end of the highlights on MOTD but Bryan was through on goal near the end of the game and hit it tamely across the keeper

Bryan of old would have put it in the top corner, was surprised he didn't have a crack

On 23/12/2018 at 01:31, joe jordans teeth said:

Not really? He's probably one of the best academy to first-team players we've developed so I'm certainly interested in how his career goes as he's practically the clubs example of what they can develop. If other clubs see Joe doing well and then they see Kelly and other players currently at the club showing signs of being quality players it raises the attention on them which in turn can create a bidding war. 

If anything we should be keeping tabs on all of our players we develop and sell on, they are a great way to raise the clubs profile and encourage new talents to join us.

Excellently put .

34 years old and first time I have used the word excellently.

Go on someone tell me it's not even a word.

Good job I was blessed with good looks and generously endowed as life would be a much greater struggle had I had to rely on my brain ?

Archived