IGNORED

OK so which centre forward do we want in January

barneyrubble

We haven't replaced Djuric (or Flint played up front) so I can see us going for a big lump of s striker who is good with his head, as someone to bring on in the last 15-20 minutes. The only one who comes quickly to mind is Kiefer Moore, but I don't think he would necessarily pass the "quality" test quoted by some on here.

32 minutes ago, harrys said:

Bowen at Hull looks real class and doesn’t seemed to get talked about much

Considering we could’ve had him for £50k when at Hereford I think it’ll be a big fail if we pay the reported £15m for him. 

29 minutes ago, harrys said:

Bowen at Hull looks real class and doesn’t seemed to get talked about much

22 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Good shout and they would probably sell

I`d love him here but watching Hull v Swans last night (he had another good game) they said a lot of Premier League/top end championship sides were sniffing round for January. I could see him going to someone like Huddersfield since they can`t score goals it seems or in our league, perhaps Boro.

Controversial maybe but I don't think this is the season to go fo it.

The January window isn't the time to get quality and without pre season they very rarely fit in, everyone wants to hold on to the quality players they have. If we do go for it then we need quality not quantity.

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The January window isn't the time to get quality and without pre season they very rarely fit in, everyone wants to hold on to the quality players they have. If we do go for it then we need quality not quantity.

I tend to agree to a certain extent. You don`t get value in January and I`d sooner wait until the summer. 

It really does depend on our ambitions for this season - do we genuinely think we can make the play offs? Personally I think we need more than just a striker if we do think that and funds won`t allow us to bring in the quality we need even if those players were available and wanted to come.

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I believe that this idea of no quality players or deals available in January is a myth.

There are hundreds if not thousands of quality players who for one reason or another find themselves out of , perhaps a new manager's plans, or are in the last year of their contract and the selling club will be looking to cut their losses and so on.

As for us , much depends on the situation regarding Taylor will we keep him or try to upgrade ? 

Is Eisa going to get game time with the first team ? I wouldn't like to bring in another ' Eisa type ' one for the future signing if it means the lad doesn't get a chance to prove his quality .

LJ indicated that Pato was the number 10 behind Diedhou yesterday and he has faith in him.

I am actually not too sure that we can upgrade our forwards without busting the bank for ' proven quality '  so believe that we won't.

May be just a central midfielder to push Packy ? 

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I believe that this idea of no quality players or deals available in January is a myth.

There are hundreds if not thousands of quality players who for one reason or another find themselves out of , perhaps a new manager's plans, or are in the last year of their contract and the selling club will be looking to cut their losses and so on.

As for us , much depends on the situation regarding Taylor will we keep him or try to upgrade ? 

Is Eisa going to get game time with the first team ? I wouldn't like to bring in another ' Eisa type ' one for the future signing if it means the lad doesn't get a chance to prove his quality .

LJ indicated that Pato was the number 10 behind Diedhou yesterday and he has faith in him.

I am actually not too sure that we can upgrade our forwards without busting the bank for ' proven quality '  so believe that we won't.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The question should be where do you find an available proven goalscorer in the winter window?

Not impossible, but we found LT in January who performed well on loan 6 in 18. Maybe we could look up the leagues instead of down? 

LT wasn't exactly proven goalscorer before we signed him tbf but was proven quality in the champ 

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Taylor currently has a hip flexor problem and hopefully won’t out much longer. That said it does dependn on which flexor it is and whether it’s just a tear or something more serious.

Many of us, me included have been banging on about a creative midfielder but I’m not convinced that LJ sees the need to strengthen that position  given the fact he’s happy with Brownhill and Pack but if one of them gets injured the cupboard is bare....both Walsh and Smith have sick  notes for a while yet.

Should be an interesting window.......

Archived