IGNORED

LJ - Brentford Pre-Match Presser

Davefevs

LJ interview v Brentford with Gregor....Summary

Tough game, players need to prepare to perfection

Window:

Trading? Swaps? Leasing?  Loan?  All mentioned but little specific.

Talking about freeing up funds though....suggesting trading means sell / loan to buy / loan

City are an attractive proposition 

Any new player, has to contribute and make other players better too.

Don’t wanna sell Kelly.  Can’t guarantee it.  Lloyd still early in his career though, needs to keep his feet on the ground, hasn’t cracked it yet.

Loans?

Kalas season long - want to keep him, but vague about terms of season long

Da Silva season long - similarly vague, but Jay close to playing, could play in CM cause of technique.

Good chance of a loan coming in.

Would need to be rediculous bid to lose a player.

Obviously you can`t tell a lot from the bullet points but I think he`s preparing us for a quiet January where we may lose more bodies than we gain. He was cagy about Kalas which suggests to me that he`s half expecting a bid to come in to Chelsea but he hopes they won`t accept it.

He`s probably just keeping his cards close to his chest and knows far more than he`s saying though. Personally I`m not expecting much action in January, in or out.

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Reading between the lines it would appear that we are favouring the loan route in this window.

I think that we aren't able to bring in any marquee signings unless we sell one of our stars , LK, COD ...

Very few teams bring in ‘marque’ signings in January.

49 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Reading between the lines it would appear that we are favouring the loan route in this window.

I think that we aren't able to bring in any marquee signings unless we sell one of our stars , LK, COD ...

Good, history teaches us that the less LJ has to spend the better ?

For me, sounds like serious interest in LK too. He kind of let slip there have been offers made. Probably reading too much into it but said when you see the clubs in for him but changed it to linked or whatever. Could be a slip of tongue but it is LJ and Bristol City everyone is a bit loose with their tongues at times. Not sure I’d be too gutted if Kelly left in Jan. LJ is right in saying he has not made it yet. He could be improved on for this season. Hell sounds like LJ thinks Jay Dasilva is gaining on him. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Well, it surely cannot be any worse than January 2018 so I am ridiculously optimistic.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Well,frankly then out of those options it would have to be Kelly-so long as ££ are right!

To be fair, he has to be vague.  I'm sure there are irons in the fire, but obviously he doesn't want to alert our competitors.

I'm really only expecting a loan or two out and a lone or two in, though we may be surprised I suppose.

I'm sure Defoe would strenghen the team and his experience would be helpful to the other lads.  He is out of contract so don't know how much he would want, but there are probably better opportunities for him.  The only advantages of coming here are that London is not too far away and that he would get plenty of game time.  His presence might be enough to challenge for top 6.

Rumoured £7M or £8M for LK already from Liverpool which is rediculous for someone of his potential who needs a further two seasons with us to really establish his credentials. He'll be good enough to walk in to any top six Premier League team by then otherwise he'll be farmed out to another Championship team on loan and playing against us FFS!

A couple of quality signings needed up front and midfield.

Brentford won't be a push over. We need to press and have the same work rate as the last two matches to get the three points.

54 minutes ago, Swede said:

Rumoured £7M or £8M for LK already from Liverpool which is rediculous for someone of his potential who needs a further two seasons with us to really establish his credentials. He'll be good enough to walk in to any top six Premier League team by then otherwise he'll be farmed out to another Championship team on loan and playing against us FFS!

Brentford won't be a push over. We need to press and have the same work rate as the last two matches to get the three points.

Would take more than that - £12m-plus I reckon

20 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Good, history teaches us that the less LJ has to spend the better ?

There is some truth to that!

19 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Well, it surely cannot be any worse than January 2018 so I am ridiculously optimistic.

Yep. 

17 hours ago, Swede said:

The swap/trade thing keeps being mentioned. Who do they have as a make weight in a deal for Kelly!!?

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

Ive been told that Leeds and Fulham are in for Kalas, im not sure if that's January or the summer window though.

Can't see Leeds spending £8-£10m on a player - Fulham on the other hand ?

I'm a tad concerned that we could lose him in Jan! LJ didn't seem 100% certain at the Presser the other day!

19 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Can't see Leeds spending £8-£10m on a player - Fulham on the other hand ?

I'm a tad concerned that we could lose him in Jan! LJ didn't seem 100% certain at the Presser the other day!

No, I think he didn’t want to answer because he didn’t want the reality to be out there.

Archived