IGNORED

On this day

The Dolman Pragmatist

On this day, 28th December; i was born. Today I am 64, but my best ever present was on my 20th birthday.

City were at Eastville that afternoon. At half time they gas heads were all over us as Rovers were winning 1-0. Full time score; Rovers 1 - City 4 ?:city:

On the open end against the parkway, all my mates kept shaking my hand and wishing me Happy Birthday as each goal went in.

On 26/12/2018 at 10:52, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unspectacular  , But always think of a important 1-0 away win at Craven Cottage in our 89/90 promotion campaign with Sir Bobs winner 

Was talking about that very match this morning. The thing I remember most about that day was the really thick fog on the Mororway going up.

we played West Brom on Boxing Day the season before as well - then it was still terraced, with a grand, raucous following of cider heads roaring the team on as we clung to a desperately jammy 1-0 win. Tinnion goal I think. Great day on a beauty of a terrace.

I seem to remember a Boxing Day match away at Wolves round about the same time - I think we finished with nine men, yet nearly stole a flukey win at the death. 0-0 I think, and if I'm right, the ground only had two sides then? despite that, a great atmosphere, with another large and boisterous following from us on that massive, echoing terrace. 

Brilliant days!

Archived