IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 24

BessexRED

Can't fault the league position. But wow! - borefest! Ineffective football from City. Main out ball for much of the match a hoof up to an isolated Famara. Lots of midfield huff and puff but no end product. A very dull spectacle for a holiday crowd. Pity. 

3 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Pretty poor game between 2 average teams. Most disappointing was our negitive play after going 1 up!! Very frustrating! 

Same as Millwall. Even against Norwich, at 2-1 we dropped back and gave them the initiative. It seems therefore to be a deliberate tactic, one that is delivering a lot of draws.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Nooooo

Somebody being positive!!! 

Can't be happening, he must be a superfan/LJ/LJ's missus/Mark Ashton cat... 

Don't get this place at times... 

and then theres those who insist on burying there heads in the sand and except everything and dare not question anything.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Nooooo

Somebody being positive!!! 

Can't be happening, he must be a superfan/LJ/LJ's missus/Mark Ashton cat... 

Don't get this place at times... 

Draws against Norwich and Derby warranted positivity because we actually played some good football. Today was back to dross, more befitting a league 2 side.  

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

and then theres those who insist on burying there heads in the sand and except everything and dare not question anything.

Apart from the fact nobody is like that. 

Some people just don't break down when we are top half of the championship... 

5 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

i love a bit of positivity but I am afraid this does not seem to accept the reality of how we are performing. blind optimism will not get us anywhere.

Off the back off 2 good performances we put in one which was lacking, but maintained our unbeaten run.

(Am I allowed to call it a run yet?)

You're right, absolutely nothing positive there, that's obviously just blind optimism.

In any case, my initial comment was nothing to do with positives or negatives, it was about some of our fans thinking we should hammer Brentford "because it's Brentford". The kind of arrogance that Villa fans are often criticised for.

5 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

I think we both know that isn't true. There is such thing as a balanced view that leans towards optimism (or at least not being overly reactive) in times of uncertainty.

I am sorry to say it but even two new and quality players will do little for us under the current head coach. Leave it to LJ to have a brilliant away record and relegation form at home. Sums him up for me. 

I get away teams have a bit more freedom but told the guy next to me we are letting the impose themselves on us. They press us the whole pitch we sit back in our half. Why are we not setting up to win the ball back higher up the pitch? Why are we letting away teams come to AG and play how they want? 

No I am still utterly bored at AG and still utterly done with Lee Johnson. This is us under him. Superb at times and absolutely dreadful at others. Never an anything in between. We have a good core of players here that someone else could get firing to a top 10 finish. I don’t care how far we are off playoffs that will steadily grow as the season wears on guaranteed. Hell might even be 4-5 after Saturday but believe me by end of Jan we will be 10 points from 6th. 

Of course we have positions that can be improved upon. Diedhiou needs competition or replaced and so does Marlon Pack. Captain? Some of his passing today would embarrass me. Lead by example well you won’t see a less energetic playeron the pitch. Hooray every 3 games he will look one way and pass another. Oh and is LJ just going to keep killing LK confidence by playing him out of position? He looks more and more uncomfortable every time he plays there. CB and if he isn’t better than Kalas or Webster the bench. Dasilva in 20 minutes passed the ball more acurately and forward than Kelly did the entire game. 

Yes I am a bit livid with going to watch that. Barely better than Preston about on par with SW. Almost dreading matchdays now. I could not go but that would be a waste of 50 quid per match(2 adult season cards for me and misses). 

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Off the back off 2 good performances we put in one which was lacking, but maintained our unbeaten run.

You're right, absolutely nothing positive there, that's obviously just blind optimism.

In any case, my initial comment was nothing to do with positives or negatives, it was about some of our fans thinking we should hammer Brentford "because it's Brentford". The kind of arrogance that Villa fans are often criticised for.

Did you watch today James ?

We were woeful, ,outplayed , and more concerningly ,out fought 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Apart from the fact nobody is like that. 

Some people just don't break down when we are top half of the championship... 

You're just confirming what he's saying with that statement tbh

Ignoring the performance and seeing the table. Which I agree is the right thing to do.. 

But by seeing a shite performance and then brushing it under the carpet because of our league position is "burying your head" as he said

That being said I'm very happy with the 6th game unbeaten 

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I can't see anyone saying that, just that if we want to be a top ten club as was alluded to recently by our owner we should be beating teams like that at home.

Your posts are so full of hyperbole and trying to create division where there is none, very tiresome 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

We were crap though weren’t we?

Yes Fordy, some on here don't realise that football is suppose to be entertaining, regardless of win. lose or draw. This isn't happening at AG under LJ, everything is revolving around safety,  no matter how boring it is, a change is needed and soon,. The Gas have done it and atm it's paying off, the players need a manager/head coach who has passion and can motivate his players and I'm sorry but LJ is not the man.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Yes, and?

A bad performance off the back of 2-3 decent ones, it's the end of the world!

We're a midtable Championship side, we aren't going to play well week in week out, and we will play poorly sometimes.

Who’s said it’s ‘the end of the world .’

I missed that .........

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yes, and?

A bad performance off the back of 2-3 decent ones, it's the end of the world!

We're a midtable Championship side, we aren't going to play well week in week out, and we will play poorly sometimes.

Sometimes, that's the under statement of the day!

Archived