IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 24

BessexRED

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes Fordy, some on here don't realise that football is suppose to be entertaining, regardless of win. lose or draw. This isn't happening at AG under LJ, everything is revolving around safety,  no matter how boring it is, a change is needed and soon,. The Gas have done it and atm it's paying off, the players need a manager/head coach who has passion and can motivate his players and I'm sorry but LJ is not the man.

We have been served up some awful performances at home too. If we’d had 80-90% decent performance no one would mind but considering we have had maybe 2 ok performances at home(Norwich & Blackburn) then of course people will be angry. Sorry I don’t count 5 unbeaten with 4 draws as progress. Especially when we have been outclassed in most of those. We have been more lucky than good this season and doesn’t bode well for the future imo. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

The players could be told to sit back 

and I have said if this is the case then Johnson hasn't learned anything as it's cost us multiple leads and continues to hold us back. Even Stevie Wonder could see that every time we tyr and sit on a lead it comes back to haunt us. We need to play with confidence, not fear of losing a lead because, without that confidence that's exactly what happens anyway, we concede.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yes, and?

A bad performance off the back of 2-3 decent ones, it's the end of the world!

We're a midtable Championship side, we aren't going to play well week in week out, and we will play poorly sometimes.

We do love a good whinge here James 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Did you watch today James ?

We were woeful, ,outplayed , and more concerningly ,out fought 

The players seem to pick and choose when they will put in the effort and LJ seems unable to persuade them otherwise, while his own response to it tends to be meh.

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We have been served up some awful performances at home too. If we’d had 80-90% decent performance no one would mind but considering we have had maybe 2 ok performances at home(Norwich & Blackburn) then of course people will be angry. Sorry I don’t count 5 unbeaten with 4 draws as progress. Especially when we have been outclassed in most of those. We have been more lucky than good this season and doesn’t bode well for the future imo. 

And it won't until LJ goes!

1 minute ago, Allwaysred said:

Give the guy a break he needs another transfer window or 2 to get his team together.... 

You could give him 20 and it wouldn't make any difference.

That was a very frustrating 90 minutes. Each half started positively....we took the advantage (a bit by luck but you have to be there for luck too)....we subsequently Sat back and didn't go for the kill. As a team we have never had good game management at 1-0......it only takes a moment of brilliance (this time from Watkins...who played a great ball in for their point blank equaliser.....the  we are on the back foot. 

The ball never bounces for you once you've been ahead and are on the back foot. The traffic felt as if it was all Brentford after their equaliser.....in part because we go belting up the wings (still the left.....always the left)......and have no central player to pass to.....if we do they rush it and we then lose......subsequent counter puts us under extreme pressure and frustration for the fans......when we win it back we mess about with it at the back (inviting more pressure) or come out so pedestrian that we look dis-interested.

I fear that if we do not find some inspiration soon that this run of draws may constitute our good run and, If this is the case, we could be in forma turbulent new year. 

For me.it stinks of having no respect for our opposition.....Norwich and Derby we turned up for......Brentford.....well....enough people Have given their verdict on here.....

The atmosphere at AG is slowly turning and this evening we had audible Boos from the home fans.....and so the rollercoaster starts.....

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

The players seem to pick and choose when they will put in the effort and LJ seems unable to persuade them otherwise, while his own response to it tends to be meh.

Not sure I agree with this. Sometimes we are just simply outclassed and the players know it. That and the tactics sometimes make us sit back and wait for an attack 

Just now, chinapig said:

I have suggested a number of times I’m not actually sure how much influence Lee has on performances 

Almost bizarre to see that display , at home , on Boxing Day , decent crowd , on the back of a reasonable run.....

the lack of energy , organisation and intent were all back

Season’s greetings fellow City fans.

IMO a frustrating and lack lustre team performance. LK was far too prone to poor distribution, for me nobody shone. We created little in the way of good chances and there was little sign of City being creative. Sloppy, casual defending for their equaliser. 

Thought Brentford were the better side, after we scored, and they were certainly worthy of a point, as much for their play/application as well as our inability to create/build on the lead.

Still on the brighter side - that’s now a run of six games without a defeat and several injured players are back in contention.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I have suggested a number of times I’m not actually sure how much influence Lee has on performances 

Almost bizarre to see that display , at home , on Boxing Day , decent crowd , on the back of a reasonable run.....

If the implication of your first sentence is true, and I rather suspect it is, then the solution is very easy to see.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He reminds me at times of Millen, who always looked to me more of a bystander than a manager.

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

agreed we have no right to beat anyone but it sounded and looked today like we were terrified on the ball, set up at home to draw and there was no spark. I am in London and could not make it down today, but if I am wrong, I would love cheering up with something I am missing?

I’d just be grateful I didn’t travel down for that Horton 

Maenappa didn’t do anything wrong and Kalas , Webster and Pisano had decent games :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Spike said:

and I have said if this is the case then Johnson hasn't learned anything as it's cost us multiple leads and continues to hold us back. Even Stevie Wonder could see that every time we tyr and sit on a lead it comes back to haunt us. We need to play with confidence, not fear of losing a lead because, without that confidence that's exactly what happens anyway, we concede.

There is not to much wrong with playing a bit deeper when ahead...as long as we still carry a threat. When we try it, we still give chances away and lose any threat.

We have played our better football when behind or level this season. We have drawn four out of our last five, and I think I am right in saying we have been ahead in every single one. Equally, every one of those equalisers was with the run of play at that time.

It is now a trend. Happy enough with mid table this season, but we start so slowly at home and stop playing when ahead. Would just like to see it addressed, that’s all.

1 minute ago, Allwaysred said:

I was joking he's taken us as far as he can with the money given to him all be it a lot has been splashed up a wall. Please attack attack attack Rotherham LJ or the banner will have to come out.

Pwoaah I'm an LJ outter just like the next guy but sometimes my fellow comrades are just silly  

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Like I have said the prem teams in the cup run last season, Wolves last season, Norwich on tv this season all easy games to get the lads motivated. Brentford who are 18th Rotherham on Saturday when they are 20th. Those are the real LJ sides. He doesn’t have a motivational bone in his body. Probably harsh on him but he has no presence. You can put that down to size, the way he speaks the level he played at etc and it is probably a combination of things like that. Have said for ages I can’t see LJ getting a team fired up for anything other than against a top 3 side or on tv. 

Another boring and tepid home performance.

Our style of football is confused, one dimensional, we have no magic, no one capable of winning a game with any flair. It's the most vanilla city team for decade. 

Results have been "ok" but there is no buzz at the gate, people are finding other things to do, those that do go look bored and interested. There was no where near 21K there today. S82 was empty. 

I get married on Friday so I won't be going to city until February and I can't bloody wait. 

Archived