IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 24

BessexRED

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d just be grateful I didn’t travel down for that Horton 

Maenappa didn’t do anything wrong and Kalas , Webster and Pisano had decent games :thumbsup:

3rd best defence in the division yet our coach is doing nothing right at all according to some...

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

There is not to much wrong with playing a bit deeper when ahead...as long as we still carry a threat. When we try it, we still give chances away and lose any threat.

We have played our better football when behind or level this season. We have drawn four out of our last five, and I think I am right in saying we have been ahead in every single one. Equally, every one of those equalisers was with the run of play at that time.

It is now a trend. Happy enough with mid table this season, but we start so slowly at home and stop playing when ahead. Would just like to see it addressed, that’s all.

A bit deeper? At times against Norwich and today we are trying to defend with 6-8 in the box about 30 yards from our goal. We invite teams onto us when we go up. The goals always feel inevitable. 15-20 people sat around me today all said the same thing that we would not win today with how we were defending. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

A bit deeper? At times against Norwich and today we are trying to defend with 6-8 in the box about 30 yards from our goal. We invite teams onto us when we go up. The goals always feel inevitable. 15-20 people sat around me today all said the same thing that we would not win today with how we were defending. 

Not disagreeing, we are taking it far to far.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d just be grateful I didn’t travel down for that Horton 

Maenappa didn’t do anything wrong and Kalas , Webster and Pisano had decent games :thumbsup:

I did and wish I hadn't bothered.

I agree those three did ok. COD seemed to be back to normal without the incentive of the Sky cameras. No-one in midfield had what you would class as a good game.

Playing one up front and just aiming to avoid losing at home is getting really tedious. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Like I have said the prem teams in the cup run last season, Wolves last season, Norwich on tv this season all easy games to get the lads motivated. Brentford who are 18th Rotherham on Saturday when they are 20th. Those are the real LJ sides. He doesn’t have a motivational bone in his body. Probably harsh on him but he has no presence. You can put that down to size, the way he speaks the level he played at etc and it is probably a combination of things like that. Have said for ages I can’t see LJ getting a team fired up for anything other than against a top 3 side or on tv. 

You may be right but what about the player's own motivation?

It's not just LJ, the club has a distinctly 'whatever' culture throughout and has done for most of the decades I have been a fan.

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

3rd best defence in the division yet our coach is doing nothing right at all according to some...

Can't you see! It's not the defence that's the problem, it's the lack of any shots on goal and the fact that they are unable to break down opposing defences. when teams are set up to frustrate us.  The other thing is that when they go a goal up, they seem to be instructed to sit back and allow teams to come on to them. We all know teams will pressure you when losing, but not usually for 40 or 45 minutes, as we allow them to do regularly.

Hmmm,

Positives: 

We didn't lose to Brentford at home.

Webster

Eros

Negatives:

HOOFBALL!! 

Back to slow, slow, slow ?!

Boring game

Lucky to get a point out of that

Atmosphere was shocking!

All in all, it was a really poor performance and most certainly won't have fans heading back to BS3 in their droves. 

Why can't we pass with relative speed at home, like we can away from the Gate? It was soooo slow and ponderous yet we know we can play with more urgency as we have done away lately. 

Man, I was bored today. :(

3 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Entertaining? For me is the points more important than entertaining. Not a rugbyfan, so dont know what your talking about. For me it is City, nothing else.

You said Bristol FC which was the Bristol Bears old name, now do you understand? Actually it was Bristol RFC and you didn't say Bristol City. Just trying to make a funny comment after that rubbish this afternoon. Sorry it didn't work. I'm not a Rugby fan either.

LJ "we could have won 3-0" I apologize if I heard wrong, but i'm pretty sure i heard it

Yeah, if we totally ignore all the chances they spurned and imagine we had a few more attempts on goal.

Just be honest, and i'll respect that but don't come on radio saying we played well.

Lucky point today, but hey  the run goes on so   let's put it right on Saturday.

57 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yes, and?

A bad performance off the back of 2-3 decent ones, it's the end of the world!

We're a midtable Championship side, we aren't going to play well week in week out, and we will play poorly sometimes.

Johnson doesn't think it was a bad performance. He said he was pleased with it.

Not a single word about the fact that 1-4 at HT would barely have flattered Brentford.

48 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You may be right but what about the player's own motivation?

It's not just LJ, the club has a distinctly 'whatever' culture throughout and has done for most of the decades I have been a fan.

Agreed, but, not that I would want him here, but,  could you see Colin putting up with that attitude from the players.

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Johnson doesn't think it was a bad performance. He said he was pleased with it.

Not a single word about the fact that 1-4 at HT would barely have flattered Brentford.

If he really was pleased then we can expect similar against Rotherham. 1-1 would presumably be hunky dory.

Let’s be honest it was an average performance by an average team. Disappointing considering the display at Derby.

We didn’t show enough urgency until last ten minutes when the team realised they weren’t going to walk to 3 points - too little too late.

How LJ performs in this window is key for either building something good for next season (with good defensive foundation) or whether it just looks as though we will be mid-table forever. 

58 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Another boring and tepid home performance.

Our style of football is confused, one dimensional, we have no magic, no one capable of winning a game with any flair. It's the most vanilla city team for decade. 

Results have been "ok" but there is no buzz at the gate, people are finding other things to do, those that do go look bored and interested. There was no where near 21K there today. S82 was empty. 

I get married on Friday so I won't be going to city until February and I can't bloody wait. 

Congratulations to you and your wife to be, have a great day and enjoy every minute. It will better than watching City atm. Well Done!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

Definitely need a play maker!!

Easier said than done, most of the best ones are definitely unavailable....

You got anyone in mind? :dunno: .…. I can only think of a few, Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, TS Elliot, Harold Pinter, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel Coward.... Class acts but they're all dead.    

1 hour ago, Bri Stool City said:

and then theres those who insist on burying there heads in the sand and except everything and dare not question anything.

The Gas are on a roll after a horrendous few months, they were saying give Man City the title, no one is is entitled to anything in this game of football. But what would you have done now? Sack Lee, OTIB pick the team, put Bob as manager NTTDS as the entertainment bod, and Dave as the Director of Football, it is a tough old game this Football management, unless you have millions to p!ss up we have to make the best of what we got, which is top half of the second tier, unbeaten in six, a  smashing stadium, a wealthy owner who happens to be a City fan, and top flight football awaits.

Behave.      

Archived