IGNORED

Sunderland - 45,000 expected

RT's Vaseline Tub

1 minute ago, kiwicolin said:

Well done Sunderland fans :clap:

How many would follow a team , that is now in Division one,  and come to support the team, in their numbers .  You would have thought most would  stay away.  True supporters.  

Uhmmmmmm

Where were they all last season ?

No different from any other club , fans will come to watch a winning side

They have a massive fan base and fair play to them but don’t dress them up as something they arnt 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Uhmmmmmm

They have a massive fan base and fair play to them but don’t dress them up as something they arnt 

Agree

I went away last year to the game, got on the plane and was actually sat next to a Sunderland fan who was down here visiting family and going back for the game. He said he had left most of the games so far that season at half time!! I also have never seen so many supporters walk out of a game at 73 mins when only 2-1 down. Was quite surreal really..

Football in the North East is massive. I worked up there off and on for 3 years and the passion and support is just massive. You don't get many prawn sandwich brigades up there. Respect to the Mackams. Nice people also.

They are happy to talk football all night with anyone wants to have a chat. 

The documentary on Netflix is worth a watch also.

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Football in the North East is massive. I worked up there off and on for 3 years and the passion and support is just massive. You don't get many prawn sandwich brigades up there. Respect to the Mackams. Nice people also.

They are happy to talk football all night with anyone wants to have a chat. 

The documentary on Netflix is worth a watch also.

Agreed, it's a real hotbed historically. Not so successful at this time but both of the main 2 clubs there should probably be doing better.

Know a Sunderland fan who lives down here,  couple of Newcastle fans too. Tend to agree with this post, albeit those few I mentioned a small sample size.

22 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Not quite the 51k we had vs Cardiff in the old 3rd division south...

Our record attendance is 43k versus PNE in 1935.

Not sure where you got that from ?

Interesting that most clubs record attendances are in the FA Cup..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_record_home_attendances_of_English_football_clubs

22 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Our record attendance is 43k versus PNE in 1935.

Not sure where you got that from ?

Interesting that most clubs record attendances are in the FA Cup..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_record_home_attendances_of_English_football_clubs

the record attendance was at Ninian park ccfc v city april 1947 49,310  according to 11v11 although I have seen 51000 quoted elsewhere  when they played the gas in the same season only  28699 turned up at Cardiff   (no locked out jokes please) 

3 minutes ago, publandlord said:

the record attendance was at Ninian park ccfc v city april 1947 49,310  according to 11v11 although I have seen 51000 quoted elsewhere  when they played the gas in the same season only  28699 turned up at Cardiff   (no locked out jokes please) 

Ah. Misread the other post - thought it was alluding to our record attendance.

On 27/12/2018 at 19:19, GasDestroyer said:

I’ve got huge respect for Sunderland fans....but to add some balance to your ‘prawn sandwich brigade’ comment.....their executive boxes are sold out for home games for the rest of this season....

On 27/12/2018 at 08:22, BobBobSuperBob said:

Uhmmmmmm

Absolutely spot on.

I seem to remember 25-27k crowds last season when they were losing most weeks in the Championship.

Football fans will turn up and watch a competitive, winning team irrespective of level or opposition. All clubs are the same, including us. It always makes me laugh when you hear Rovers fans saying “would you get 8k in Non League?”...yeah, we’ll its easy to turn up and fill your ground when you’re winning every week but start doing shit in a higher division and all of a sudden those crowds get smaller.

Sunderland are probably getting better crowds for some games this year than they were at times in the Prem.

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve got huge respect for Sunderland fans....but to add some balance to your ‘prawn sandwich brigade’ comment.....their executive boxes are sold out for home games for the rest of this season....

To add further balance, you could hear a pin drop in the exec boxes down AG most games. At SOL there exec boxes are raucous, noisy and actually quite good fun. From experience .....

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Absolutely spot on.

I seem to remember 25-27k crowds last season when they were losing most weeks in the Championship.

Football fans will turn up and watch a competitive, winning team irrespective of level or opposition. All clubs are the same, including us. It always makes me laugh when you hear Rovers fans saying “would you get 8k in Non League?”...yeah, we’ll its easy to turn up and fill your ground when you’re winning every week but start doing shit in a higher division and all of a sudden those crowds get smaller.

Sunderland are probably getting better crowds for some games this year than they were at times in the Prem.

Rovers went up in 89/90 and had an average attendance of 6,209 (wow).

They had the following three seasons in the second tier and each one of them was under 6k as they were shite. ?

Great support..........not.

Archived