IGNORED

That 70 Minute Mark

LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

4 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Why does LJ always decide that this is the time to make an impact off the bench. Those 90th minute subs do my head in too. 

It's getting rather like rugby union, where the subs are often predetermined, regardless of the state of the game.

3 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Agreed...Pack had a mare of a game and Kelly wasn’t much better today IMO . 

I thought Pack played well? I'm rather optimistic after today. I know it was a great watch but its a solid point against a team that I've seen home & away for the last two seasons & every time they have completely outplayed us.

4 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Agreed...Pack had a mare of a game and Kelly wasn’t much better today IMO . 

Kelly had a nightmare from the first few clearances. His composure is often his downfall when urgency is required. I like pack I thought he played well first half hour but when a team press high he often gets caught on the ball. He sees the pass but just can execute consistently enough.

1 hour ago, Jcolebristol said:

I thought Pack played well? I'm rather optimistic after today. I know it was a great watch but its a solid point against a team that I've seen home & away for the last two seasons & every time they have completely outplayed us.

That’s not because we’ve improved, that’s because they lost Smith and replaced him with a Danish shithouse that is out of his depth.

1 hour ago, Jcolebristol said:

That’s not because we’ve improved, that’s because they lost Smith and replaced him with a Danish shithouse that is out of his depth.

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Taylor and Weimann are both not good enough for this level I am afraid

Well Diedhou is not suited for what he was bought to do, and he is pretty much nailed on for 90 minutes every week.

Marlon did jack squat positive today and until Pisano scored we played most of the half like we were trying to avoid him ?

2 hours ago, Jcolebristol said:

Seriously?

I'm a Pack fan but I thought he was abysmal today. 

We played into their hands today by trying to play too much football too deep in our own half, when any mistake from their high press immediately put us in trouble. Kelly had a poor game by his high standards and Da Silva deserved his chance. 

Our major problem is that we are so ponderous going forward. When we break, we only go so far forward before passing back. Plus if I was to sum up "our identity" it would be "possession for possession's sake"!

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Taylor and Weimann are both not good enough for this level I am afraid

I don’t agree with that statement where Weimann is concerned....he made well over 100 premier league appearances for Villa and he’s never played below Championship level for Watford, Derby and Wolves - easily good enough for this level....needs to play for the right manager to be used effectively.....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t agree with that statement where Weimann is concerned....he made well over 100 premier league appearances for Villa and he’s never played below Championship level for Watford, Derby and Wolves - easily good enough for this level....needs to play for the right manager to be used effectively.....

Weimann seems the favourite for blame - a victim to others failings  IMHO

Good pro and decent footballer with a footballers brain   , and better than most we’ve got 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Weimann seems the favourite for blame - a victim to others failings  IMHO

Good pro and decent footballer with a footballers brain   , and better than most we’ve got 

Quite a few times listening to radio commentary I’ve heard “Weimann in space / good position, but ignored” type stuff.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Quite a few times listening to radio commentary I’ve heard “Weimann in space / good position, but ignored” type stuff.

No one seems to have mentioned when his full back jumped in and he flicked it round him And burst clear down the right (Clas class class)

or the brilliant pinpoint cross executed first time on the half volley to find............Famara.....on his heels 

Victim of our set up

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was free many times today and many times this season during games. It’s almost as if they don’t like passing to him which is a shame. He has the experience in this level and above which needs to be used. Think everyone forgets he’s scored 5 in 5 at the start of this season!

5 hours ago, Jcolebristol said:

Are you serious? He was not very good, he was awful. Along with several others.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Agree with others on here that Weimann frequently offers to make incisive runs forward only to be ignored 9 times out of 10, and instead for us to waste it in a ponderous round of you-to-me side-to-side passing in midfield. He must have the patience of a saint because I would be "doing my nut" at the lack of vision from my team mates if it were me!

To talk about people or the whole side not being good enough when we're 12th- don't get it. Sure some didn't play so well today however a draw was not such an unlikely result, I believed it would be such.

Brentford are a lower midtable side albeit have fallen from higher, we are a mistakable side and things are panning out about what I expected. Expected 4 points from these 2 as likely and if we beat Rotherham- which we should- it's about on par.

@Dr Balls It's long been a problem for us. I remember in League One in varying seasons in the 2000's, we would pass, pass, pass- usually at the back...then HOOF. Or just lose it- but worse than that the slow passing which I thought had taken a bit of a step back after recent games, enables the opposition to funnel into position and block the space.

Regardless of the "who is good and who is shit" debate (and in my book none of the starting line-up are shit) we have to say that the OP is spot-on and Johnson leaves making subs until far too late in tbe match for them to tell .

Taylor did make a difference, but by the time he got on the pitch it was the 77th minute. Asking a lot for the guy to turn the whole match in 16 minutes.

Brentford had already signalled their intent to defend the point when they subbed Watkins for Judge.  That should have been our cue to bring on fresh legs and go all out attacking.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Weimann, Eliasson, Fammy,  make a lot of runs into space that go unnoticed, our attacks are so slow, pass sideways or pass back they’re ignored, no wonder they’ve given up on they’re movement when we’re in possession, Pack is so slow when in possession or wants to take an extra touch everything is slowed down. 

Archived