IGNORED

Why can't LJ play Eliasson and O'Dowda in the same team?

marcofisher

2 minutes ago, redpole said:

Brentford are not the team to play 2 wingers against? They don’t dominate games anymore they are a different team now smith has gone to Villa. Been calling for these 2 to play together all season. They are most attacking creative wingers we have at club. If he wants to play someone behind Famara then switch it between weinmann and Pato and if we need a goal then chuck on a striker in there place. Boom!!

Wouldn't be so sure- no they are not the same side as they were under Smith but actually (maybe at home more so) they do control the ball most weeks.

Yesterday- 49.3%, Bolton (H) 58.6%, Hull (A) 71.6%, Swansea (H) 62.6%. WBA (A) 44.9%, Sheff Utd (H) 65.8%, Middlesborough (H) 67.7%, QPR (A) 58.9%, Millwall (H) 62%, Norwich (A) 52.7%, Preston (A) 59.8% and finally us at home 51%. Average? Quite a bit over 50%, and overall it's about 58.74%.

However if we had a bona fide '3' in central midfield, then I think we could play both Eliasson and O'Dowda- especially at home.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think playing our two wide men as out and out wingers makes it easier to defend against.  Imagine O’Dowda being able to float around as a left forward instead of hugging the touch-line?

ODowda could cause serious problems, love it when he runs at the defence and can go either way. One thing I would add though, yesterday he was in space wide and waiting for the ball. One thing he needs is early ball, give him chance to run at the defence before it's set. I'd like to see him instead of Pato, I think he would be more effective.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

How would you know if it was a ‘blip’ or not? Nobody does, seem to remember lots of Derby fans on social media shocked at how well he started with us. Until LJ bought Fammy back into the first 11 Wiemann was doing exceptionally well and should of stayed put but LJ has moved him to various positions and his form has dipped massively, winger or attacking midfielder he is not, play him central and he will score, sadly it won’t happen. @nickolas

Agree , if Fam has to play I'd give Weimann a free role. He has to be one of the hardest working players I've seen, he has a bit pace , makes good runs and is unselfish. He might be what we need in a player to run beyond Fam. It may require a return to nearer a 442, but , specially at home Fam needs support, and we need more cutting edge.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

How would you know if it was a ‘blip’ or not? Nobody does, seem to remember lots of Derby fans on social media shocked at how well he started with us. Until LJ bought Fammy back into the first 11 Wiemann was doing exceptionally well and should of stayed put but LJ has moved him to various positions and his form has dipped massively, winger or attacking midfielder he is not, play him central and he will score, sadly it won’t happen. @nickolas

No. Not for me. 

Another expensive flop on the cards i think ( wages ). 

But hey, forums are for opinions and i’d love him to better my opinion as that will help the team!

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

ODowda could cause serious problems, love it when he runs at the defence and can go either way. One thing I would add though, yesterday he was in space wide and waiting for the ball. One thing he needs is early ball, give him chance to run at the defence before it's set. I'd like to see him instead of Pato, I think he would be more effective.

Agree , if Fam has to play I'd give Weimann a free role. He has to be one of the hardest working players I've seen, he has a bit pace , makes good runs and is unselfish. He might be what we need in a player to run beyond Fam. It may require a return to nearer a 442, but , specially at home Fam needs support, and we need more cutting edge.

Totally agree he needs the ball quicker at wide that goes for both sides. As much as I love pack, I think he slows things down for us when we want to break at speed. I love pack and he can keep the ball and pass it like no other at the club, however in my opinion I think he does get rid of the ball the quickest. I want us to sign a player who can break at pace and spot a pass. 

Weiman scored his goals when FM was banned, LJ adjusted to bring FM back in meaning weiman had to play out of position. Callum or Elliason had to be benched to bring Pato in, who in the main gives us nothing other than exciting jinking runs toward goal usually followed by a misplaced pass and then when the opposition press they start that press through the area where Pato is, full knowing they will not be realistically challenged! It happens so much every team we meet will be told that he is ineffective!

All of which give us a big problem, FM without service may as well stay home and LJs selection prevents that service!

Well, England managers and pundits didn’t think Lampard and Gerrard could play in the same team...why the hell not?! They were both brilliant, intelligent players.....the indecision at that time was the reason Scholes retired from international football cos he was shoved out wide and got fed up with it....we mucked around the player that Pele called the best English player of his generation.....

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, England managers and pundits didn’t think Lampard and Gerrard could play in the same team...why the hell not?! They were both brilliant, intelligent players.....the indecision at that time was the reason Scholes retired from international football cos he was shoved out wide and got fed up with it....we mucked around the player that Pele called the best English player of his generation.....

Pele says a lot of things. 

Archived