IGNORED

Neale Maupay

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Great Finish.

But what an absolute cheating arsehole of a player. Was it three or four dives to go with the handball? Then remember his stamp at Villa earlier this year.

Football ability alone would love him here. Personality wise though, just no.

Incredibly lucky not to be sent off at the game at gp earlier on in the season. 

Absolute pr1ck but he regularly gets away with it

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Great Finish.

But what an absolute cheating arsehole of a player. Was it three or four dives to go with the handball? Then remember his stamp at Villa earlier this year.

Cheating little ***** and thoroughly dislikeable

but

As you say , good player , his movement and awareness very good

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Great Finish.

Nasty, horrible cynical bugger but just what we need. I'd have him here any day. Knows where the goal is too. 

He's one of those players you absolutely detest but would love if he was in our red and white.

9 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Would be nice for us to have some unlikeable characters, rather than our nice little footballers!!

too soft. Too nice. 

You win nothing by being nice im afraid!!

That’s not the type of brand Bristol sport want!! Probably one of the reasons why warnock has and will never manage this club.

20 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Would be nice for us to have some unlikeable characters, rather than our nice little footballers!!

too soft. Too nice. 

Nothing wrong with having unlikeable characters. I’d guess most opposing fans hate Matty Taylor as he’s a niggly git who winds people up.

However, there’s a difference between that and throwing yourself to the ground four times in twenty minutes, deliberate handballs and blatant stamps. That is, plain and simple, cheating.

(On a related subject, I’ve always thought a deliberate handball to score or a dive to win a pen should be a red card. If a defender can get a red for stopping a blatant goal scoring opportunity, then a striker should get a red for cheating to get a blatant scoring opportunity)

Not sure if Maupay is like that every game. Maybe he's just got a thing about us, particularly as he seemed to get very agitated at the end of the Griffin Park encounter earlier in the season. Wasn't it Hunt winding him up at the final whistle?

That said I wouldn't be unhappy to see him in our squad...

40 minutes ago, nickolas said:

too soft. Too nice. 

Completely. Championship top scorer with 15 goals and 6 assists (we don’t have anyone anywhere near the list) and a firey bloke who gets stuck in and seems to give a shit for his teammates and wants to win.  What I’d give for an ‘unlikeable character’  like that in our team indeed! 

56 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Cheating little ***** and thoroughly dislikeable

but

As you say , good player , his movement and awareness very good

Thought he was class the same as pukki last week. A class above anything we have in terms of movement.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Great Finish.

Love everthing about him , the exact type we need .....

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Great Finish.

I’d take him in a heartbeat. A proper footballer compared to some of the tripe we have 

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hear, hear.

Him and that Luke Ayling, not going to make Bristol prowed them two, what with their cheating - perish the thought! - and dingling their dangle out at the gee-gees and drinking filthy lager and that.

Might make Bristol hard to beat, or even premier league, but I think we are better than these two.

14 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Been saying for years we're far too nice,apart from Taylor and Pisano at times. You'd be hard pressed to name a City nasty bastard XI from the last 30 years-Hartley for starters?

I think last 30 years wouldn't be too difficult.... You had Robbie Turner's elbows to start with. Bob Taylor was no weakling, Galliers loved a tackle and although Dave Martin was crap, he was one horrible git( same for Martin Kuhl) . Shaun Taylor hard as nails. Even Brooker, Orr, Brown and Partridge could put up a fight! 

The last 10/15 years is a different story. But then not many players built like that anymore 

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

too soft. Too nice. 

Based on posts and comments I've see and heard, we do have some particularly unlikeable characters - Messrs Johnson and Ashton.

3 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

I think last 30 years wouldn't be too difficult.... You had Robbie Turner's elbows to start with. Bob Taylor was no weakling, Galliers loved a tackle and although Dave Martin was crap, he was one horrible git( same for Martin Kuhl) . Shaun Taylor hard as nails. Even Brooker, Orr, Brown and Partridge could put up a fight! 

The last 10/15 years is a different story. But then not many players built like that anymore 

Yes some 'characters' there no doubt but going back a bit further I reckon Mick Harford would have taken them all to school!

20 hours ago, BS3City said:

Not sure if Maupay is like that every game. Maybe he's just got a thing about us, particularly as he seemed to get very agitated at the end of the Griffin Park encounter earlier in the season. Wasn't it Hunt winding him up at the final whistle?

That said I wouldn't be unhappy to see him in our squad...

I think you’ll find that he is .

One of the top 3 players in this league imo.  Don’t care if he dives, that will win games and earn draws over the course of the season, it’s part of the game now. He was one of the players I wanted us to get at the beginning of last season but that boat has well and truly sailed now unless we get promoted. Another hidden gem from France, I sincerely hope we go back and have a look over the summer, plenty of great wide players and strikers in our price range we could snap up.  

Archived