IGNORED

Has Matty Taylor ever had a chance?

Fordy62

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Right now O'Dowda should be playing where Paterson is. Eliasson should be playing where O'Dowda is.

When Smith/Walsh are back fit I'd like to see Brownhill or Walsh further forward.

That would enable Eliasson and O’Dowda to both play.

Having said that I do think Paterson has been decent enough of late (wasn’t there today).  Think it might be Weimann who needs a rest, his contributions are less and less.

Read a few comments on other threads that no-one broke past Diedhiou today.  As a defender, if no-one ever makes runs past you, then you can go as high and tight as you like, and squeeze the play.  Sounds like that is what happened today?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That would enable Eliasson and O’Dowda to both play.

Having said that I do think Paterson has been decent enough of late (wasn’t there today).  Think it might be Weimann who needs a rest, his contributions are less and less.

Read a few comments on other threads that no-one broke past Diedhiou today.  As a defender, if no-one ever makes runs past you, then you can go as high and tight as you like, and squeeze the play.  Sounds like that is what happened today?

Have you seen my post about this Dave

When do we ever get past FD

zero threat in behind and exactly as you said , Brentford pressed to centre circle for long periods, as others have done , and anyone would

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t disagree with you Shtanley

With the current 4-1-4-1 we are playing I also think COD would provide more of a threat than JP in supporting, or runnin* beyond FD

I also think if Korey was back , in the current formation , JB would provide an interesting option in Patos current role

Problem with Pato , If he isn’t providing assists or goals, then ....... ??     he’s a passenger when the opposition have the ball

Great technically, and would look much better in a much better side than dominate play, but for us , a connumndrum 

Agree with bolded, think JB would flourish in all honesty.

Pato has been working a lot harder recently to be fair but has zero defensive capabilities.

Only worry with COD playing in Pato's current role is I'm unsure about his passing range, not sure I've seen him ever switch the ball etc.

I think Weimann and Pato being swapped out for 2 consistent performers would make us a very decent side. 

Either they'll come in January or more likely as Johnson said "from within", Adelakun and COD could be those 2. 

Adelakun COD Eliasson

Diedhiou

or

Eliasson Brownhill COD

Diedhiou

10 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Agree with bolded, think JB would flourish in all honesty.

Pato has been working a lot harder recently to be fair but has zero defensive capabilities.

Only worry with COD playing in Pato's current role is I'm unsure about his passing range, not sure I've seen him ever switch the ball etc.

I think Weimann and Pato being swapped out for 2 consistent performers would make us a very decent side. 

Either they'll come in January or more likely as Johnson said "from within", Adelakun and COD could be those 2. 

Adelakun COD Eliasson

Diedhiou

or

Eliasson Brownhill COD

Diedhiou

In your second team, Brownhill has got to be the player to run beyond Fam.  Is COD the sort of player to make those runs?  I think he likes to run with the ball too much to be an unselfish runner.

If LJ had the balls to keep Fam as a hole player no bugger would NEED to run past him. Keep CoD and Nico on the wings and have Marlon split time with Brownhill in the true midfield or move Brownhill up front and cycle between him, Weimann and Taylor. 

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m not saying he’s the answer to all our prayers, I’m really not. But has he ever been given a prolonged run in the starting eleven?

Weimann has and Paterson can do no wrong In LJ’s eyes, despite being our worst player over the course of the last 12 months. 

Hes had a tough time with injury, but I’m not sure he’s been afforded the chance that others have. 

Can he be considered unlucky and given our dire performances (yep - I said performances, not results), should he be given a chance? Can’t do much worse going forward at the moment. 

He's had plenty of chances... he just keeps missing them! :laughcont:

I do think he's actually one of our better players interms of clever play. Just a shame that he doesn't seem to have goals in him at this level...

13 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Has the poster of this thread been to any of the past 6 games when Pato has been playing well, against good defences, good teams and been offering good service as well as scoring? 

Hard to imagine some people on here are not just trouble-stirring folk who don't want to write nor read good news story about our side. 

Imagine if we were on a run of 6 games without a win!! 

Know what?

I’d rather see a run of 6 defeats if we played well, with some passion and it was entertaining and exciting.

Go all out and get **** all is far better than a shit performance, 1-0 victories against teams that are ever so slightly shitter than you and getting really bored.

Each to their own. If you like the latter you’ll be having a feast under the current set up. 

I think Taylor will be off before he has ever really established himself here, which will be a shame. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moves in the next few weeks.

I really wanted Diedhiou to be subbed yesterday to pair Matty with Weimann again. I just don’t see much understanding between Diedhiou and Weimann, Taylor and Weimann at least had something. It could spark Weimann into finding the net again too. Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think Taylor will be off before he has ever really established himself here, which will be a shame. I wouldn’t be surprised if he moves in the next few weeks.

I really wanted Diedhiou to be subbed yesterday to pair Matty with Weimann again. I just don’t see much understanding between Diedhiou and Weimann, Taylor and Weimann at least had something. It could spark Weimann into finding the net again too. Thoughts?

Weimann isn't a winger, that's why he is offering the square root of f all.

Have he had his chance ? Yes .

Have he produced enough quality and goals at this level , enough for us to kick on as a team and challenge in the top half then my opinion is no.

He is a top professional who also gives his best , never lets the team and is a decent squad player.

Weimann must have been p____d off yesterday, when he had been stuck on the wing for 80

minutes (not his position and not his best position to help the team) and then LJ brings on

Matt Taylor to play down the middle and moves Pato out on to the wing, because we need

another man up front.

Weimann is absolutely wasted on the wing but hey ho.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

Have he had his chance ? Yes .

Have he produced enough quality and goals at this level , enough for us to kick on as a team and challenge in the top half then my opinion is no.

He is a top professional who also gives his best , never lets the team and is a decent squad player.

Ditto Weimann and O'Dowda

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I was hoping to see Eisa come on for Diedhiou for the last half an hour, Famara at that point had shown he was not going to get anything against the Brentford defence, maybe something different was needed. We are not scoring yet still not at least trying our £1.7 million signing. 

All_time_stats_Mohamed_Eisa_-_2018-12-27_13.27.45.png

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Agree with a few others saying Taylor has already had enough chances and missed most of them.

Move him on to a L1 club who might pay decent money in Jan and get a proper goal scorer in. Easy to say but not easy to find a gem on our budget. We know already for sure that MT wasn't it though.

League 1 club unlikely to pay his wages, he’ll just stop here and go for nothing in the summer.

From what I’ve seem he offers more than Weinman but as we know LJ has his irrational favourites. E.g. Patterson, Weinman.   

Archived