IGNORED

Entertainment Value

Super

Norwich game = 8/10

Today's = 2

In general , at home 4/10 ish

So frustrating.

And BTW, this "run" is only a decent one IF we win Saturday.

Lose or draw, and the last 5 or 6 looks like a bit of a crap run

Massive game now

Not knocking LJ, moaning, being devastated etc etc   just pointing out the facts

3 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Was going to go today and Rotherham. Chose to stay away today. Glad I didn't waste £35. Hopefully Rotherham is better. 

Can see it now, "They sat in and made it hard for us....

No , go for the throat, ENTERTAIN and let's see what we know we are capable of AT HOME

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

No one minds playing shit occasionally and winning, no one minds playing shot occasionally and getting spanked, so long as it looks like you’re trying to play football. 

But we’re not. And it’s become loathsome. 6 unbeaten and I couldn’t give a shit. 

You really are an ungrateful b astard, aren't you Fordy?

2 shots on target you got today, what do you want 3 or something?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I've just seen his comments about today's match.

He really hasn't a clue! For the money spent on players over the last three years, it's worse than Millen, McInnes and O'Driscoll.

If you think back it really isn't, we're not threatening relegation under LJ and O'Driscoll had us challenging for a spot in league 2!

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

From the summer, memory is generally a large majority said mid table would be fine after selling the trio, now we're in that scenario and its no longer good enough.

Ahhh, but it’s the manner of play. 

I think we’re a little fortuitous to be where we are playing the way we are. If we carry on playing the way we have been i’m Not convinced we’ll stay mid table. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

From the summer, memory is generally a large majority said mid table would be fine after selling the trio, now we're in that scenario and its no longer good enough.

I’m comfortable with mid table but at some point the q has to come , is LJ capable of producing something better than this 

3 years in , Do we really yet have a cohesive playing plan that is in line with plannned recruitment ?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I think we’re a little fortuitous to be where we are playing the way we are. If we carry on playing the way we have been i’m Not convinced we’ll stay mid table. 

Really hope people hold our next manager to needing to have both the manner of play and results to not get hounded.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m comfortable with mid table but at some point the q has to come , is LJ capable of producing something better than this 

3 years in , Do we really yet have a cohesive playing plan that is in line with plannned recruitment ?

Do 90% of teams in this division? Generally the answer would seem to be no

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Does it matter to you or is it all about the result? Have been bored at so many home games this season we really have been poor to watch at times. Seems a few are starting to stay away and you really can't blame them. 

Like father, like son.

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Do 90% of teams in this division? Generally the answer would seem to be no

Then why does LJ so often talk about one?

No excuses today, totally winnable game but the boss couldn't come up with the answer to the problem of winning

and not for the first time

I noticed today a lot of people were slow to get back to their seats when the 2nd half kicked off. I honestly believe most people now go for the social outing rather than the football. Even when we score now, there is no spark or energy. Just a small “yes” cheer and that’s it. 

2 hours ago, Super said:

Does it matter to you or is it all about the result? Have been bored at so many home games this season we really have been poor to watch at times. Seems a few are starting to stay away and you really can't blame them. 

I can honestly say in 25 years of having a season ticket....this is by far the most detached I've ever felt from the club. I can honestly say I've never felt to dis-interested and bored 

Sounds ridiculous really as we are in the healthiest state we have been in in the last 25 years. So it doesn't make sense....

Just everything about the football and the whole match day experience at Ashton Gate is dire these days

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Can't agree- smacks a bit of midtable season and midtable or a bit below is probably where we'll finish.

Brentford have had a tough period but still have good players- why would people think today would be some kind of home banker? That's before we even consider our (general) record v Brentford down the years.

@BobBobSuperBob The one good thing that could come out of a tad frustrating midtable season is LJ putting it firmly in place, starting planning for the next year or 2 ahead from about March say if we're basically safe. However- whether he will put that time to the most productive use- I have my doubts on that score. Wouldn't mind a 4-3-3 with O'Dowda and Eliasson wide and Walsh in a midfield 3 personally- Brownhill and Pack yes and then one of Walsh and Smith depending on opposition and circumstances- I hope it gets a proper run if it is to be a midtable season.

3 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

I noticed today a lot of people were slow to get back to their seats when the 2nd half kicked off. I honestly believe most people now go for the social outing rather than the football. Even when we score now, there is no spark or energy. Just a small “yes” cheer and that’s it. 

Do you blame them to be fair RW? It wasn't exactly stimulating let alone 'edge of the seat' stuff. No offence meant. 

I'm not going to go into 'anti LJ' mode, regular readers know my thoughts but where on earth are we, as a club, going? Rebuild every year? Tread water? Become the new Ipswich / boring mid table Championship club (yes, I know they would love to be that this season)? Is that enough?

Fans will drift away and as the club hierarchy fought so hard to get us our highest attendances / support in years, it's a huge mistake IMHO. Something has to change to reignite that spark or people will vote with their feet / money. 

Essentially, it's BORING!!! 

Have been a year on year season ticket holder in the Dolman since 1986, the year of the Freight Rover Trophy win at Wembley beating Bolton Wanderers 3-0.

I am completely bored to death at games now and have been for quite a while. Honestly don’t think I’ll renew next season. Considered not renewing this season, but eventually gave LJ and co. another season in hope something would change and I’d get £499 worth of entertainment.

The talk of fast, expansive, attacking football has either been bullshit, or, it’s my fault for not being easily impressed.  Either way maybe I’ll give it a break until LJ has gone (if he ever does in my lifetime [I am in my 60’s]).

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

No one minds playing shit occasionally and winning, no one minds playing shot occasionally and getting spanked, so long as it looks like you’re trying to play football. 

But we’re not. And it’s become loathsome. 6 unbeaten and I couldn’t give a shit. 

.....always thought WMP were that way inclined. Pervs..........?

Archived