IGNORED

Entertainment Value

Super

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Quite right. I stayed loyal throughout despite the boring and drab stuff served up by Senior.

1 couldn’t not renew......  CTID.

Now some posters are whinging about the exact same thing under Junior..............:cool2:

I don't see 'whinging' WTGR Robbored, more people's frustrations with how things are currently and being prepared to think about not renewing. myself included TBH.

It IS a fan's discussion forum after all. 

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't see 'whinging' WTGR Robbored, more people's frustrations with how things are currently and being prepared to think about not renewing. myself included TBH.

It IS a fan's discussion forum after all. 

Not to some in their glass houses Ska, disagree and you're cast as a non supporter by some on here, 60 years of following them through good and bad  not enough Maltshoveller ?

4 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Not to some in their glass houses Ska, disagree and you're cast as a non supporter by some on here, 60 years of following them through good and bad  not enough Maltshoveller ?

I wouldn't worry too much OSR. If people have a different opinion to the majority, or the minority for that matter, they should be able to voice it on here without personal criticism. Personally, I take name calling and 'superfan' stuff as childish jibes and the actions of someone losing a debate. By all means criticise the content of a post but the personal stuff is bang out of order IMO.  As for the 'superfan' stuff, absolutely laughable.

Here's to a healthy and successful 2019 for everyone eh! 

I agree that our style of football is creating little entertainment or excitement. Yesterday was a fairly typical home performance, encapsulated by one incident in the first half: we got into an attacking position with space on the left, but then opted to pass back quite a long way into our own half and dicked about with the ball until we gave it away, thereby presenting them with a chance. There were also the predictable subs on 70 mins and then again right near the end when it always feels too late for the player to make an impact.

It's noticeable that there have been a few gaps around the ground as ST holders stay away. My kids both have season tickets but haven't wanted to go to the last few games. 

5 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

So would I. See us relegated if this is what it’s going to be like week in week out. And let’s be honest. It’s been like this now for nearly 12 months.

I’m thinking that if this is what the future holds then it ain’t rosy. Ok if you want “an experience” but not if you want to see real football.

I well remember the days of TC and JJ - and JJ waving his arms as if he meant it - unlike the heroes of today. 

I lost count of how many mascots were announced before the game yesterday but I reckon most of them might have even got a game.

Relegation and rebuild might well be something that kicks BCFC into what it could so easily have been earlier this year.

That was the period from Coppell's walkout to O'Driscoll and the relegation confirmed in 2013. Then O'Driscoll in the third tier before Cotts eventually got us going again.

We don't need another so soon- definitely not. That was our relegation and rebuild.

Having supported City since I was a kid, watching as a season ticket holder for a few years back when I was 16, myself and 3 friends took on season tickets last season. Partly to do with the fact we’ve all packed in playing and you see many familiar faces from the local circuit who’ve done the same. Whilst I appreciate the ups and downs of a football fan, the four of us will save our cash next year. The entertainment or lack of it provided on the pitch, which usually puts us all in full blown moan mode on our Saturday evening has become tiresome. No doubt we’ll take in a few games next year as POTD but I cannot justify the 400+ notes to watch one bloke isolated up top, wingers who play inside or fail to hit the byline when given the opportunity to go outside their man or the slow tedious possession focussed crap in our own third. 

I’m wondering how many half ST’s we sold, last season we were obviously boosted by the lure of ManU tickets. Yesterday would have been the first game for this seasons half tickets, doubt they would have been impressed...and no glam cup game ( sorry Huddersfield) yet.

30 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think 11,000 season ticket sales will be optimistic for next season if we carry on playing like we did yesterday, go on then you tell me how many you think we will sell.

Would be interesting to know the breakdown of full paying adult SC holders and discounted / free ones, e.g. Kids.

...and then the breakdown of usage per game.

31 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think 11,000 season ticket sales will be optimistic for next season if we carry on playing like we did yesterday, go on then you tell me how many you think we will sell.

Unlike some, I don’t actually have a crystal ball but even if I did I wouldn’t use it  with 22 games still to go.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unlike some, I don’t actually have a crystal ball but even if I did I wouldn’t use it  with 22 games still to go.

Renewals, well the early bird offers, tend to be relatively early in to the new year don't they? I would have thought most renewals happen well before the end of a season. 

6 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I will be very interested to see how many tickets are sold for the Huddersfield game. Might be a gauge of how the wider fanbase really feels atm.

Normally an FA Cup tie at AG against a Prem team would be something I would be excited about. After yesterday there is no way I will be going. Take away the 15k who get counted regardless and see how many we can sell playing like this!

Let's be honest here.....

Classing Huddersfield as a Premiership team is almost the same as classing Katie Price as a supermodel 

It may act like it, and appear to be one....but it's not 

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nearly 7000 ST holders not appearing for Norwich game wasn’t just down to Sky or a tea time kick off !

Me personally, I guess results or points are my priority 

Seeing so little intent or attacking plan is extremely frustrating and very tedious right now though.

Surprised if it was quite as high as that, but definitely was down- and as you say not just because of the reasons you state. 5,000 perhaps?

On that note, does anyone know our exact ST sales this season?

The other thing on that note- cannot now find and dunno if anyone else can find it, the link that used to show a selection of actual attendances on Bristol Sport site.

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

notice I said IF we carry on playing like yesterday, obviously if we have a storming end of season, by the way it was you using a crystal ball by stating when somebody said about low ticket sales you said it wouldn't happen, how do you know? 

17 minutes ago, pillred said:

notice I said IF we carry on playing like yesterday, obviously if we have a storming end of season, by the way it was you using a crystal ball by stating when somebody said about low ticket sales you said it wouldn't happen, how do you know? 

They’re aren’t that many fairweather fans.

19 hours ago, italian dave said:

Try going away....far better this season!

My daughter lives away and so I now probably attend more away than home as I combine it with a visit up north.

I have been to some great games and some poor. The atmosphere seems better but that might be because without a ST I can only get tickets in the Lansdown which has a great view but poor atmosphere.

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surprised if it was quite as high as that, but definitely was down- and as you say not just because of the reasons you state. 5,000 perhaps?

The other thing on that note- cannot now find and dunno if anyone else can find it, the link that used to show a selection of actual attendances on Bristol Sport site.

I’m sure our SLO can assist 

Matt?

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm foggy on that and usually take note.

Was a final figure ever announced?

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

It was a dreadful game, and both teams looked poor. They just happened to be s lot worse on the day 

Poor game. But we showed a fighting spirit to come through. Which we've lacked in recent years. 

Football isn't consistently great at the moment. But we're doing alright mate. I don't think it needs the hysteria that I'm currently seeing on here and other platforms!

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

The points above reflects exactly my views on Senior and I get pretty much persistent flak for holding that view and now certain posters are saying the same about the drab play served up by LJ................are football fans fickle or what?.....

Some fans can be just as boring and predictable as the football...

.....mentioning no names of course.

Perhaps attendances will drop over the next 2 or 3 years. If this happens this will probably be the prelude to a couple of seasons of struggle followed by relegation. Th club will then consistently finish in the top 7 of the league below , our “fans” will happy because the team is winning ( against poorer opposition) , and attendances will rise again prior to a push for promotion.

It is a pattern which has been repeated many times over the decades. This suggests that , at least, some of our support is happier watching a team nearer the top of the division below rather than being in the middle of the division we are currently in.

This would explain why we have only played 4 seasons in the top division in more than 100 years which , of course, is by far the worst record for the major team in any city of a similar size in Europe.

I accept, of course, that everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint, however, some people posting on here have stated that they want us to be relegated. Their views are of no merit and they should ignored , and, in my view, banned from returning to Ashton Gate when the good days come around for either being Gasheads or behaving as if they were Gasheads. 

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Some fans can be just as boring and predictable as the football...

.....mentioning no names of course.

I feel I’m getting my own back RLL........all the shit I’ve taken over years because of my criticism of GJs dreary and drab football is now being aimed at LJ by those who’ve criticised me...........irony I call it.........

I have been watching City for 60 years & have missed less than 10 home games in that time. I find going to football is a bit like going to church, break the habit & you don't go back. For Lee Johnson to say we played well against Brentford is an insult to us all. Tomorrow will be the third home league match this season I have missed through choice & at this point I can't see me or my fsmily renewing our season tickets. Whilst I would like us to.win every game I know that is very unlikely but I  do expect some entertainment.

Convinced me neighbor not to bother tomorrow as he will be wasting his money as the products not very good . He made a good argument its about the day , meeting up with his mates and having a few beers , getting out and finishing off his Christmas!!

Surley he can’t wait to watch our slick football !!

On 27/12/2018 at 01:48, BristolNorthEndRed said:

Have been a year on year season ticket holder in the Dolman since 1986, the year of the Freight Rover Trophy win at Wembley beating Bolton Wanderers 3-0.

I am completely bored to death at games now and have been for quite a while. Honestly don’t think I’ll renew next season. Considered not renewing this season, but eventually gave LJ and co. another season in hope something would change and I’d get £499 worth of entertainment.

The talk of fast, expansive, attacking football has either been bullshit, or, it’s my fault for not being easily impressed.  Either way maybe I’ll give it a break until LJ has gone (if he ever does in my lifetime [I am in my 60’s]).

Alarm bells were ringing as soon as they had the pitch narrowed. A move I still can’t get my head around when the emphasis is on us as the home team to break teams down, and especially now when we’re not good/clever enough to play through the middle since Bobby left. 

Archived