Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Super

Entertainment Value

31 minutes ago, pillred said:

I think 11,000 season ticket sales will be optimistic for next season if we carry on playing like we did yesterday, go on then you tell me how many you think we will sell.

Unlike some, I don’t actually have a crystal ball but even if I did I wouldn’t use it  with 22 games still to go.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unlike some, I don’t actually have a crystal ball but even if I did I wouldn’t use it  with 22 games still to go.

Renewals, well the early bird offers, tend to be relatively early in to the new year don't they? I would have thought most renewals happen well before the end of a season. 

6 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I will be very interested to see how many tickets are sold for the Huddersfield game. Might be a gauge of how the wider fanbase really feels atm.

Normally an FA Cup tie at AG against a Prem team would be something I would be excited about. After yesterday there is no way I will be going. Take away the 15k who get counted regardless and see how many we can sell playing like this!

Let's be honest here.....

Classing Huddersfield as a Premiership team is almost the same as classing Katie Price as a supermodel 

It may act like it, and appear to be one....but it's not 

19 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nearly 7000 ST holders not appearing for Norwich game wasn’t just down to Sky or a tea time kick off !

Me personally, I guess results or points are my priority 

Seeing so little intent or attacking plan is extremely frustrating and very tedious right now though.

Surprised if it was quite as high as that, but definitely was down- and as you say not just because of the reasons you state. 5,000 perhaps?

On that note, does anyone know our exact ST sales this season?

The other thing on that note- cannot now find and dunno if anyone else can find it, the link that used to show a selection of actual attendances on Bristol Sport site.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

notice I said IF we carry on playing like yesterday, obviously if we have a storming end of season, by the way it was you using a crystal ball by stating when somebody said about low ticket sales you said it wouldn't happen, how do you know? 

17 minutes ago, pillred said:

notice I said IF we carry on playing like yesterday, obviously if we have a storming end of season, by the way it was you using a crystal ball by stating when somebody said about low ticket sales you said it wouldn't happen, how do you know? 

They’re aren’t that many fairweather fans.

19 hours ago, italian dave said:

Try going away....far better this season!

My daughter lives away and so I now probably attend more away than home as I combine it with a visit up north.

I have been to some great games and some poor. The atmosphere seems better but that might be because without a ST I can only get tickets in the Lansdown which has a great view but poor atmosphere.

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surprised if it was quite as high as that, but definitely was down- and as you say not just because of the reasons you state. 5,000 perhaps?

The other thing on that note- cannot now find and dunno if anyone else can find it, the link that used to show a selection of actual attendances on Bristol Sport site.

I’m sure our SLO can assist 

Matt?

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

48 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm foggy on that and usually take note.

Was a final figure ever announced?

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

It was a dreadful game, and both teams looked poor. They just happened to be s lot worse on the day 

Poor game. But we showed a fighting spirit to come through. Which we've lacked in recent years. 

Football isn't consistently great at the moment. But we're doing alright mate. I don't think it needs the hysteria that I'm currently seeing on here and other platforms!

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

The points above reflects exactly my views on Senior and I get pretty much persistent flak for holding that view and now certain posters are saying the same about the drab play served up by LJ................are football fans fickle or what?.....

Some fans can be just as boring and predictable as the football...

.....mentioning no names of course.

• Like 1

Perhaps attendances will drop over the next 2 or 3 years. If this happens this will probably be the prelude to a couple of seasons of struggle followed by relegation. Th club will then consistently finish in the top 7 of the league below , our “fans” will happy because the team is winning ( against poorer opposition) , and attendances will rise again prior to a push for promotion.

It is a pattern which has been repeated many times over the decades. This suggests that , at least, some of our support is happier watching a team nearer the top of the division below rather than being in the middle of the division we are currently in.

This would explain why we have only played 4 seasons in the top division in more than 100 years which , of course, is by far the worst record for the major team in any city of a similar size in Europe.

I accept, of course, that everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint, however, some people posting on here have stated that they want us to be relegated. Their views are of no merit and they should ignored , and, in my view, banned from returning to Ashton Gate when the good days come around for either being Gasheads or behaving as if they were Gasheads. 

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Some fans can be just as boring and predictable as the football...

.....mentioning no names of course.

I feel I’m getting my own back RLL........all the shit I’ve taken over years because of my criticism of GJs dreary and drab football is now being aimed at LJ by those who’ve criticised me...........irony I call it.........

I have been watching City for 60 years & have missed less than 10 home games in that time. I find going to football is a bit like going to church, break the habit & you don't go back. For Lee Johnson to say we played well against Brentford is an insult to us all. Tomorrow will be the third home league match this season I have missed through choice & at this point I can't see me or my fsmily renewing our season tickets. Whilst I would like us to.win every game I know that is very unlikely but I  do expect some entertainment.

• Like 2

Convinced me neighbor not to bother tomorrow as he will be wasting his money as the products not very good . He made a good argument its about the day , meeting up with his mates and having a few beers , getting out and finishing off his Christmas!!

Surley he can’t wait to watch our slick football !!

On 27/12/2018 at 01:48, BristolNorthEndRed said:

Have been a year on year season ticket holder in the Dolman since 1986, the year of the Freight Rover Trophy win at Wembley beating Bolton Wanderers 3-0.

I am completely bored to death at games now and have been for quite a while. Honestly don’t think I’ll renew next season. Considered not renewing this season, but eventually gave LJ and co. another season in hope something would change and I’d get £499 worth of entertainment.

The talk of fast, expansive, attacking football has either been bullshit, or, it’s my fault for not being easily impressed.  Either way maybe I’ll give it a break until LJ has gone (if he ever does in my lifetime [I am in my 60’s]).

Alarm bells were ringing as soon as they had the pitch narrowed. A move I still can’t get my head around when the emphasis is on us as the home team to break teams down, and especially now when we’re not good/clever enough to play through the middle since Bobby left. 

Edited by MartockRed