IGNORED

Ex City striker awarded MBE

Tim S

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The ‘unsackable despite delivering nothing’ award? Funny how the ones who yelled about his win % compared to Cotts have just run away and been silent.....especially since LJ’s win % as our manager is now well below 38% whilst Cotts’ record stands at 46%...regardless of level/league/division .... Cotts’ record was very impressive, and given LJ’s history and current tactics....there’s no way he’d have led us to the runaway league one title triumph that Cotts gave us....no way at all...will always love Cotts for THAT season...

Yeah let's bring in Warnock.......

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Lovely guy, remember the FA Cup game v West Ham in 14/15.  We were there really early and there was no one around.  He was desperate to chat to anyone about the game, and we were the only ones, so we had a good natter.

D7FA247E-C905-4A92-BA0C-DF3A8184C728.thumb.jpeg.01717cc1181e2d5701b08d28c14df2a1.jpeg

Joe looking young with his free City scarf. 

FD48B667-9ECE-493D-95F1-F5FB0B5A2307.thumb.jpeg.00b9149357cfbb22d70477065c3dab4e.jpeg

Lineker’s autograph on the Programme.....with Albie’s too!!!

That tallies with other things I've read about him.  Good on him.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The ‘unsackable despite delivering nothing’ award? Funny how the ones who yelled about his win % compared to Cotts have just run away and been silent.....especially since LJ’s win % as our manager is now well below 38% whilst Cotts’ record stands at 46%...regardless of level/league/division .... Cotts’ record was very impressive, and given LJ’s history and current tactics....there’s no way he’d have led us to the runaway league one title triumph that Cotts gave us....no way at all...will always love Cotts for THAT season...

How on earth have you managed to get riled up about LJ on a thread about Leroy Rosenior winning an MBE... 

Wow ??

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Lovely guy, remember the FA Cup game v West Ham in 14/15.  We were there really early and there was no one around.  He was desperate to chat to anyone about the game, and we were the only ones, so we had a good natter.

Not much of a story but ....

In Italy for the Anglo Italian game against Pisa, me and two mates in a bar and one was struggling with the phone trying to ring home. Couple of players came in and blank us when we said hi, Rob Edwards was one can't remember the other, but Leroy came over sorted the phone and had a quick chat. 
There was one stage I thought he was a good fit for us as manager.

23 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not much of a story but ....

In Italy for the Anglo Italian game against Pisa, me and two mates in a bar and one was struggling with the phone trying to ring home. Couple of players came in and blank us when we said hi, Rob Edwards was one can't remember the other, but Leroy came over sorted the phone and had a quick chat. 
There was one stage I thought he was a good fit for us as manager.

haha, heard some adventures from the Pisa trip from a few others. As an aside, the only time I've met Leroy (he was with Rob Edwards and Brian effing Mitchell!), he was an absolute gentleman and extremely friendly. Seemed a lovely chap! 

I'm trying to recall some of Leroy's performances for us, but struggling to remember as, obviously, Jacki and Cole tended to overshadow him. From memory though, think he played blinder against Millwall away at the Old Den and that match when we tanked Cardiff 5-1! 

35 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

haha, heard some adventures from the Pisa trip from a few others. As an aside, the only time I've met Leroy (he was with Rob Edwards and Brian effing Mitchell!), he was an absolute gentleman and extremely friendly. Seemed a lovely chap! 

I'm trying to recall some of Leroy's performances for us, but struggling to remember as, obviously, Jacki and Cole tended to overshadow him. From memory though, think he played blinder against Millwall away at the Old Den and that match when we tanked Cardiff 5-1! 

There are some clips on my Youtube channel .The one below has one of my favourite headed goals, and it's Leroy , check out 28:30 - ish.

2 hours ago, Laner said:

So true. Seems so unfair.

Harry Kane gets an MBE for scoring goals against poor teams and a few penalties whilst others on the list have done years of charitable work and receive the same recognition e.g. Mike Peters ex. Alarm front man.

Mmmm ...  1100 people get awards, 70 % of them for services to the community, but the media focus on the famous ones, so people get upset about that. It’s not as if the unknowns are being ignored, after all.

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Mmmm ...  1100 people get awards, 70 % of them for services to the community, but the media focus on the famous ones, so people get upset about that. It’s not as if the unknowns are being ignored, after all.

Am aware of that. I just personally feel some celebrities get them for doing little these days.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey BS4, watch out, you'll upset the flat earth society on here with posts like this ?

Archived