IGNORED

Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day 25

Septic Peg

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think a major part of the problem is we are playing a crossing game but have a team of players - Fammy included - who are better with the ball played to feet.  Even with the right cross, we lack a natural aerial threat.

It would help greatly, if when the balls played into his feet , he doesn’t let the centre half walk round him and take it from him

Poor first half really.

Very messy defending and poor crossing and corners, getting caught on the break, and ponderous in front of goal.

Not a lot to choose between City and Rotherham at the moment, either team could be in front but Rotherham with the more clear cut chances imo.

They'll be much happier than us in the dressing room atm.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

You’d think that Rotherham being a team that likes to sit in and wait for set pieces that we would release the ball quickly and counter straight away after them. But alas, we are Bristol City and we don’t do logic.

I was sat thinking this at times. 

Honestly, I wasn’t bored but Rotherham probably had better chances and should be winning. Their chances at the expense of our goal. May work today as Rotherham not proving clinical and we could sneak one. Thought the boos were a bit OTT though. We attacked and got bodies in the box but lack that killer instinct in the final third.

Maybe why LJ has kept it boring until Jan? Not an excuse but even when we have more possesion and try to get more balls in the box the cross is either poor or we don’t have someone capable of finishing(Paterson probably needs to do better on that header). Idk I enjoyed it at least

I'll say it again........movement and entertainment value. The two are linked.

We are so lacking in movement up front. Aside from that as an issue in itself, it makes for really dull watching. 

As someone said the other day, when it came to watching the two Manchester clubs last year,  sadly LJ has decided to follow the Mourinho approach.

Praying for a better second half. 

What are COD and Pato bringing to the side ?? Adelakin looks okay a bit raw but he's trying but no one seems to know where they are playing . We once again have no midfield or attack and against the bottom side who are looking the more likely to win its P*ss poor.  Terrible game two very poor clueless teams i don't think we have poor players, its the formation, tactics and style of play we need to change

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not a bad first half .

Da Silva class on the left. Abdelakun working his way into it.

Hunt playing like he does , some good attacking moves but too often giving the ball away ( I hope it’s just a bit of ‘ rust ‘.

Their central defence are very comfortable with balls hoiked into the box we need to be smarter.

DaSilva class going forward...... absent in defence. Hence why Taylor has been man of the (poor) match so far.

Archived