Webster 7
Pack 6
Brownhill 8
Pato 5
COD 4
Adelukan 7
Diedhiou 7

Why is it every game, one or more of our attackers has a bad game? Ridiculous

Every COD cross or pass above 15 yards has been woeful. Pato looked pretty but very ineffective today. Replace them with Elliason and Taylor, this is must win for confidence reasons.

I’d agree with those subs.

I honestly think a major issue is we sign players on the basis of what they “can” do at their best rather than what they do on a regular basis.

There’s nothing inherently wrong in that - and it obviously pays off in spades if those players discover consistency - but we could do with two or three more players who put in solid 7/10 performances week in and week out. Pack and maybe Kalas are the only two players I can think of where I have any certainty about the level of performance they will put in. It does get quite frustrating.

It's all very disjointed and then predictable in the final third of the pitch. Will anybody ever attack the near post? Will anybody ever drive at the box and keep driving?

Defensively shambolic with Dasilva sleeping at times. Rotherham should step up second half. We need changes in 5 mins if this continues.

Finally: Finishing? What finishing? So many poor touches.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Bright moments dasilva linking up with Hakeeb

Less bright, Dasilva's defending.

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

It's all very disjointed and then predictable in the final third of the pitch. Will anybody ever attack the near post? Will anybody ever drive at the box and keep driving?

Defensively shambolic with Dasilva sleeping at times. Rotherham should step up second half. We need changes in 5 mins if this continues.

Finally: Finishing? What finishing? So many poor touches.

Less bright, Dasilva's defending.

I’m not disagreeing with you but you’d think disjointed and predictable would be a contradiction and impossible to achieve. And yet we manage it...

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Considering the opposition and the intent , at least verbally expressed, to attack, that was very poor. The midfield is not working together, and not linking with Fama. If we are going the one forward route, then the midfield has to connect up. There is no pattern to our play. Then we play it long or make crosses into a box where there is one player. Our squad is better than that. We should be pushing them hard, and we are not. We have to raise our game second half, they are there for the taking. 

I believe LJ is wasting talented players by his tactics and formation.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I’d agree with those subs.

I honestly think a major issue is we sign players on the basis of what they “can” do at their best rather than what they do on a regular basis.

There’s nothing inherently wrong in that - and it obviously pays off in spades if those players discover consistency - but we could do with two or three more players who put in solid 7/10 performances week in and week out. Pack and maybe Kalas are the only two players I can think of where I have any certainty about the level of performance they will put in. It does get quite frustrating.

I always prefer someone who is 7/10 every week rather than 9 one week and 5 the next.  A team cannot work as a team if 20% off the players are off their game 

Archived