IGNORED

Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day 25

Septic Peg

31 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Red for me.

Flew in from behind and high.

Reckless and a red 

No question, flew in from behind hit him very hard, clear red. T’other was easily a second yellow. Rotherham will moan but they were pretty dirty. Diedhou wasudo thrown in the first minute and ref never even gave a foul. 

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

No question, flew in from behind hit him very hard, clear red. T’other was easily a second yellow. Rotherham will moan but they were pretty dirty. Diedhou wasudo thrown in the first minute and ref never even gave a foul. 

Thought they were bad all game

Well, it was entertaining at least, if only because it's not often we see the opposition down to 9 men. Without that we would have struggled to score and even after the red cards we made hard work of it, with our main tactic apparently just aiming crosses at their defenders.

Anyway, a very welcome three home points at last.

Let’s hope that the win today loosens us up a bit and we start to play with a bit more freedom because as others have said the football we have played at the Gate for months isn’t going to persuade too many POTD people to part with £33 too often going forwards. The club isn’t sustainable at this level on 15k season ticket holders only.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Being the eternal optimist, it is said that champions can play badly and still win.

Very true, but so do mediocre mid table teams. 

2 hours ago, Der no.2 said:

We would have coasted this if we had reduced them to 7 with 30 to go.

Not necessarily. Managers often say, when their team is playing against 10 men, that it’s more difficult to play against 10 men. If you extrapolate that logic then playing against 7 men would be a nightmare 

10 minutes ago, City 62 said:

Because we are a half decent team that keeps picking up points

Quite agree with the HALF decent! Paterson was better today again! But still nowhere near as good as he could be, give him the ball going forward in space he was ace, as long as he could avoid challenges, though his final touch was usually shit!

Give him the ball on when an opponent is challenging and it’s panic oh shit get rid 

Watch him when he should be challenging in midfield and on almost every occasion no actual challenge and he turns away before any contact is possible the attackers running past him like is not even there!

if I had more patience I would watch the game back and detail what was actually a really poor performance from him again.

FD - I will add nothing more than many others that have finally noticed he is not the messiah and are saying exactly what I have said since he returned from his ban!

Other than that the changes today were refreshing and worked really well, we were unlucky not to be 3-0 after 45 mins

i hope we will see more of Taylor soon, his work ethic is brilliant and he loves a challenge but he needs more than an occasional cameo, why not start him and keep Pato in reserve?

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I predicted 8 points from our Christmas games, I was wrong we netted NINE! and UNBEATEN too, a very good return, considering most were predicting maybe 2 or 3.... Ha Ha!!

How many did you predict / want Bob 0, ,1 2 points? Oh! well best sit on your hands for a bit, nothing to see here on OTIB except success. 

3 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I predicted 8 points from our Christmas games, I was wrong we netted NINE! and UNBEATEN too, a very good return, considering most were predicting maybe 2 or 3.... Ha Ha!!

I'm afraid we are out of Blue Peter badges, mate.

Did you predict 2 own goals, the penalty shouts, the 9 man suicide mission etc etc etc?

Had another look at Rotherham's forum, their fans appear more relaxed than we do.

https://www.millersbanter.co.uk/t65188506/bristol-c-away/

The idea that if we look like going down it must be the managers fault doesn't stack up for me. At the end of the day we are a bottom three club by every measure whether its turnover, crowd size, capital support (funded debt), wage bill or whatever else. Probably 24th for all of them and a million miles behind the vast majority of our competitors. If Warne can keep us up he will have done wonders. If not it won't necessarily mean he has done a lot wrong. He will make and has made mistakes but he is a good young manager. He proved that last season and I think has done well so far this season against all the odds. We have had too many managers in recent years. I think our best chance is to stick with him and get behind him, not make a scapegoat of him because he isn't able to turn a group of League One footballers into a successful Championship side. I'm as frustrated as everyone else but for me that doesn't translate into blaming Warne any more than I'd blame a formula one driver with the worst car on the grid for coming near the back in a grand prix race. 

Not been today but it sounds like we were just as good as them and had chances to go in front. Sounds familiar.
I certainly don't blame Warne, in fact i think he is doing a great job with whats at his disposal.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm afraid we are out of Blue Peter badges, mate.

Did you predict 2 own goals, the penalty shouts, the 9 man suicide mission etc etc etc?

Me..               Really

Brum D         (W)

Canaries L    (D)

FLD        D      (D)

Nylons W      (D)

Millers W      (W)

Total    8         9

Which as far as predictions go is not that bad, considering the big money was on c.2 points.

I Believe...

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Me..               Really

Brum D         (W)

Canaries L    (D)

FLD        D      (D)

Nylons W      (D)

Millers W      (W)

Total    8         9

Which as far as predictions go is not that bad, considering the big money was on c.2 points.

I Believe...

Believe in what you want. Good results, but a weird way of getting them with no obvious footballing identity on show. Something the man himself likes to talk about a lot.

Of course, we have lost phenomenal players and are (still) in transition

BTW fancy giving me the Euromillions numbers for Tuesday?

Archived