IGNORED

Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day 25

Septic Peg

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Hello folks!

I'm returning after a rather exhausting few days. Christmas takes it out of me. Well actually the alcohol did. And the Quality Street tin. But you know what I mean.

Today, we host northerners Rotherham whom have a certain defender on loan... i wonder who that could be???

Zak Vyner was born in London 21 years ago and was snapped up by our youth set up at the age of 7. Producing decent defenders from the academy is becoming quite the party trick for us and Zak is following in the steps of Joe Bryan (now in the Prem at Fulham) and Lloyd Kelly (a regular in our own first team). 

In 2015, Zak made the step up to the senior team at 18 and during the 2015/2016 season, he made his debut in the 2-0 win at MK Dons. Ironically, his debut was not the only first for him in that game. He also picked up his first senior yellow card.

The following season, Zak was loaned to League Two side Accrington Stanley, in the hope he could aquire more game time. With the loan ending a few days into January, Zak played in 17 league and league cup matches. His time at Accrington was not without drama. In a game against Yeovil back in November, Zak was stretchered off the pitch and taken to hospital following an asthma attack. A scary scenario for anyone to deal with.

Returning to City to finish up that season, discussions were made for the following season. After playing for us in the League Cup, knocking out the likes of Watford and Stoke, in January 2018, Zak was once again shipped out but had moved up a league. This time, moving just down the M5 to Plymouth Argyle til the end of the season.

To the delight of Plymouth fans, he was well received and is still thought of in Devon. He scored his first senior goal in a game against Shrewsbury Town in February and to our delight, he featured in Plymouth's 3-2 win over them up the road. Such a fan favourite he became, he was voted Plymouth's Young Player of The Year. In September of this year, Zak attended Plymouth's game at the Mem and sat with the Plymouth fans. 

With such a good response from Plymouth, the question now was would he stay with us or would he go on loan again? The latter was the answer and he joined Rotherham on a season long loan back in August. He won't be playing for Rotherham against us though as the terms of his loan deal prohibit this.

So on to today.

This could go one of two ways I feel. No draws today. It's gonna be a scrappy 2-1. I just can't decide who will get that winner.

Either way... COYRs!

Condensed Version

Rotherham 

Pegs been drinking, eating chocolates and shagging to excess over Christmas.

37 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You can not listen to local radio 95 min before Rotherham (h) due to "contractual reasons". WOW, you must be sitting on a golden egg :) 

Tommy, it's not 95 minutes the commentary goes off just before KO,in fact, only a few minutes before.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Nearly time to get walking to AG

the excitement is almost TOO much to take

Fit(-ish) after my Christmas Lurgy.

No hurry for me, I'll be legging it down the Gate at 2.36 precisely, quick pre match widdle, then straight in my seat for KO.

Will miss the excitement of the pre match handshakes, but I'll try and get over that.

Think this will be a physical game today, Rotherham are no mugs and will try to frustrate us as much as possible. Just hope we don't go 1 up and then sit back again and if this happens I think it will just be another score draw.  So come on boys, give us a win to start the New Year with.   COYR's 

Archived