IGNORED

Johnson’s got go

no_merde

39 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

4 points off the play offs. EDIT - well, we were! Now 7...

4 teams between us and the play offs.

Only 4 teams have conceded less goals than us.

Unbeaten in 7.

Imagine if we had a forward who could bang the goals away?

Big January coming up...

Imagine if we had a decent coach

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Its evidently still Panto Season... Should LJ go...oh yes he should. oh no he shouldnt. 

Well here's the news.....timing is everything...are you really suggesting we let go of LJ just before a transfer window? and who....realistically would you replace him with?

Moyes for me

I actually enjoyed the game today. But it would’ve looked pretty bad if we couldn’t beat 9-man Rotherham.

In 2018 we have played 46 games and earned 55 points. Lower mid-table flirting with relegation form. (Incidentally 2016-17, Johnson’s first full season, had us finish on 54). 

This 7 unbeaten run leaves us needing a complete catastrophe to be relegated but still a fairly significant 7 points off the play-offs.

For me a convincing play off push saves LJ his job in the summer. Continuing as we are it’s in the balance.

I’d like to add one or two attackers including a proven scorer and a ball-playing midfielder to this team and see where we end up. Big January ahead. As well as new signings I’d be tempted to recall Bakinson 

At the end of the day we are bumbling along which as ive said numerous times on here before the board are more than happy with. It would need us to be deep deep in a relegation battle and even then i dont think its a given that Lee gets the chop. The Lansdowns really like the little chap for some strange reason, and more importantly DONT want Premier league football anytime soon. Its all very cosey down at Ashton gate at the moment and its just how Steve Lansdown has always liked it.

The performances for me under Lee have been woeful, his and Mr smooth Ashton’s recruitment is also very questionable at best... Are they really taking us foward or just moving us sideways/backwards? The latter me thinks.. But like ive just said for me the bottom bottom line is the Premier league is not overly on the Lansdowns radars anytime soon so keeping this current set up should in there theory keep us in the Championship but not ever seriously competing. A fairly dangerous game to play at this level as complacencies usually lead to you getting dragged into the mire sooner or later and going down. 

A pretty negative assessment but i think it is what it is under the Lansdowns. Better the devil you know owners wise some would say.. looking at what Bournemouth and other significantly smaller clubs have achieved with ambitions owners id be willing to roll the dice and take a chance but hey ho!

A few years ago Stoke were an established mid table premiership team. There fans decide they don't like the style of play under Pulis so he is sacked - they are now below us in the championship. Same at WBA although they are above us but still championship.

Last season Ipswich fans drove Mick MacCarthy out as they didn't like the style of football. They now look ,like they will be a league 1 club next season.

Be careful what you ask for. 

Also the negativity at home hardly helps the confidence and doesn't encourage expansive play. 

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Imagine if we had a decent coach

I would say that our coach and his methods are more than 'decent'.

If they were not, we wouldn't be in the top half of this division and we wouldn't have the 5th best defence in the league.

How do you think that has happened if the manager is less than decent in your opinion?

1 minute ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Also the negativity at home hardly helps the confidence and doesn't encourage expansive play. 

We’re poor at home. I don’t think I’ve ever come away from Ashton Gate so unimpressed after a victory. I don’t even fancy a drink tonight!

55 minutes ago, no_merde said:

That was the most awful game I think i’ve watched at the gate in the last couple of months. We were all over the place and showed so little passion and purpose.

I’ve been such a supporter of the Johnsons in general and think without them we’d be out of the league by now, but even I can now see the futility of carry on with them.

We’ve got to cut ties and get some fresh blood in.

In fairness, we weren’t awful today, we weren’t great either.  We played some nice stuff in patches let down by sub-par finishing or poor final ball or their keeper who made a few good saves.  We have played much worse in the last couple of months.

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

We’re poor at home. I don’t think I’ve ever come away from Ashton Gate so unimpressed after a victory. I don’t even fancy a drink tonight!

Have one, it’ll help, I promise you!

Papering over the cracks! The way we are playing at the moment reminds me of the start of 16/17 season when we was playing pretty rubbish but high up in the table. We are in a false position in my opinion, absolute rubbish football being played and i stayed away today which is the first home match i've missed this season. I can't really comment much on today but by looking at stats and considering they was down to 9 men tells me all i need. Think some of you need to take those rose tinted glasses off.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness, we weren’t awful today, we weren’t great either.  We played some nice stuff in patches let down by sub-par finishing or poor final ball or their keeper who made a few good saves.  We have played much worse in the last couple of months.

After watching that Dave what struck me is that we seriously lack any pace going forward. Rotherham certainly didn't sit back as a lot predicted but must of thought they could get something and until the sending offs looked more than capable of achieving it. We just look so predictable and I lost count of the number of times we turned and went backwards rather than drive to the bye line.It's three points in the bag so can't really ask for much more..........apart from a decent performance that gets the crowd fired up instead of the recent constant groans.........

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Have one, it’ll help, I promise you!

I thought we were completely turgid again Dave 

DaSilva our main threat for most of the game

We didn’t really cause them any great problems

Tedious 

Well I can safely say I have never been so bored watching City and I have never felt so detached from the club.

As it stands next season will be the first one in my memory that I won’t be getting a season ticket. 

No doubt that will lead to people claiming I’m not a true fan and will excite the willy waving contest of who has the greatest support for the club. 

Just for some context though, I was one of 98 people at Hull on a Friday night watching an already relegated City. I was at Carlisle the other year watching City win their first game in twenty odd, I’ve missed two home games in the last ten seasons (one of them the famous Maynard goal against Palace which I’m still fuming about).  So I think I qualify as a ‘true fan’.

But as I said, I have never been so bored. I have never felt so detached from the club and I have never enjoyed going to Ashton Gate less. I find myself chatting through the game to keep myself amused, and frankly I don’t think I have ever taken less enjoyment from a City goal than I did today. 

It would be wrong to say Lee Johnson is the only reason I feel this way, but the football his team serves up, and the type of anaemic atmosphere that leads to, is a large part of the lack of emotion I currently feel towards City.

Yes we are 7 games unbeaten and so many points off the play offs blah blah blah !!!  The Truth is we are difficult to beat which is good, however we also find it difficult to win matches.

We have no creativity and show little threat in front of goal,  our matches are becoming boring to watch and predictable lets be fair football is all about excitement and scoring goals and we don't offer either.

We will start losing fans soon because people aren't going to pay £35 to watch the stuff we are playing.

Time for a change i'm  affraid  

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agreed Dave.

Poor, but not as poor as it has been in recent times. The crossing improved when Eliasson came on as the floated crosses made way for him pinging the ball into the area. He was much more effective than COD. And I thought Adelakun was playing himself into the game nicely, then Johnson took him off - didn't understand that one at all. 

I'll settle for the win even though it was sub-par, a very welcome 3 points which cements our mid-table position.

A word for Famara, I counted 4 very good defensive clearances from him which included 3 headers. I can see why Johnson likes to keep him on the pitch for the whole game where possible.

Just back and I can confirm that was a complete pile of horse dung,everyone sat round me was hoping for Rotherham to get another 2 sent off to put us out our misery early,as it was elli came on and managed to continually put the ball in the box where O’Dowda kept hitting the opposite corner flag the whole 70 minutes,someone said we are near the play offs but Christ we are boring to bloody watch 

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Just back and I can confirm that was a complete pile of horse dung,everyone sat round me was hoping for Rotherham to get another 2 sent off to put us out our misery early,as it was elli came on and managed to continually put the ball in the box where O’Dowda kept hitting the opposite corner flag the whole 70 minutes,someone said we are near the play offs but Christ we are boring to bloody watch 

Its painfully slow and predictable. Said in the other thread 11 v 10 we dont win that game. 

Archived