Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

no_merde

Johnson’s got go

Are you serious 11th, 4 points off the play offs...only 8 teams have lost more than us...yeah seems cut and dried argument to get rid of your manager.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, no_merde said:

That was the most awful game I think i’ve watched at the gate in the last couple of months. We were all over the place and showed so little passion and purpose.

I’ve been such a supporter of the Johnsons in general and think without them we’d be out of the league by now, but even I can now see the futility of carry on with them.

We’ve got to cut ties and get some fresh blood in.

Go away . you are talking crap

• Like 1
  • Aubergine 1

Obviously home form has been an issue so far this season, so I’m just happy we’ve managed to get 3 points at AG which will hopefully give them a bit of confidence going into the next home game

Getting thoe 3 points is the main thing at the moment

Much as I feel there are major issues with the current set up, it is a results business, and we are solid mid table. He has half a season to go, and will be given every chance, and no doubt money in January, to continue onwards. We will not get relegated so SL has no real risk by carrying on. (unless he really thinks we should be top 6, but that was surely a throwaway comment)

• Like 1

4 points off the play offs. EDIT - well, we were! Now 7...

4 teams between us and the play offs.

Only 4 teams have conceded less goals than us.

Unbeaten in 7.

Imagine if we had a forward who could bang the goals away?

Big January coming up...

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 11

12 minutes ago, no_merde said:

That was the most awful game I think i’ve watched at the gate in the last couple of months. We were all over the place and showed so little passion and purpose.

I’ve been such a supporter of the Johnsons in general and think without them we’d be out of the league by now, but even I can now see the futility of carry on with them.

You Sir, are a ####ing muppet.

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Much as I feel there are major issues with the current set up, it is a results business, and we are solid mid table. He has half a season to go, and will be given every chance, and no doubt money in January, to continue onwards. We will not get relegated so SL has no real risk by carrying on. (unless he really thinks we should be top 6, but that was surely a throwaway comment)

I wouldn't expect significant money to be spent in January unless we get significant money in from sales.

Trading was the word Johnson used after all.

• Like 1

I am still LJ out but that was probably the most fun I have had up there this season. Rotherham played their part in that but strange day to post this

Edited by JoeAman08
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, no_merde said:

My mate Jock Strap has also been a supporter of Johnsons for a long time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually agree with the OP as it's boring rubbish being served up, absolute dirge.

Yes, we beat 9 men but were most certainly 2nd best before the red cards against a team that haven't won away all season.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Or imagine if we had a midfielder that could create chances that the forwards could put away.............

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

4 points off the play offs.

Unbeaten in 7.

Big January coming up...

We are comfortable of course. I think it's more the long term future that people are concerned about, rather than the situation now. Where can you see us a year or two from now under the current regime?

Just now, Wanderingred said:

We are comfortable of course. I think it's more the long term future that people are concerned about, rather than the situation now. Where can you see us a year or two from now under the current regime?

Easy, back in league 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Midtable I expect 

• Like 2

We are playing solid at the back but a creative midfielder we are desperate for. Mid table finish is acceptable though but this season no one is running away with the Champ. Just wish SL would give it a go for playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Midtable I expect 

Maybe. Which would be fine if we had an exciting team to watch and genuine promise for the future. But with this brand of football being served up, and a couple more years of treading water, you'd expect that crowds will drop massively and apathy will set in.

25 minutes ago, no_merde said:

That went well then 😁

5 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Well I don't have a crystal ball. 

But what I will say is there have been many, MANY MANY, hundreds, who for over 2 years have been saying we are going nowhere but league one with LJ.

He continues to prove people wrong on a modest budget.

Could we do more? Of course, but this team is two or three quality players from really seriously competing in this division.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, no_merde said:

No no no

34 minutes ago, gl1 said:

I know what and why you are saying....

but we are 4 points off the play offs....

So what? City has already held on to tripe for too long and refused to pull the tip cord. Johnson’s our of his depth and taking us nowhere fast. Let’s be decisive for once 

31 minutes ago, City 62 said:

Go away . you are talking crap

If you can’t handle different opinions to your own perhaps you need to get on facebook rather than here

31 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

:gasmask:   

**** off

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, no_merde said:

Tbf he's better at managing than you are at thread titles.

Can you explain please how more than one Johnson is involved at City?

2 minutes ago, no_merde said:

So what? City has already held on to tripe for too long and refused to pull the tip cord. Johnson’s our of his depth and taking us nowhere fast. Let’s be decisive for once 

Tip cord? Our his depth? Wtf are you on about for the love of Bob?

Its evidently still Panto Season... Should LJ go...oh yes he should. oh no he shouldnt. 

Well here's the news.....timing is everything...are you really suggesting we let go of LJ just before a transfer window? and who....realistically would you replace him with?

8 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Tbf he's better at managing than you are at thread titles.

Can you explain please how more than one Johnson is involved at City?

Tip cord? Our his depth? Wtf are you on about for the love of Bob?

Typos but I think you get my rift 

39 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

4 points off the play offs. EDIT - well, we were! Now 7...

Unbeaten in 7.

Big January coming up...

Imagine if we had a decent coach

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Its evidently still Panto Season... Should LJ go...oh yes he should. oh no he shouldnt. 

Well here's the news.....timing is everything...are you really suggesting we let go of LJ just before a transfer window? and who....realistically would you replace him with?

Moyes for me

• Haha 1

I actually enjoyed the game today. But it would’ve looked pretty bad if we couldn’t beat 9-man Rotherham.

In 2018 we have played 46 games and earned 55 points. Lower mid-table flirting with relegation form. (Incidentally 2016-17, Johnson’s first full season, had us finish on 54). 

This 7 unbeaten run leaves us needing a complete catastrophe to be relegated but still a fairly significant 7 points off the play-offs.

For me a convincing play off push saves LJ his job in the summer. Continuing as we are it’s in the balance.

I’d like to add one or two attackers including a proven scorer and a ball-playing midfielder to this team and see where we end up. Big January ahead. As well as new signings I’d be tempted to recall Bakinson 

• Like 2

At the end of the day we are bumbling along which as ive said numerous times on here before the board are more than happy with. It would need us to be deep deep in a relegation battle and even then i dont think its a given that Lee gets the chop. The Lansdowns really like the little chap for some strange reason, and more importantly DONT want Premier league football anytime soon. Its all very cosey down at Ashton gate at the moment and its just how Steve Lansdown has always liked it.

The performances for me under Lee have been woeful, his and Mr smooth Ashton’s recruitment is also very questionable at best... Are they really taking us foward or just moving us sideways/backwards? The latter me thinks.. But like ive just said for me the bottom bottom line is the Premier league is not overly on the Lansdowns radars anytime soon so keeping this current set up should in there theory keep us in the Championship but not ever seriously competing. A fairly dangerous game to play at this level as complacencies usually lead to you getting dragged into the mire sooner or later and going down. 

A pretty negative assessment but i think it is what it is under the Lansdowns. Better the devil you know owners wise some would say.. looking at what Bournemouth and other significantly smaller clubs have achieved with ambitions owners id be willing to roll the dice and take a chance but hey ho!

Edited by bris red
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A few years ago Stoke were an established mid table premiership team. There fans decide they don't like the style of play under Pulis so he is sacked - they are now below us in the championship. Same at WBA although they are above us but still championship.

Last season Ipswich fans drove Mick MacCarthy out as they didn't like the style of football. They now look ,like they will be a league 1 club next season.

Be careful what you ask for. 

Also the negativity at home hardly helps the confidence and doesn't encourage expansive play. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Imagine if we had a decent coach

I would say that our coach and his methods are more than 'decent'.

If they were not, we wouldn't be in the top half of this division and we wouldn't have the 5th best defence in the league.

How do you think that has happened if the manager is less than decent in your opinion?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Also the negativity at home hardly helps the confidence and doesn't encourage expansive play. 

We’re poor at home. I don’t think I’ve ever come away from Ashton Gate so unimpressed after a victory. I don’t even fancy a drink tonight!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, no_merde said:

In fairness, we weren’t awful today, we weren’t great either.  We played some nice stuff in patches let down by sub-par finishing or poor final ball or their keeper who made a few good saves.  We have played much worse in the last couple of months.

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

We’re poor at home. I don’t think I’ve ever come away from Ashton Gate so unimpressed after a victory. I don’t even fancy a drink tonight!

Have one, it’ll help, I promise you!

• Like 1

Papering over the cracks! The way we are playing at the moment reminds me of the start of 16/17 season when we was playing pretty rubbish but high up in the table. We are in a false position in my opinion, absolute rubbish football being played and i stayed away today which is the first home match i've missed this season. I can't really comment much on today but by looking at stats and considering they was down to 9 men tells me all i need. Think some of you need to take those rose tinted glasses off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness, we weren’t awful today, we weren’t great either.  We played some nice stuff in patches let down by sub-par finishing or poor final ball or their keeper who made a few good saves.  We have played much worse in the last couple of months.

After watching that Dave what struck me is that we seriously lack any pace going forward. Rotherham certainly didn't sit back as a lot predicted but must of thought they could get something and until the sending offs looked more than capable of achieving it. We just look so predictable and I lost count of the number of times we turned and went backwards rather than drive to the bye line.It's three points in the bag so can't really ask for much more..........apart from a decent performance that gets the crowd fired up instead of the recent constant groans.........

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Have one, it’ll help, I promise you!

I thought we were completely turgid again Dave 

DaSilva our main threat for most of the game

We didn’t really cause them any great problems

Tedious 

• Like 2

Well I can safely say I have never been so bored watching City and I have never felt so detached from the club.

As it stands next season will be the first one in my memory that I won’t be getting a season ticket. 

No doubt that will lead to people claiming I’m not a true fan and will excite the willy waving contest of who has the greatest support for the club. 

Just for some context though, I was one of 98 people at Hull on a Friday night watching an already relegated City. I was at Carlisle the other year watching City win their first game in twenty odd, I’ve missed two home games in the last ten seasons (one of them the famous Maynard goal against Palace which I’m still fuming about).  So I think I qualify as a ‘true fan’.

But as I said, I have never been so bored. I have never felt so detached from the club and I have never enjoyed going to Ashton Gate less. I find myself chatting through the game to keep myself amused, and frankly I don’t think I have ever taken less enjoyment from a City goal than I did today. 

It would be wrong to say Lee Johnson is the only reason I feel this way, but the football his team serves up, and the type of anaemic atmosphere that leads to, is a large part of the lack of emotion I currently feel towards City.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1