IGNORED

The Original OTIB

Will The FA cup game be a good gauge for dissatisfaction?

I would expect something like 15,000 home fans (tickets sold) for a cup game against a prem team we could beat with cheaper entry prices (if we were playing good football).

That seems a fair expectation to me - agree?

15 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Bullshit...

It doesn’t matter how many turn up as long as their seat has been paid for then it’s counted in the overall attendance and with nearly 17k full and half season tickets paid for ( I’m only guessing that figure because I don’t know exact figure of half season tickets)then the attendance can’t be lower than that + the walk up support which should be bigger over the holiday period 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I would expect something like 15,000 home fans (tickets sold) for a cup game against a prem team we could beat with cheaper entry prices (if we were playing good football).

15k would seem about right all things being equal. 

Factor in all the other home games in a short period, our form at home, the daft kick off time and the fact that Huddersfield don`t seem that excited about it either and won`t bring a lot I would expect the actual crowd to be around 11- 12k in the end though.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

15k would seem about right all things being equal. 

Factor in all the other home games in a short period, our form at home, the daft kick off time and the fact that Huddersfield don`t seem that excited about it either and won`t bring a lot I would expect the actual crowd to be around 11- 12k in the end though.

The irony is that with no points at stake you can almost guarantee that with a few team changes it will probably be quite an entertaining game

Not for me though , if Clubs can’t take the FA cup seriously at this stage, why should I 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The irony is that with no points at stake you can almost guarantee that with a few team changes it will probably be quite an entertaining game

Not for me though , if Clubs can’t take the FA cup seriously at this stage, why should I 

I hope you're right. In a moment of delusional festive madness I bought a ticket. What a plonker I am.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There is an element of that to be sure and I must admit if it wasn`t only twelve quid I wouldn`t be bothering. What I am hoping though is that we`ll see the likes of Morrell, Adelekun, Eisa and maybe Max get a run out so it might be worth it. We might even have Moore and Bakinson back too so they may be involved although I imagine they`re both cup-tied.

5 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I hope you're right. In a moment of delusional festive madness I bought a ticket. What a plonker I am.

I do think it’s likely to be far more entertaining than recent fare (bar Norwich)

Should be shackles off for both sides

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

There is an element of that to be sure and I must admit if it wasn`t only twelve quid I wouldn`t be bothering. What I am hoping though is that we`ll see the likes of Morrell, Adelekun, Eisa and maybe Max get a run out so it might be worth it. We might even have Moore and Bakinson back too so they may be involved although I imagine they`re both cup-tied.

I do think that’s a decent reason to go RRH

im being honest , I’m just fed up with all the b******t about the project and can’t be arsed !

57 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

It doesn’t matter how many turn up as long as their seat has been paid for then it’s counted in the overall attendance and with nearly 17k full and half season tickets paid for ( I’m only guessing that figure because I don’t know exact figure of half season tickets)then the attendance can’t be lower than that + the walk up support which should be bigger over the holiday period 

Maggers you have TOTALLY missed my point!

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You sound like the one who's pissed tbh. :whistle2:

The true figure - and whether Bob is right or wrong - will be known soon enough when the above chart is updated.

Not pissed at all. I was calm when I wrote it last night and calm again this morning. The guy was being a hypocritical bell end. End of. 

If I put a few emoji's or laced my posts with sarcasm....would that make me look more calm? No. It doesn't work for him either, we all see through it.

I agree with your last sentence.  Both @JBFC II and I were reasonably asking the guy to back-up his claim of 7000 missing season ticket holders. I even wrote, "he may be right" and I didn't say he was wrong or lying, but was interested to hear where the figure came from. What followed was a load of sarcastic deflection. 

All he had to do was answer the reasonable question. 

The fact remains - anyone impartial reading the thread through will see how it went down. In fact, people have DM'd me about it, so I know that is the case.

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Not pissed at all. I was calm when I wrote it last night and calm again this morning. The guy was being a hypocritical bell end. End of. 

If I put a few emoji's or laced my posts with sarcasm....would that make me look more calm? No. It doesn't work for him either, we all see through it.

I agree with your last sentence.  Both @JBFC II and I were reasonably asking the guy to back-up his claim of 7000 missing season ticket holders. I even wrote, "he may be right" and I didn't say he was wrong or lying, but was interested to hear where the figure came from. What followed was a load of sarcastic deflection. 

The fact remains - anyone impartial reading the thread through will see how it went down. In fact, people have DM'd me about it, so I know that is the case.

Best not to regurgitate last night's arguments the morning after.

We'll all find out the true figures soon enough, and everyone else seems happy to leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Oh the irony.  

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Best not to regurgitate last night's arguments the morning after.

We'll all find out the true figures soon enough, and everyone else seems happy to leave it at that.

Well I wasn't on here last night while some were still going...

But yes, happy to leave it and as I said, I never said 7000 was wrong - just asked where the figure came from. 

25 minutes ago, lenred said:

Oh the irony.  

PM

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well I wasn't on here last night while some were still going...

But yes, happy to leave it and as I said, I never said 7000 was wrong - just asked where the figure came from. 

PM

Why have you sent me a PM telling me to ‘go on’? I’ve called you out for calling someone a ‘bell end’ after moaning on about said poster being rude and personal in their replies, that is all. Cool your aggression I would..... I await the usual ‘snowflake’ response from you though! 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Why have you sent me a PM telling me to ‘go on’? I’ve called you out for calling someone a ‘bell end’ after moaning on about said poster being rude and personal in their replies, that is all. Cool your aggression I would..... I await the usual ‘snowflake’ response from you though! 

Well, well

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

I see, an agenda. I apologise for any offence I've caused you - but I'm pretty sure you gave as good as you got.

I PM'd you to keep more spats off the forum - but fine.

If you going to come at me, at least get your facts straight - "moaning on" - sorry, where did I mention in this thread about replies being personal? Nowhere. Where did I moan on? Nowhere. 

Very happy for you to spend the rest of your day trudging the archives to find another quote.....enjoy.  For now.....stick to facts and quotes.

How times change. 

You 'yung uns' may well have your half time phones, large screens and pointless pitchside supporter challenges but you'll never have experienced the unburdened, inter-half joy of cadging a Clark's fresh and newly delivered from the wooden tray, straining one's neck whilst balancing pie and programme to see what sign the fella and his magic bucket of numbers would place against the letter F (the utter shock if number was, too, a letter,) and the hushed anticipation when the tannoy broadcast: Today's attendance is....," for the number announced to be FEWER than those actually at the match. Throw in the military band.... small wonder so many no longer bother turning up.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What a sad if correct indictment that is Bill. Why can't others see it and the inevitable drop in sales.

The difference is, we come on here and after 40 years for you similar for me, we still care.

Great post mate, put it better than I could ever hope to. It will be met by criticism though.

It’s correct mate, it came to a time where I thought I just can’t watch this anymore. I’ve no regrets and don’t miss it at all. 

There is a choice of hundreds of football matches out there, with far more entertainment value than what City fans have ended up with. I used to think I wasn’t being ‘loyal’ if I didn’t go to every City game, but now I don’t feel any bond at all with the management or players, they come and go and earn more money than I can dream of, in fact the money is obscene. 

I now watch footballers with passion, alongside people and volunteers who really care about their clubs, non league football and local football has given me back the enjoyment of the game. Thanks LJ!

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I see, an agenda. I apologise for any offence I've caused you - but I'm pretty sure you gave as good as you got.

I PM'd you to keep more spats off the forum - but fine.

If you going to come at me, at least get your facts straight - "moaning on" - sorry, where did I mention in this thread about replies being personal? Nowhere. Where did I moan on? Nowhere. 

Very happy for you to spend the rest of your day trudging the archives to find another quote.....enjoy.  For now.....stick to facts and quotes.

Sorry, what on Earth are you going on about ‘come at you’? You’re making no sense with your passive aggressive nonsense. I have no ‘agenda’ at all and I think you need to calm down!  I repeat I have merely called you out on calling BBSB a bell end nothing more and nothing less. As for spending my day trudging through your posting history? You really do think a lot of yourself if you think I’ve got the inclination to do that. I couldn’t give a flying one about your posting history! Anyway I’ll leave it there as I’m sure people are bored stiff of this  

16 minutes ago, lenred said:

Sorry, what on Earth are you going on about ‘come at you’? You’re making no sense with your passive aggressive nonsense. I have no ‘agenda’ at all and I think you need to calm down!  I repeat I have merely called you out on calling BBSB a bell end nothing more and nothing left. As for spending my day trudging through your posting history? You really do think a lot of yourself if you think I’ve got the inclination to do that. I couldn’t give a flying one about your posting history! 

Oh the irony - who is the one getting personal now? 

Please don't mistake your not understanding as me being passive aggressive. 

You called my use of the word 'hypocritical' irony - so I've asked you to back that up....

If your post was merely to point out i'd called someone a bell-end, well, you've made your point. I called him a bell end. I'm sorry if that word offends you.

P.S you've told me to calm down twice now, i'm just replying to you. Perhaps i'm not the one who needs to calm down.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

How times change. 

You 'yung uns' may well have your half time phones, large screens and pointless pitchside supporter challenges but you'll never have experienced the unburdened, inter-half joy of cadging a Clark's fresh and newly delivered from the wooden tray, straining one's neck whilst balancing pie and programme to see what sign the fella and his magic bucket of numbers would place against the letter F (the utter shock if number was, too, a letter,) and the hushed anticipation when the tannoy broadcast: Today's attendance is....," for the number announced to be FEWER than those actually at the match. Throw in the military band.... small wonder so many no longer bother turning up.

Yep, had to buy a program to find out the halftime score! ?

4 hours ago, Neo said:

IF, and there's your answer, we're not. 

I gave up reading this thread a page and a half ago, but to throw my 2 pence in...

I didn't attend the Norwhich game as I was at a pre-paid Christmas meal. I also missed Brentford and Rotherham as I'm on holiday.

I'm sure one or two others are in a similar position...

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

54 minutes ago, PhilC said:

I gave up reading this thread a page and a half ago, but to throw my 2 pence in...

I didn't attend the Norwhich game as I was at a pre-paid Christmas meal. I also missed Brentford and Rotherham as I'm on holiday.

I'm no LJ lover (far from it) but there is an "agenda stick" going on to beat the club with. I'm sure the non-attendees percentage-wise are roughly the same nation wide .

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

The change in kick off time would have affected a lot of people on one of the more popular Christmas party nights. I planned to go to the game at 3pm and then onto a meal at 7pm. Sky sports ruined that for me and I imagine quite a few others.

Archived