Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

For the second home game running. When will they actually tell the truth? When was the last time (if ever) we had identical crowds (allegedly) in 2 successive home games?

Season card holders are counted even if they are not present.

The actual attendance figure would be interesting . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Season card holders are counted even if they are not present.

The actual attendance figure would be interesting . 

We all know that Major. Seems they have stopped even bothering to make up a new number or forgot to make up a new one for this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think anybody for years has posted the actual attendance. Is what it is. Don’t find why some make a big deal of it. I have seen the stadium full and everywhere inbetween 12k to 26.5k. Can make a decent guess almost every game at how many are actually there. I am sure someone could tell you about how many were actually there as I didn’t look today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Very good attendance given the home form.

Still averaging over 20k yet only 12th highest in the division.

You seem to be confused by the vast difference between tickets sold and attendances 

 

Nearly 7000  season ticket holders didn’t turn up for Norwich

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

You seem to be confused by the vast difference between tickets sold and attendances 

Not confused mate - going by tickets sold same as every other EFL club :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Not confused mate - going by tickets sold same as every other EFL club :)

No point in quoting average ATTENDANCES then is there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not confused mate - going by tickets sold same as every other EFL club :)

Meaningless figure.

The attendance is the number actually in the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No point in quoting average ATTENDANCES then is there

Fair enough, all EFL clubs should state tickets sold.

Until then, great attendances this and last season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcfc01 said:

Fair enough, all EFL clubs should state tickets sold.

Until then, great attendances this and last season.

You think 7000 season ticket holders staying away is great ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Fair enough, all EFL clubs should state tickets sold.

Until then, great attendances this and last season.

The actual attendance is clearly decreasing, no one should be happy about that.

What you're actually highlighting is just how many STH's are not turning up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Time for an external audit ?

Why ?

If you mean to drop the club in the shite then go ahead - but report ALL EFL clubs as they ALL advertise the number of tickets sold as attendances.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I assume you'll demand the same at every other club?

 

I am just interested in my club. I think this sort of thing is symptomatic of how this club is run.

Moreover, which other club have given the same figure two matches running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You think 7000 season ticket holders staying away is great ?

Where the fck did I say that ?

And where the fck do you get  exactly 7k from ? Were you there counting empty seats today ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this is worthy of getting into an argument about is it?

Yes, we average 20k. Yes, it counts tickets sold, not bums on seats. Yes, every single club in the country does the same thing.

It's a worry that so many season ticket holders are now not attending, and it's probably a sign of things to come.
 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ivorguy said:

I am just interested in my club. I think this sort of thing is symptomatic of how this club is run.

Moreover, which other club have given the same figure two matches running?

What sort of thing ?

Stating the number of tickets sold as an attendance figure - the same as every other EFL club ?

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

I don't think this is worthy of getting into an argument about is it?

Yes, we average 20k. Yes, it counts tickets sold, not bums on seats. Yes, every single club in the country does the same thing.

It's a worry that so many season ticket holders are now not attending, and it's probably a sign of things to come.
 

Agreed, but there are some who want to have an argument about it.

Weird.

  • Like 2
  • Eggplant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Where the fck did I say that ?

And where the fck do you get  exactly 7k from ? Were you there counting empty seats today ?

Put your dummy back in 

Fck fck fck

Please try and read before you rant

7000 season ticket holders failed to attend the Norwich game

I have no idea about today bu5 many ST holders missing in my block

Sorry to make it so complicated 

 

And ‘weird’ is trying to make a point using facts that are incorrect .....

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Why ?

If you mean to drop the club in the shite then go ahead - but report ALL EFL clubs as they ALL advertise the number of tickets sold as attendances.

 

 

What worries me is that one day Bristol Sport will make a major blunder, if standards are not held up, and then we might be in the proverbial with a vengeance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

For the second home game running. When will they actually tell the truth? When was the last time (if ever) we had identical crowds (allegedly) in 2 successive home games?

I thought the crowd looked similar to Brentford tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Put your dummy back in 

Fck fck fck

Please try and read before you rant

7000 season ticket holders failed to attend the Norwich game

I have no idea about today bu5 many ST holders missing in my block

Sorry to make it so complicated 

 

And ‘weird’ is trying to make a point using facts that are incorrect .....

Not ranting just responding to your crap response.

I posted facts.

  • Like 1
  • Eggplant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

What sort of thing ?

Stating the number of tickets sold as an attendance figure - the same as every other EFL club ?

Agreed, but there are some who want to have an argument about it.

Weird.

Season ticket mess, Taylor signing nonsense, Adam Baker's leaving, to provide just three examples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You seem to be confused by the vast difference between tickets sold and attendances 

 

Nearly 7000  season ticket holders didn’t turn up for Norwich

You keep on stating this fact about 7k season ticket holders not turning up for Norwich and yet you have no proof for it...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JBFC II said:

You keep on stating this fact about 7k season ticket holders not turning up for Norwich and yet you have no proof for it...

Believe whatever you want tbh

Hang onto anything you can .....

I did ask our SLO to clarify , but it appears he’s forgot

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Believe whatever you want tbh

Hang onto anything you can .....

I did ask our SLO to clarify , but it appears he’s forgot

So you still have no proof of it?

Considering you’ve stated it multiple times on here recently I’d expect you at least had some proof to back it up...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Believe whatever you want tbh

Hang onto anything you can .....

I did ask our SLO to clarify , but it appears he’s forgot

You might as well bang your head against a wall Bob, No telling some!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Me and my kids sit in this block which is predominately full of season ticket holders, I’d say it’s 2 3rds full today and that’s 1 block!!!

 

Fact

4E199A4B-A4B4-4F47-91DC-1ACB641E8183.png

Same here, sit in SS in front of Heineken Lounge, deserted seats a plenty around us. Never 21,000 in a million years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

So you still have no proof of it?

Considering you’ve stated it multiple times on here recently I’d expect you at least had some proof to back it up...

How about a little bet ?

Youre so confident...

 

 

Came direct from the ticket office btw....

..

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You might as well bang your head against a wall Bob, No telling some!

Think a few have been hypnotised by Ashton or something....

Its like a Deep South new Faith following .........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now lows on mOanTIB.

Arguing over the attendance.

We know the official attendance isn't the actual, those figures aren't released - so any arguing one way or another is stabbing in the dark and guessing at numbers.

As we "are where we are" - so are our attendances. Mid-table football won't draw in the floating fans and it's the busy Christmas period, some people have other priorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Meaningless figure.

The attendance is the number actually in the ground.

Then we'd still probably be 12th.............every ****** club does it !

Why does it matter it's not just us ?

Edited by slartibartfast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Now lows on mOanTIB.

Arguing over the attendance.

We know the official attendance isn't the actual, those figures aren't released - so any arguing one way or another is stabbing in the dark and guessing at numbers.

As we "are where we are" - so are our attendances. Mid-table football won't draw in the floating fans and it's the busy Christmas period, some people have other priorities.

Just stating that the club have major issues with fan discontent, I reckon we’ll be lucky to surpass 8,000 - 9, 000 season tickets next year and that is worrying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about a little bet ?

Youre so confident...

 

 

Came direct from the ticket office btw....

..

I don’t do bets. 

So the ticket office directly told you 7k season ticket holders stayed, meaning just over 10k home fans turned up? Doesn’t quite sound right to me...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JBFC II said:

I don’t do bets. 

So the ticket office directly told you 7k season ticket holders stayed, meaning just over 10k home fans turned up? Doesn’t quite sound right to me...

Ahhhhh ok then .......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Which was not the attendance which was the debate 

If people are still having the debate about how many were at the ground Vs how many tickets were sold then it's pretty pathetic because announcing tickets sold rather than those actually in the ground has been a long standing practice which almost every club follow.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If people are still having the debate about how many were at the ground Vs how many tickets were sold then it's pretty pathetic because announcing tickets sold rather than those actually in the ground has been a long standing practice which almost every club follow.

The club call it the "attendance" though, which it isn't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If people are still having the debate about how many were at the ground Vs how many tickets were sold then it's pretty pathetic because announcing tickets sold rather than those actually in the ground has been a long standing practice which almost every club follow.

It’s a reasonable gauge of current fan (ST holder) satisfaction is it not ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...