IGNORED

The Original OTIB

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Have you had your evidence yet?

Several deflective posts, even telling you you just believe what you want and the offer of a bet....but no quote? No news article? No link to another thread?

Still waiting on some evidence, not that it will come...

Tbh I’m not bothered anyway, would just be interesting to see if @BobBobSuperBob can back up his claim

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Still waiting on some evidence, not that it will come...

Tbh I’m not bothered anyway, would just be interesting to see if @BobBobSuperBob can back up his claim

As would I! 7000 may well be right, but to use @BobBobSuperBob's own words:

"If you’re going to throw stuff around to support your stance,,  at least bother to get the facts right rather than make them up"

13 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

Bigger crowed tommorow for egg ball says it all really.

What does it say? That rugger buggers are more fair weather? What is Bristol’s average attendance? I don’t know but I would say 15k TOPS.

I’m at the egg chasing tomorrow but that’s because a mate of mine is entertaining me in his hospitality box. That’s swelled the crowd by one before we even start.....

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What does it say? That rugger buggers are more fair weather? What is Bristol’s average attendance? I don’t know but I would say 15k TOPS.

I’m at the egg chasing tomorrow but that’s because a mate of mine is entertaining me in his hospitality box. That’s swelled the crowd by one before we even start.....

18k sold for the rugby tomorrow. 

Looks like they’ll have morethan us for a second time this season...

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

18k sold for the rugby tomorrow. 

Looks like they’ll have morethan us for a second time this season...

Tbf though this is a mini cup final for Bristol, a game they really have to win. Rotherham United, no disrespect to them as they are a good club, coupled with £33 minimum Adult POTD is not conducive to getting 25K through the gate.

Was told many years ago by an ex chairman that the income was slightly ‘manipulated’ from ticket sales and attendance figures were generally lower than the actual figure.

As for why they are potentially saying more than the actual; this remains unanswered and actually unconfirmed, what with digital turnstiles.

And as for Bob. There were 1234 season ticket/card holders not in attendance today. Confirmed from SLO and I asked at the ticket office. So just as credible as her 7k figure.

Also I did not attend today.

Pasture (not Wetherspoons) was a better option this afternoon. The Chateaubriand was calling my name ?

Ohhhh the snobbery ?

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

The Sheffield Wednesday game in March last year, 7,000 odd didn’t turn up. 

I don’t think @BobBobSuperBob‘s claim is as far-fetched as many of you seem to think it is. 

Agreed

there was a Bristol post story a few months ago on this, the announced attendances last season were around 15% higher than the actual attendance on average. 

Gregor did some good comparison on it, attendances tumbled last season post Xmas and I wouldn’t be surprised if similar has happened this season 

in reality we only had 2 league games top 20k last season. 

17 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I don’t think @BobBobSuperBob‘s claim is as far-fetched as many of you seem to think it is. 

That was a game affected by severe snowy weather conditions and limited/non-existent public transport outside of Bristol itself.

53 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Have you had your evidence yet?

Several deflective posts, even telling you you just believe what you want and the offer of a bet....but no quote? No news article? No link to another thread?

This is the attendance differences from last season. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-attendances-crowds-1819-2000244

6F64E5A8-4602-46E4-B34C-71A6CFCC3061.jpeg

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

You keep on stating this fact about 7k season ticket holders not turning up for Norwich and yet you have no proof for it...

Do we all have to introduce ourselves? 

I'll start, I have 3 season tickets, we weren't there. Same with Brentford. Turned up today, thoroughly entertained and recognised what a fool I'd been . Actually just extract the thoroughly entertained for a more accurate sentence.

33 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn't that the game when it snowed the day before and there were police warnings not to travel and lots of people couldn't get out of their road, village etc etc . If so then using that game to justify a 7000 figure is highly disingenuous.  I know STHs who never miss a game but couldn't get to that one, and it was a huge exception. If that's what the 7000 is based on then I'm much more inclined to believe today's 1300 as the more normal figure. 

39 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Was told many years ago by an ex chairman that the income was slightly ‘manipulated’ from ticket sales and attendance figures were generally lower than the actual figure.

As for why they are potentially saying more than the actual; this remains unanswered and actually unconfirmed, what with digital turnstiles.

And as for Bob. There were 1234 season ticket/card holders not in attendance today. Confirmed from SLO and I asked at the ticket office. So just as credible as her 7k figure.

Also I did not attend today.

Pasture (not Wetherspoons) was a better option this afternoon. The Chateaubriand was calling my name ?

Ohhhh the snobbery ?

Have you tried their Sunday lunch? 

20 minutes ago, bh_red said:

Interesting. Suggests that somewhere around 15% non attendance is the norm, and that regardless of how good or bad a run we are on. Higher %s end of season nothing games not a surprise. I don't get the Cup games though...??

10 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Wasn't that the game when it snowed the day before and there were police warnings not to travel and lots of people couldn't get out of their road, village etc etc . If so then using that game to justify a 7000 figure is highly disingenuous.  I know STHs who never miss a game but couldn't get to that one, and it was a huge exception. If that's what the 7000 is based on then I'm much more inclined to believe today's 1300 as the more normal figure. 

Ah yes of course, completely forgot about that. 

31 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That was a game affected by severe snowy weather conditions and limited/non-existent public transport outside of Bristol itself.

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Tell me about it! One of only three games I missed last season due to being snowed in on Dartmoor. I couldn`t believe it actually went ahead when I could see what was outside my house!

We all know that the official attendance figures are not 100% accurate but more or less an approximate of the SCs whether they’re actually there or not plus whatever pre match or potd tickets are sold 

Maybe it’s simply too complicated to add them all up.............:dunno:

It’s not that important tbf..

13 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Interesting. Suggests that somewhere around 15% non attendance is the norm, and that regardless of how good or bad a run we are on. Higher %s end of season nothing games not a surprise. I don't get the Cup games though...??

You don’t think it’s an issue that 4-5k miss a home game that they have paid for?

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

As would I! 7000 may well be right, but to use @BobBobSuperBob's own words:

"If you’re going to throw stuff around to support your stance,,  at least bother to get the facts right rather than make them up"

Difference was 

Yours was slander, untrue.....  and personal

A bad habit.....

Just a bit of difference - would have thought one so (trying to be) smug as you might realise that

33 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Tell me about it! One of only three games I missed last season due to being snowed in on Dartmoor. I couldn`t believe it actually went ahead when I could see what was outside my house!

We escaped on the Thursday from Dartmoor. Think we would’ve had little chance if we’d left on Friday! 

3 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Me and my kids sit in this block which is predominately full of season ticket holders, I’d say it’s 2 3rds full today and that’s 1 block!!!

Fact

4E199A4B-A4B4-4F47-91DC-1ACB641E8183.png

What is it that you don’t understand about the attendance being “tickets sold”..?! 

Archived