IGNORED

The Original OTIB

36 minutes ago, bh_red said:

You don’t think it’s an issue that 4-5k miss a home game that they have paid for?

I`m not sure it is. The missing ones are probably different people each game - for instance, how many kids STs are used for night matches? After all, you can afford to miss 6 or 7 games a season and still be in `credit` v POTD. There will be people who can`t make 5:30 kickoffs, Sundays, Wednesdays or whatever.

It`s only an issue if it`s only happening at AG but it doesn`t - all clubs at our level and below will be the same. At the end of the day, if you`re going to go to 15+ games a season, a season ticket represents the best value - and for a kids ticket it`s a no-brainer.

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What is it that you don’t understand about the attendance being “tickets sold”..?! 

And what is it that you don’t understand that we ALL know how attendances are stated?  The question is how many in the ground.  Not the clubs fault the attendances have to be stated in tickets sold but it’s still a valid question.

4 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Me and my kids sit in this block which is predominately full of season ticket holders, I’d say it’s 2 3rds full today and that’s 1 block!!!

Fact

4E199A4B-A4B4-4F47-91DC-1ACB641E8183.png

Dolman block A, which is always one of the most empty in the ground. Thought the attendance looked pretty good from my view in the unreserved area.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

And what is it that you don’t understand that we ALL know how attendances are stated?  The question is how many in the ground.  Not the clubs fault the attendances have to be stated in tickets sold but it’s still a valid question.

Not really. 

Scrutinising the club for announcing “attendance” in exactly the same way as every other club in the country. 

Questioning the attendance figure is futile. It’s fact. 

Asking how many were there is a completely different question. As it would becat most clubs. 

Here’s a fact for all you fact fanatical fans.

We bought 4 season tickets. On Boxing Day ‘‘twas only me who attended.

Today for that festive footballing feast I went with the boy.

What does that prove? No idea but if others do the same it goes some way to explaining the difference between sales and actual bums on seats.

Sadly I gave up offering the spares on here sometime ago but if anyone’s ever interested drop me a message and if I’ve got any free - as I usually do - you’re welcome to keep me company.....

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not sure it is. The missing ones are probably different people each game - for instance, how many kids STs are used for night matches? After all, you can afford to miss 6 or 7 games a season and still be in `credit` v POTD. There will be people who can`t make 5:30 kickoffs, Sundays, Wednesdays or whatever.

It`s only an issue if it`s only happening at AG but it doesn`t - all clubs at our level and below will be the same. At the end of the day, if you`re going to go to 15+ games a season, a season ticket represents the best value - and for a kids ticket it`s a no-brainer.

You don't think the people saying they aren't going to various games and won't be renewing is a concern then RRH? I'm aware of at least 6 SC holders, long standing fans who just cannot be bothered to attend, myself included today. Others, on here, have intimated as much quite regularly. 

Unfortunately, while your scenario wouldn't be such a cause for concern, I don't think it's the norm in a lot of cases, people are being turned away by the boring dross being served up and in numbers too by the looks of it.

To repeat myself (and others), there are no issues regarding our position, it's the entertainment value, it's just not there. 

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not really. 

Scrutinising the club for announcing “attendance” in exactly the same way as every other club in the country. 

Questioning the attendance figure is futile. It’s fact. 

Asking how many were there is a completely different question. As it would becat most clubs. 

It would be at all clubs as the official figure is tickets sold plus comps.  The completely different question of actual attendance is what’s being discussed.

WE ALL KNOW HOW OFFICIAL FIGURES WORK

The club know exactly how many were there.  They don’t need to announce it but discussing it on a forum should be fine?

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You don't think the people saying they aren't going to various games and won't be renewing is a concern then RRH? I'm aware of at least 6 SC holders, long standing fans who just cannot be bothered to attend, myself included today. Others, on here, have intimated as much quite regularly. 

Unfortunately, while your scenario wouldn't be such a cause for concern, I don't think it's the norm in a lot of cases, people are being turned away by the boring dross being served up and in numbers too by the looks of it.

To repeat myself (and others), there are no issues regarding our position, it's the entertainment value, it's just not there. 

No, I do understand why some aren`t going and aren`t intending to renew

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What is it that you don’t understand about the attendance being “tickets sold”..?! 

:blink:

So if somebody buys a ticket or has a season ticket but doesn’t attend 

They’ve ‘attended’ have they , They are in attendance ?

For all your ‘what is that you don’t understand ‘.   ........Is that seriously your understanding of the word ‘attendance’ ?

18 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It would be at all clubs as the official figure is tickets sold plus comps.  The completely different question of actual attendance is what’s being discussed.

WE ALL KNOW HOW OFFICIAL FIGURES WORK

The club know exactly how many were there.  They don’t need to announce it but discussing it on a forum should be fine?

It is fine. Except nobody knows. We only know how many people bought tickets.

if you want me to join in then I’d say that about 15/16k is probably realistic. 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:blink:

So if somebody buys a ticket or has a season ticket but doesn’t attend 

They’ve ‘attended’ have they , They are in attendance ?

For all your ‘what is that you don’t understand ‘.   ........Is that seriously your understanding of the word ‘attendance’ ?

“Attendance” is the commonly used description. 

I agree it’s misleading, but it’s an industry term, by which all clubs work on the same basis. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Wasn't that the game when it snowed the day before and there were police warnings not to travel and lots of people couldn't get out of their road, village etc etc . If so then using that game to justify a 7000 figure is highly disingenuous.  I know STHs who never miss a game but couldn't get to that one, and it was a huge exception. If that's what the 7000 is based on then I'm much more inclined to believe today's 1300 as the more normal figure. 

You can see from the chart from last season that 'only' 1300 STH's not attending would be far from the normal figure.

In fact it would be far less non attendees than any league game last season.

Sexstone said years ago that on average about 1 in 6 STH's missed each game - work, holidays, weddings, illness etc.,so it's not a new thing.

However It's clearly far more than that at the moment and the difference is many are choosing not to go.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

It is fine. Except nobody knows. We only know how many people bought tickets.

if you want me to join in then I’d say that about 15/16k is probably realistic. 

The club know real attendances (well if the turnstiles work).  I would hope SL is keeping his eye on those figures.

Same at every club.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I agree it’s misleading, but it’s an industry term, by which all clubs work on the same basis. 

It shouldn't be, the definition of attendance is very clear.

It's more than misleading, it's false.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So after your (rude)  ‘what is it you don’t you understand’

your understanding is actually incorrect

attendance
/əˈtɛnd(ə)ns/
noun
  1. the action or state of going regularly to or being present at a place or event.
    "my attendance at church was very patchy"
    synonyms: presenceappearance, attending, being there; More

• the number of people present at a particular place or event.
      plural noun: attendances
      "she is being blamed for the museum's low attendances"
      synonyms: audienceturnout, number present, housegateMore

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So after your (rude)  ‘what is it you don’t you understand’

your understanding is actually incorrect

attendance
/əˈtɛnd(ə)ns/
noun
  1. the action or state of going regularly to or being present at a place or event.
    "my attendance at church was very patchy"
    synonyms: presenceappearance, attending, being there; More

• the number of people present at a particular place or event.
      plural noun: attendances
      "she is being blamed for the museum's low attendances"
      synonyms: audienceturnout, number present, housegateMore

Indeed.

You have to be present to be part of an attendance.

If you don't turn up, you can't be counted.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Difference was 

Yours was slander, untrue.....  and personal

A bad habit.....

Just a bit of difference - would have thought one so (trying to be) smug as you might realise that

What’s that one about people in glass houses...

As you thought -  @JBFC II - further deflection and still no answer.

That’ll be that then.

1 hour ago, bh_red said:

You don’t think it’s an issue that 4-5k miss a home game that they have paid for?

Well, first of all, it's not 4-5K. It was over 4K only five times last season, once the Sheffield Weds game, two end of season games with nothing on them. Normally it was 3-4K. And, no, I don't see that as an issue at all. I know plenty of season ticket holders who miss 3-4 games a season (roughly what that equates to as a % STs sold) for all sorts of reasons, holidays, weddings, illness. People buy a season ticket knowing that they're going to miss several games each season.

29 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You can see from the chart from last season that 'only' 1300 STH's not attending would be far from the normal figure.

In fact it would be far less non attendees than any league game last season.

Sexstone said years ago that on average about 1 in 6 STH's missed each game - work, holidays, weddings, illness etc.,so it's not a new thing.

However It's clearly far more than that at the moment and the difference is many are choosing not to go.

Agreed, the 1300 came from the figure quoted earlier for a recent game. I'm still not sure where the evidence is to show that it's more than usual this season though.

Have to say that of all the pointless arguments on OTIB this has to be one of the highlights! I'm quite sure City don't claim that there were 21000 in the stadium today. They are simply doing what every club does and including season ticket sales in the figures. Whether that happens to meet the dictionary definition of "attendance" doesn't really seem to matter, we all know that the figures include ST holders, the club don't pretend otherwise, so Im not really sure what the debate is about! 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Squirm squirm

Anymore you want to completely invent ?

All i’ve done is type a few simple sentances to ask for evidence to back up your claim in reply #9 in this thread about 7000 season ticket holders not turning up against Norwich.

Just as @JBFC II did.

Pretty simple, do you need more help explaining that?

You can give us your article/evidence to back this up - or you can keep deflecting?

Every reply you make which doesn’t do that just shows exactly who the inventor is.

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I don’t believe in gambling, although I fail to see how my morals come into this...

Anyway, still waiting for any proof about this 7000 figure...

While you’re waiting , ( and I couldn’t give a monkeys toss about making any effort in  providing  your ‘proof’ btw. :) )

you can crayon in some more fan Club badges :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

All i’ve done is type a few simple sentances to ask for evidence to back up your claim in reply #9 in this thread about 7000 season ticket holders not turning up against Norwich.

Just as @JBFC II did.

Pretty simple, do you need more help explaining that?

You can give us your article/evidence to back this up - or you can keep deflecting?

Every reply you make which doesn’t do that just shows exactly who the inventor is.

You can’t tell the truth , and tried to embellish ,  something that had been  Nationaly reported

Priceless 

if I asked you and Junior for proof of the nonsense you come out with you’d be typing a long time 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

While you’re waiting , ( and I couldn’t give a monkeys toss about making any effort in  providing  your ‘proof’ btw. :) )

you can crayon in some more fan Club badges :thumbsup:

So @Alessandro making something up is ‘priceless’ yet when you do it its fine?

Right...

And as I’ve told you already, try to attack the post not the poster, although you don’t seem able to do that...

Archived