Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Well I can't remember...............


slartibartfast

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Match during the 1989/90 promotion season at home, when an opposition player got a straight red and then a team mate immediately got the same for protesting about it.  Bob Taylor waved them off from what I remember, but I can’t recall who the opponents were.  Anyone help me?

Rovers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Match during the 1989/90 promotion season at home, when an opposition player got a straight red and then a team mate immediately got the same for protesting about it.  Bob Taylor waved them off from what I remember, but I can’t recall who the opponents were.  Anyone help me?

Birmingham - 1992-93 3-0 home win

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Not opposition but there is of course, the farce at Watford when Wayne Allison, a soft little pussycat, Atteveld and Aizlewood all took an early bath. A shameful day for BCFC.

:laugh: Remember when Bradley Orr had a pop at Louis Carey and got a red! That was another bloody BCFC farse! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

And a Northampton player helped Louis out big-time by holding him back from throttling Bradders.

Aye yeah! It was a bizarre moment wasn't it. Didn't help that we were on sky sports that night either...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, antlers said:

I may be talking b0ll0cks as I quite often do, but didn't Blackpool have 2 sent off at the Gate around 17 years ago? possibly 1st home game of the season?

We did play Blackpool first game of the season around that time, we won 2/0. Can't remember if they had any sent off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Certainly  Dyche and Harris got sent off for them and we had at least one red card (can`t remember who)

It`s surprising how often it has happened when you think about it.

Beadle was one, I want to say Thorpe as well but don’t remember without looking

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big ted said:

Definitely Blackpool, '96 They had 2 sent off - Micky Mellon being one of them- and we still lost 1-0.....

If this was the opening game, it could be the game where the Blackpool team coach stopped outside the Rising Sun after the match to get some fish & chips next door. 

The pub emptied, glasses and ashtrays thrown at the coach and the couple of team officials who were in the chippy had to leg it back into the back doors for a speedy getaway! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Not opposition but there is of course, the farce at Watford when Wayne Allison, a soft little pussycat, Atteveld and Aizlewood all took an early bath. A shameful day for BCFC.

Last game of the 91-92 season;  regardless of the result at Watford, City would finish seventeenth. This game was to see great controversy. Cole twice gave City the lead only for Watford to equalise then take the lead. In the 64th. minute Allison and Atteveld were both sent off. Four minutes later Aizlewood joined them with his third dismissal of the season. The eight remaining players held on, but conceded two more goals in the final three minutes for the heaviest defeat of the season 5-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big ted said:

Definitely Blackpool, '96 They had 2 sent off - Micky Mellon being one of them- and we still lost 1-0.....

The hole in City's defence was shown in the first two games of the 96-97 season, a 3-2 defeat at Gillingham who had Bryant playing in their defence and a 3-3 draw in the Coca-Cola Cup at Torquay. The goal keeping was being done now by Stuart Naylor who had arrived from West Brom as Dryden left. It appeared that Welch would go to Blackpool, but the deal fell through on the personal terms. He signed a weekly contract for City and made a return to the first team against Blackpool! They had two players sent off, but still won 1-0

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Last game of the 91-92 season;  regardless of the result at Watford, City would finish seventeenth. This game was to see great controversy. Cole twice gave City the lead only for Watford to equalise then take the lead. In the 64th. minute Allison and Atteveld were both sent off. Four minutes later Aizlewood joined them with his third dismissal of the season. The eight remaining players held on, but conceded two more goals in the final three minutes for the heaviest defeat of the season 5-2.

That whole day was nuts, our mini bus was involved in a massive punch-up in Maidenhead on the way home

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 22A said:

The hole in City's defence was shown in the first two games of the 96-97 season, a 3-2 defeat at Gillingham who had Bryant playing in their defence and a 3-3 draw in the Coca-Cola Cup at Torquay. The goal keeping was being done now by Stuart Naylor who had arrived from West Brom as Dryden left. It appeared that Welch would go to Blackpool, but the deal fell through on the personal terms. He signed a weekly contract for City and made a return to the first team against Blackpool! They had two players sent off, but still won 1-0

I remember the game I think - wasn`t there a massive thunderstorm before the game that lasted well into the first half?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Last game of the 91-92 season;  regardless of the result at Watford, City would finish seventeenth. This game was to see great controversy. Cole twice gave City the lead only for Watford to equalise then take the lead. In the 64th. minute Allison and Atteveld were both sent off. Four minutes later Aizlewood joined them with his third dismissal of the season. The eight remaining players held on, but conceded two more goals in the final three minutes for the heaviest defeat of the season 5-2.

That was the second City game that I took my now wife to. It got a bit lairy when we went down to 8 and she wanted to leave so we did. Sneaked a look in the TV shop window on the way back through the town to see that we lost 5-2.

I also think Swansea got a 2-2 draw against Rovers with 9 men once with Torpey scoring both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Match during the 1989/90 promotion season at home, when an opposition player got a straight red and then a team mate immediately got the same for protesting about it.  Bob Taylor waved them off from what I remember, but I can’t recall who the opponents were.  Anyone help me?

Bob Taylor gave that idiot Alexander the send off when he scythed Dave Smith down for about the fifth time in 20 mins ?

Was only the Scottish idiot who got sent off though 

Is that what you were thinking about ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...