IGNORED

2018 Statistics - Not a good year.

Redland

As we move into 2019 I thought it would be interesting to collate our results for 2018. Including league and cup matches these are as follows:-

Played 50. Won 12. Drawn 16. Lost 22. Win ratio 22.4%

As we move into the fourth year of LJ's tenure he recently remarked he had "seen off" other managers in the league who had been sacked. Not LJ bashing but surely this is due to the continued benevolence of our chairman rather than results on the pitch?

3 minutes ago, Redland said:

As we move into 2019 I thought it would be interesting to collate our results for 2018. Including league and cup matches these are as follows:-

Played 50. Won 12. Drawn 16. Lost 22. Win ratio 22.4%

As we move into the fourth year of LJ's tenure he recently remarked he had "seen off" other managers in the league who had been sacked. Not LJ bashing but surely this is due to the continued benevolence of our chairman rather than results on the pitch?

Shocking, and yet you're a ++++ if you dare criticise

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

This 2018 stat which some like to come back to is a classic case of:

“stats can lie”

And I like stats. 

22% win ratio in 2018 and yet....11th and still in the championship.......

Win ratio this season and the one that actually matters - 36%.

Fair comment. We are mid table this season which helps cancel out  the results from Jan to May last season. I was simply reviewing the year as it ends but I agree different time periods will give different results. 

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Very harsh to include 2 games v Man City, a third team v Watford and a reserve team v Plymouth.

Its 26% win percentage in the league which has improved as the year has progressed and this season our W column has the biggest number.

I didn't pick and choose. I included all our competitive matches.

It's up to LJ which team he picks and I hardly think Plymouth are world beaters. They beat us at home but are currently propping up league one. 

20 minutes ago, Red Rocks said:

As far as I can see we are currently the highest placed team in the league which, as yet, hasn’t appeared in the Premier League. Must count for something.

Probably means that we're not quite good enough like the rest that haven't made it. There are also some in league one that have "made it".

Difficult to say as you are clearly one of those who is dissatisfied with where we are and how we've developed over the past few seasons. All I'd say is to take a step back and look at how sacking Johnson would be perceived by the rest of the football world. No one other than our own fans would say we're doing any thing other than performing at the level we should be or above it given our resources and the fact that as you say, selling our best players 'is what we do'.

1 hour ago, Red Rocks said:

As far as I can see we are currently the highest placed team in the league which, as yet, hasn’t appeared in the Premier League. Must count for something.

Not everything doom and gloom then. Could be an exciting end to the season. As far as I can see our only challenge will come from Preston.

So fingers crossed we can stay above them and rightly claim the promotion spot.

47 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not at all, we've paid for tickets all year. 

I wonder how much each win has cost in 2018

We’re currently 11th in the league, on 7 game unbeaten run and people are talking about games from a year ago. Pointless!

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

We’re currently 11th in the league, on 7 game unbeaten run and people are talking about games from a year ago. Pointless!

We’ve won 4 of 13 home games this season (14 if you count Plymouth)

And scored 14 goals (4 of which came in one game)

Added to which , the football and attacking intent has been , in the most , dire 

5 hours ago, Red Rocks said:

Most successful unsuccessful team in the Championship... has a ring to it. 

Archived