IGNORED

No Eisa

Eddie Notgetinya

3 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Poor old Mo, must be wondering if he’s ever going to get any meaningful game time - not even in the squad today.

From the very little I’ve seen I like his movement and his pace will always cause problems.

Maybe he’ll be a bit like Eliasson and become a more prominent feature in the team next season.

Yeah, but,he's a young player (24)!!

He's a cheap punt (1.7M)

He's not shown enough in his time on the pitch (24 minutes)

Sorry that all that money we sent your way still got you the sack dad....

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think he`s going to be loaned out in January and we didn`t want to risk anything today because of that.

Suppose he came on for the last five and got whacked by one of their defenders (always a possibility with a side like Rotherham) and the deal had to be shelved.

Yep. No point risking 1.7M signings who can't get a look in, before they duck off back to the likes of Yeovil or Forest Green.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think he`s going to be loaned out in January and we didn`t want to risk anything today because of that.

Suppose he came on for the last five and got whacked by one of their defenders (always a possibility with a side like Rotherham) and the deal had to be shelved.

I fear you are right.

Moore, Engvall and Eisa? That’s a lot of money spent to loan players out for a team like us! Surely not the plan when we signed them

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Moore has apparently been outstanding for Southend. I think he might turn out to be a good signing.

I hope so, he was certainly staking a claim in pre season before his injury.

I’ll be interested to see how Mo, Hakeeb, Moore, Vyner and Bakinson get on this summer. Quite promising if you add in Webster, Brownhill, Kelly, Walsh, O’Dowda and Eliasson - not that we will have them all. Others on the fringes aswell.

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Ayling, Little and Williams were outstanding in league 1. Johnson ducked them off quick smart. 

Our recruitment policy is a ******* joke. 

Honestly I think Ayling is the only one who is able to make the step up with the ability to be a good championship player vs an average one. 

I didn’t rate Freeman and he’s pulling up trees at QPR though!

2 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Honestly I think Ayling is the only one who is able to make the step up with the ability to be a good championship player vs an average one. 

I didn’t rate Freeman and he’s pulling up trees at QPR though!

Do you reckon our 1.5M centre half will play 50 games to us? 

He's still young but I've got my doubts given the plethora of signings in the last 12 months or so. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

pathetic this guy has not had much of a chance. 

Don't think many really get how this football thing works, he is raw he has played Senior Football in a lower placed League 2 team, he will get his chance, no need to rush, as said he is an ideal loan candidate, has great potential.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I think ideally we should only have an 18 man squad so none of our players are left out and everyone will be happy and no more threads like this one 

Left out or not given a chance?? Massive difference squire. 

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Left out or not given a chance?? Massive difference squire. 

He’s only been here few months and been injured in that time. He was playing non league football two years ago. I doubt if he’s ready yet and it would appear that the coaches who see him in training would agree

16 minutes ago, Big C said:

He’s only been here few months and been injured in that time. He was playing non league football two years ago. I doubt if he’s ready yet and it would appear that the coaches who see him in training would agree

Could you explain the fee paid then? He's 24 years old, not an up and coming kid. 

This could go down as bad a deal as Engvall..actually, scrap that, its probably already as bad given the age of the player. Something stinks about the amount of money we've paid here. 

I was really looking forward to seeing him play  , even to bring him on for last 15 mins even just means the opposition to stretch the play with his pace. If he does get loaned out I wouldn't be suprised to see us bring another striker seeing as MT is injury prone.

36 minutes ago, Big C said:

28 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Could you explain the fee paid then? He's 24 years old, not an up and coming kid. 

Thought not

38 minutes ago, glynriley said:

This could go down as bad a deal as Engvall..actually, scrap that, its probably already as bad given the age of the player. Something stinks about the amount of money we've paid here. 

As far as I know the fee was undisclosed so I have no idea but it’s not my money so I couldn’t give a monkeys. But anyone writing off a 24 year old after a few months with a new club (some of it spent injured) has to be some sort of idiot

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

As far as I know the fee was undisclosed so I have no idea but it’s not my money so I couldn’t give a monkeys. But anyone writing off a 24 year old after a few months with a new club (some of it spent injured) has to be some sort of idiot

Not a nice thing to say about our head coach. 

What really grates Me is we’ve been pitched this as a ‘one for the future’ shit again. £1.8m was it? 

He’s a year older than Brownhill, O’Dowda, and Eliasson. Not exactly one for the future if players younger than him are already trusted first team players or big squad players. If he isn’t good enough or trusted to be in the same group as these, then why did we sign him?

We all know it’s a very significant step up from League 2 to the Championship and  so does LJ and his coaches and they don’t feel that Eisa is yet ready to make the step up.

His age means nothing without the relevant experience of higher level football so a loan to a L1 outfit makes sense.

Archived