IGNORED

No Eisa

Eddie Notgetinya

15 hours ago, forbespm said:

Well rated by Cheltenham fans last season.natural goalscorer with pace. Unbelievable he hasn't been given a chance

Its not at all.

Huge second leap in standard for the lad in two seasons. Maybe he will make it maybe he wont, still seems a very very odd signing at the price. ( or maybe not ).

I think the best thing for him is a loan spell in Div 1 - lets see if he can cut it there first.

13 hours ago, Big C said:

I think ideally we should only have an 18 man squad so none of our players are left out and everyone will be happy and no more threads like this one 

That was pretty much how Cotts worked in 14/15.

I quite like that principle, but:

• you’ve got to have confidence in your u23s that they can step up in the event of injury, suspension or loss of form
  • you can’t send these players out on loan

Cotts still had the emergency loan system in place, which LJ hasn’t.  That does account for needing a bit of ‘bloat”.

I would like to know what up and coming players feel they have to do to get a chance with Johnson.

how many showed promise, never got a real chance and moved on to do ok? 

I know there were some that Johnson inherited and did not sign, but what about those for the future, are they not good enough because they were signed whether Johnson wanted them or not?

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

What really grates Me is we’ve been pitched this as a ‘one for the future’ shit again. £1.8m was it? 

He’s a year older than Brownhill, O’Dowda, and Eliasson. Not exactly one for the future if players younger than him are already trusted first team players or big squad players. If he isn’t good enough or trusted to be in the same group as these, then why did we sign him?

I thought it was undisclosed.

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I can’t quite work out why a lot of people seem to be calling for Eisa. I’m not sure what he’s done to earn being given a chance. If we were struggling in and around the relegation places then I could see the clamour for him to start. 

Why would he not be given a chance, Paterson starts nearly every game, looks lively but when the going gets tough he runs away, Dieheiu gets F all service, the players that could and should provide that don’t even start.  1-1 draws and 1-0 wins are still points but we should be achieving so much better. There is almost no connection between midfield and attack, especially when our 20 works so hard at not getting involved 

17 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Why would he not be given a chance, Paterson starts nearly every game, looks lively but when the going gets tough he runs away, Dieheiu gets F all service, the players that could and should provide that don’t even start.  1-1 draws and 1-0 wins are still points but we should be achieving so much better. There is almost no connection between midfield and attack, especially when our 20 works so hard at not getting involved 

Yes.....so how is Eisa (a striker) the answer? I see your thinking as flawed, without doubt our midfield needs improving but if you drop Paterson and put in Eisa, it will weaken the midfield because whatever your view on Paterson, he adds legs to that midfield when needed.

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think he`s going to be loaned out in January and we didn`t want to risk anything today because of that.

Suppose he came on for the last five and got whacked by one of their defenders (always a possibility with a side like Rotherham) and the deal had to be shelved.

Apologies if this has already been confirmed, but it seems he's off to a 1ST Division side on loan.

4 minutes ago, forbespm said:

No.have no clue,but think he deserves a chance to see what he can do.do you know he,s not ready to play at this level?

He’s had a couple of cameo appearances and tbf looked a little lost. No surprise it looks like he’ll be going out on loan, He needs the experience of playing higher than L2.

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Yes.....so how is Eisa (a striker) the answer? I see your thinking as flawed, without doubt our midfield needs improving but if you drop Paterson and put in Eisa, it will weaken the midfield because whatever your view on Paterson, he adds legs to that midfield when needed.

Pato adds legs? Do you actually watch him? If there is a space forward and the ball is passed his way he will race on and it’s pretty spectacular, but if he sees a challenge coming no one knows where it will end up as he panics,

defending allways loads of space about him which opposition uses because they know he will turn toward the attacker but turn away long before there is any chance of contact, thats probably ok though because his mentor was an 8 who did the same for his last 2 seasons at the gate.

Eisa did score goals - that does not mean he is a striker, but scoring is something we don’t do a lot of - due to the fact our tactics don’t suit our only forward!

2 hours ago, forbespm said:

No.have no clue,but think he deserves a chance to see what he can do.do you know he,s not ready to play at this level?

I know no more than you, but we're not playing in the suburban league where you can  just 'chuck' people in and give them a go.

The guy's played about 10 minutes at this level and I trust the people that see him in training day in day out to decide when he's ready.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

He’s had a couple of cameo appearances and tbf looked a little lost. No surprise it looks like he’ll be going out on loan, He needs the experience of playing higher than L2.

I've seen this sort of comment a couple of times, and it's a bit unfair . I've had a quick look, and I'm happy to be proved wrong but it looks like his minutes stack up like this.

Forest       10
Bolton      1
Plymouth start
QPR          1
Millwall       1

You can't count Bolton, QPR and Millwall as he came on at or after the 90th minute. Plymouth , massively changed side and L1 opposition , again unfair to judge. That leave a 10 minute spell at the end of the Forest game, where I thought he looked as though he had a trick, and a little pace. Also to say anyone looked lost in a sub appearance where he barely had chance to get warm is unfair. Not having a go at you, I think LJ said the same. 
I don't understand why he wasn't sent on loan at the start of the season .  if it was because he was cover for Fam, fair enough , but I'm still not sure why he's not got 15/20 minutes at the end of a game. LJ has said he trained well, which was given as why Paterson came back into the team. If he had had a few runs of 20 minutes and had looked out of his depth, again fair enough..
It does seem 6 months wasted, I guess he's had time around the team and LJ, but if he goes on loan does that mean another 'punt' coming in ? How many Diony's can we take ?

I just think he should be given a chance as his scoring record is excellent.

Jack marriot is starting to look good,7 goals in 19 games for derby.don't forget he was at Woking 3 years ago and league 1 last season.

Eisa has scored 70 goals in 90 non league games and 25 in his first season in the football league.

Everyone says we need a goalscorer,perhaps we already.have one but are too afraid to play him.

There is only one way to find out.I haven't seen him play at all so I can't comment about him looking a little lost. Was he as bad as diony!

Archived