IGNORED

No Eisa

Eddie Notgetinya

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That leave a 10 minute spell at the end of the Forest game, where I thought he looked as though he had a trick, and a little pace. Also to say anyone looked lost in a sub appearance where he barely had chance to get warm is unfair. Not having a go at you, I think LJ said the same. 

It was LJ who said that Eisa ‘looked a little lost’ and it was a spot on observation and I completely agree with him. In the few mins he got against Forest he didn’t seem to know where to go or what to do and tbh I was a little disappointed but but it down to nerves.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was LJ who said that Eisa ‘looked a little lost’ and it was a spot on observation and I completely agree with him. In the few mins he got against Forest he didn’t seem to know where to go or what to do and tbh I was a little disappointed but but it down to nerves.

Can you honestly say,  if LJ hadn't said it,  you'd be happy to write him off as lost . A ten minute cameo where (from recollection ) he touched the ball 3/4 times, did nothing particularly wrong ,  against a good team? I've seen experienced pros come on as sub and had a similar impact, I've seen top players come on for 10 minutes and not touch the ball. 
Personally I think that is a ridiculous argument .

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah I know but didn`t Mo get done in another friendly v them early on in the season? I remember us saying on here that we shouldn`t play them again as they were crocking all our players.

Not sure, he did disappear from the squad for a while , can't remember when/why so you could be right. Maybe a behind closed door friendly ?

EDIT: just looked and it was training ground injury which was about 6 weeks.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can you honestly say,  if LJ hadn't said it,  you'd be happy to write him off as lost . A ten minute cameo where (from recollection ) he touched the ball 3/4 times, did nothing particularly wrong ,  against a good team? I've seen experienced pros come on as sub and had a similar impact, I've seen top players come on for 10 minutes and not touch the ball. 
Personally I think that is a ridiculous argument .

I remember him touching the ball once - a simple pass. He didn’t move for a return. After that I followed the play and during a lull I saw him looking a little lost. He wasn’t sure what to do or where to go.

As I said I put it down to nervousness and certainly didn’t see anything like enough to warrant writing him off. I’m not a trained scout as BobbobSuperBob is.......

Whilst we're on the subject of strikers here's a few I thought  of jonhn Palmer Rambo Johnson Babs savage Peter Stover Arnie garita Lewis diony and doubtless many more let's not forget people  earned a living  scouting the world of football to come up with that lot most of us on here could do better than that with out ever leaving the sofa just one of the reasons I love supporting this football club you never what's gonna happen next

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I remember him touching the ball once - a simple pass. He didn’t move for a return. After that I followed the play and during a lull I saw him looking a little lost. He wasn’t sure what to do or where to go.

As I said I put it down to nervousness and certainly didn’t see anything like enough to warrant writing him off. I’m not a trained scout as BobbobSuperBob is.......

You remember wrong. Have a look 1;44. he comes on , full match on Youtube. He does nothing wrong, one nice turn and gets fouled, involved in a shout for a pen, but no service and you tell me he was worse than anyone else. That 10 minutes should not be the reason he's not played.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You remember wrong. Have a look 1;44. he comes on , full match on Youtube. He does nothing wrong, one nice turn and gets fouled, involved in a shout for a pen, but no service and you tell me he was worse than anyone else. That 10 minutes should not be the reason he's not played.

Who knows why he’s not playing? Maybe he’s got an attitude problem or maybe a confidence issue - I’m more than happy to take LJs explanation at face value.

4 hours ago, dave36 said:

Pato adds legs? Do you actually watch him? If there is a space forward and the ball is passed his way he will race on and it’s pretty spectacular, but if he sees a challenge coming no one knows where it will end up as he panics,

defending allways loads of space about him which opposition uses because they know he will turn toward the attacker but turn away long before there is any chance of contact, thats probably ok though because his mentor was an 8 who did the same for his last 2 seasons at the gate.

Eisa did score goals - that does not mean he is a striker, but scoring is something we don’t do a lot of - due to the fact our tactics don’t suit our only forward!

Haven’t seen anything to suggest Eisa will be the answer at the minute. It would be a strange move to throw him in. 

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

We all know it’s a very significant step up from League 2 to the Championship and  so does LJ and his coaches and they don’t feel that Eisa is yet ready to make the step up.

His age means nothing without the relevant experience of higher level football so a loan to a L1 outfit makes sense.

Alan why sign this type of player then half of em will never kick a ball for us all these at Torquay Newport twenty four or five year olds at what age will they become available for us ?

6 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

He’s been injured the majority of the season you absolute imbeciles.

He was injured in October, out for 6/7 weeks then pretty much a regular on the bench again.

7 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Haven’t seen anything to suggest Eisa will be the answer at the minute. It would be a strange move to throw him in. 

No one has seen anything to decide either way , he's had 10 minutes Vs Forest and then just warmed the bench the rest of the time he's been fit.
He's good enough for the bench , so he's that close to the team..

Archived