IGNORED

Irony

SStandUp

8 hours ago, Aberdeen Pete's Dad said:

Actually Cardiff scored 69 . We scored 67

Thats the point, we lost 2 defenders, nice blokes but between them and our GK they were responsible for us giving away so many goals that our season went tits up!

The IRONY this season is that we have a really good defence but can’t score goals - blame for that lies firmly with the management! Our midfield and attack are not organised well enough - team choices are baffling!

Experienced management is the difference! I don’t care if we don’t win pretty, I want to see my team do well - if it takes a pensioner to achieve that, it’s fine with me.

COYR

54 minutes ago, Olé said:

I see you abandoned your other thread pretty quickly, perhaps because your last passive-agressive rant fell apart pretty quickly.

Speaking of which, decent atmosphere yesterday, a real buzz at AG from kick off, and what happened? Outplayed by Rotherham.

But that'll be the fans fault again.

Our fault that Rotherham were well drilled on the runs to make and were able to move the ball through us as well as Brentford did.

Our fault we had no movement most of the time we got the ball and didn't seem to know what to do, bar cross it infrom 35 yards.

Our fault that with a totally ineffective style of play, reliant on crosses, we again left Eliasson on the bench to the last 10 minutes.

Unforgivable from the fans really, not the sort of coaching and decision making we are paid for, We really are a bunch of morons.

:bored:

"Outplayed" 

Are you having a laugh? 

They had a couple of chances on the break. Apart from that, they sat back and attempted to press us at times. This was quite effective, but to use the phrase outplayed, is a little unfair. 

10 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

I find it amusing how the same fans on here were saying last season they'd take Warnock and his awful football over Johnson.

Yet they are on here saying "I don't care about the win or the 7 game unbeaten streak, the football is awful". 

I know what you lot are gunna say "but Cardiff actually got promoted". Yeh you're right, and I don't think City will this year, but it's just rather ironic.

You lot really are a bunch of morons.

Ive never seen a set of fans so negative about a team 7 unbeaten. The football isn't great, but I find that quite funny how we're not playing great and getting results! I've seen many years where we played good football and lost every week (Johnsons first full year comes to mind). 

To those with reasonable views, happy with the win today and good to continue the unbeaten run. Bring on 2019, I'm confident the football will improve! Don't think it will bring promotion this year, but what a league to be involved with! 

Up the City

thank you but my name is not Gordon

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=gordon+is+a+moron&view=detail&mid=BDB208498435B2B556B6BDB208498435B2B556B6&FORM=VIRE

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

What bit of 'IT'S BORING AS ****' don't you understand? It's on enough threads FFS! It's NOT about position!!! 

FFS, how many times before it sinks in? :redcard:

I'm not arguing the fact the football isn't great. 

I'm saying, the same people on here were saying they'd rather Warnock over Johnson despite the poor football it would bring.

The same ones are complaining about the poor football currently.

7 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

No, you are the moron. Yes some people may take bad football if it meant wins. We are not getting wins ...... We have stagnated, we are so dull to watch. It took a relegation  candidate to get reduced, unfairly, down to nine men for us to look like winning.

I'm ******* amazed people are still defending the football we are playing. It's ******* terrible. Feel free to believe the bullshit the club is saying with regards to attendances, but it was empty today. No one wants to watch the shit we are being served up.

We won today and people aren't happy because of bad football 

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

I'm not arguing the fact the football isn't great. 

I'm saying, the same people on here were saying they'd rather Warnock over Johnson despite the poor football it would bring.

The same ones are complaining about the poor football currently.

You keep repeating this , as well as the word ‘moron’ (I’ll let you research the history of the word)

You obviously know who you are referring to - Who are they then ?

People keep replying with "but the football is really poor blah blah blah". 

I'm not arguing that the football is good. 

I'm saying people last season were saying they'd take Warnock over Johnson, despite poor football.

The same ones are now whining because of the poor football. Which is fair enough. But I just find it ironic.

Anyone want to challenge me on what I'm actually saying? Rather than twisting it into their favour 

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

People keep replying with "but the football is really poor blah blah blah". 

I'm not arguing that the football is good. 

I'm saying people last season were saying they'd take Warnock over Johnson, despite poor football.

The same ones are now whining because of the poor football. Which is fair enough. But I just find it ironic.

Anyone want to challenge me on what I'm actually saying? Rather than twisting it into their favour 

............... I’ve challenged you

and you havnt come up with one poster or example to date

Secondly , ignoring any style of football,  

Warnock was winning , Top two.....Johnson is not

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

"Outplayed" 

Are you having a laugh? 

They had a couple of chances on the break.

A couple of chances? Are you aware the final shot tally was 22-18 in our favour, yet at least half of ours came in the final ten minutes after they were down to nine men.

Not just my memory, you can go and check the text commentary sites and see the list of shots we had at the very end, which made the statistics much more flattering.

But this means for the majority of the game Rotherham created more chances than us, exactly as I saw it. Also note nearly half our shots were from outside the box too.

Again, exactly as I saw it, and as it always is - where Rotherham (yes Rotherham) carved through us, we were reduced to pot shots. In the circumstances, yes outplayed.

14 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

"Outplayed" 

Are you having a laugh? 

They had a couple of chances on the break. Apart from that, they sat back and attempted to press us at times. This was quite effective, but to use the phrase outplayed, is a little unfair. 

I can assure you that Rotherham did not "Sit Back".

After the two red cards, yes. But before that, I thought they looked a well organized side, similar to Brentford a few days earlier. One part of their game stood out for me. Their throw ins went to their players and they the kept ball much longer than we do from throws with our standard one of  "throw it up the line to Diedhiou", marked by two defenders and the ball immediately ends up with the other team.

We can't right even get basic things like that.

2 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

@Olé

You seem to have a lot of respect on this forum, not sure why. 

You change your mind and opinions every week.

Its embarrassing to read at times

Personally I think you’ve just about rounded yourself off

Embarrassing ?..............

As your thread title -    

The Irony 

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

It's called being objective buddy, you should try it sometime. Play well away from home - highlight the positives. Struggle at home - highlight the weaknesses.

If it's embarrassing to say what I see rather than having an agenda then I am happy to be embarrassed. I also manage to do it without calling anyone a moron.

Good luck with the rest of your meltdown.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

It's called being objective buddy, you should try it sometime. Play well away from home - highlight the positives. Struggle at home - highlight the weaknesses.

If it's embarrassing to say what I see rather than having an agenda then I am happy to be embarrassed. I also manage to do it without calling anyone a moron.

I think it's called subjective rather than objective.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Rob

Fwiw - I would say you are one of the most objective posters on here

You say (very well) what you see , good , bad or indifferent, no hint of any agenda 

@Davefevs another ‘sensible’ voice 

and fwiw, I have said it before , I think you’re very astute in some of your observations

Warnocks team played poor football as you call it but got promoted scoring more goals. I actually went to one of their games last season as was in the area and it was quite enjoyable with a good atmosphere. 

We are playing poor football most weeks and will probably finish mid table even though we've spent millions, I don't think his team last season cost much? 

I thought Warnock’s Cardiff looked pretty good yesterday. In the Premier League too.

Never mind. We’re from Bristol, happy with mediocracy and being the biggest Club never to have played in the Premier League.

Given the ‘Bristol Mentality’, Lee Johnson is a perfect fit...a trier who never quite gets it right. The ‘one for the future’ philosophy reflecting the Bristol attitude that ‘there’s always tomorrow’. The automatic  ‘Pato’ selection mirroring the Bristol approach of ‘why put in a shift, when you can coast along and not break into a sweat?’.

Nah, we’re soft to the core I’m afraid (with honourable exceptions of Kalas and Webster). 

Looking back, it’s probably  why I’ve often been more proud to be associated with our ‘lot’ off the pitch, than those representing us on the pitch. Sad, but true. 

I thought SL might change that. Pity. There’s always tomorrow though. The problem with City being tomorrow never comes. 

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

I thought Warnock’s Cardiff looked pretty good yesterday. In the Premier League too.

Never mind. We’re from Bristol, happy with mediocracy and being the biggest Club never to have played in the Premier League.

Given the ‘Bristol Mentality’, Lee Johnson is a perfect fit...a trier who never quite gets it right. The ‘one for the future’ philosophy reflecting the Bristol attitude that ‘there’s always tomorrow’. The automatic  ‘Pato’ selection mirroring the Bristol approach of ‘why put in a shift, when you can coast along and not break into a sweat?’.

Nah, we’re soft to the core I’m afraid (with honourable exceptions of Kalas and Webster). 

Looking back, it’s probably  why I’ve often been more proud to be associated with our ‘lot’ off the pitch, than those representing us on the pitch. Sad, but true. 

I thought SL might change that. Pity. There’s always tomorrow though. The problem with City being tomorrow never comes. 

These things take time (old Jordan saying) . 

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

@Olé

You seem to have a lot of respect on this forum, not sure why. 

What's wrong with changing your mind about something?

Well actually, no   it is wrong to change your mind. I think

or is it?

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

"Outplayed" 

Are you having a laugh? 

The only time we bossed that game was 11 v 9. 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

The only time we bossed that game was 11 v 9. 

A very even game up until the first red. Both teams looked like they could score but they were just starting to pen us back a bit.

Very clever bit of play by FD to get in front and go down. Red card, a tad harsh for me. Second red, total madness.

11v9  only one winner with 15 plus minutes to go.

We won, I'll take that in the cold light of day. But it was far from convincing again.

Onto Stoke

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Rob

Fwiw - I would say you are one of the most objective posters on here

You say (very well) what you see , good , bad or indifferent, no hint of any agenda 

@Davefevs another ‘sensible’ voice 

and fwiw, I have said it before , I think you’re very astute in some of your observations

It's subjective. 

Objective is the use of numbers 

Subjective is ones opinion 

1 hour ago, Elruliri said:

I'd rather win one lose one, unless we're stuck in 1980 with 2 pts for a win.

I don't agree with the OP one bit in this conversation but if you take the last 7 games haul of 13 points and transfer it to win one lose one, the best scenario we could come up with is actually 12 points from those 7. If say we lost the first of the 7 we would only get 9 points from those 7 games. Just a thought! 

Archived