IGNORED

Adelakun

bcfc01

I thought he did really well today.

I like that he can go to the right or left and is very direct. Bit disappointed he was subbed as I thought he was playing himself into the game nicely, but LJ explained it as lack of game time in the championship and didn't want him out there if he was getting knackered. Fair enough.

Hopefully he can get a run in the team, looks a good bit of business by LJ.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I thought he did really well today.

I like that he can go to the right or left and is very direct. Bit disappointed he was subbed as I thought he was playing himself into the game nicely, but LJ explained it as lack of game time in the championship and didn't want him out there if he was getting knackered. Fair enough.

Hopefully he can get a run in the team, looks a good bit of business by LJ.

Bright home debut.

On a side note, during the pre match shooting practice he blasted the ball straight into my 9 year old lads face nearly knocking him out. Whilst i understand that this can happen i would have appreciated if he had at least acknowledged by raising his hand or come over to check he was ok..tosser.

4 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

On a side note, during the pre match shooting practice he blasted the ball straight into my 9 year old lads face nearly knocking him out. Whilst i understand that this can happen i would have appreciated if he had at least acknowledged by raising his hand or come over to check he was ok..tosser.

Did he know though?

Think he is an exciting player and he will be good for us. Many times he was free on the flank and wanted the ball. Our midfielders didnt see and played side or backwards. He is tall and have a good shot, he scored a lot in Scunny. Second game from start and he will be better. Ipswich 3-2 and Rotherham 1-0. Two games and two wins, maybe not because of him, but anyway. In Ipswich he was not good but today better, think his confidence grew and he will make it.

5 hours ago, Redstoke said:

As much as it would be nice if he had, he has no responsibility to do so. You enter a football stadium and these things can happen, to call him a tosser for it is well over the top. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Think they are just annoyed we got him on a free, or for a small compensation fee. 

As for his performance, I think he did ok, but was playing it safe too much for me. He seemed reluctunt to really attack the full back.

Noticed the same thing. A couple of times he was given the ball and there was an opportunity to run forwards and he took the option of a ball back to the defence. Hopefully a confidence thing that will improve with game time

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Noticed the same thing. A couple of times he was given the ball and there was an opportunity to run forwards and he took the option of a ball back to the defence. Hopefully a confidence thing that will improve with game time

Same here.  More than once he could have taken on the full back but played a safe pass rather than risk losing possession.

Absoloutely a confidence issue.

6 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

He was dreadful should have been off much sooner, on the 3 offerings I’ve seen he’s not anywhere good enough for the championship. One thing for sure he didn’t look a team player very static off the ball and rarely got back. 

I'm not normally minded to post my disagreement, but bloomin' 'eck. I don't think someone who, in the first half, took on the full-back and got in a couple of shots as well as won a couple of corners, sprayed a lovely ball out to Hunt in front of the Lower L, jinked inside a couple of times with the ball and, as others have said, made space for his own full-backs by shifting across the line can be described as 'dreadful' or 'static' or 'not anywhere good enough for the championship' what with this being his first ever season at this level, been injured and only spent a handful of minutes on the pitch in total so far. But each to his/her own, mightyreds89. 

Personally I like his athleticism, his build and his use of two feet and think he'll show quite a bit with more fitness and match time and confidence. Like the look of him.

Strange how we all watch the same game, but see different things. But that’s football! Personally didn’t think he had a great game. Thought his touch was poor, sometimes didn’t seem completely in control of the ball & didn’t look to have the belief in his own ability. I do believe he is potentially a good player with good ability. I will add that it was his home debut as some have mentioned, so by no means have I written him off. COYR 

There is definitely something there to work on, but I am surprised that no one has mentioned his positional awareness. Myself and the those around me spent the first 20 minutes trying to work out where he was playing.

@Garland-sweden says that he was free on the flanks and didnt get the ball, but there were many more times that players were looking to the left for an outlet and he had wandered off somewhere. 

There were also at least two occasions when he seemed to be running interference for COD or Pato as they were running with the ball, and he just ran along in front of them.

His languid style reminded me of JET though, I do like that, but he will get criticism for being lazy when things don't work, because he will look casual.

A rare interesting part of the game though.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

There is definitely something there to work on, but I am surprised that no one has mentioned his positional awareness. Myself and the those around me spent the first 20 minutes trying to work out where he was playing.

@Garland-sweden says that he was free on the flanks and didnt get the ball, but there were many more times that players were looking to the left for an outlet and he had wandered off somewhere. 

There were also at least two occasions when he seemed to be running interference for COD or Pato as they were running with the ball, and he just ran along in front of them.

His languid style reminded me of JET though, I do like that, but he will get criticism for being lazy when things don't work, because he will look casual.

I think that is tactical though. Wing players cut inside leaving space for the fullbacks. It happens every game with whoever is playing well bar Eliasson maybe. Agree he did get in the way a couple times but his third championship game. I thought he was very good and think him and Eliasson are different enough to play together. Meaning a physical and more direct option and then a quicker beat your man option. Offers a bit more balance for. 

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Saw a few comments on Twitter from Scunthorpe fans saying perhaps we will now pay the money still owed for him.

Anyone know what this is all about and why we may not have paid, unless it’s down to the injury?

Yes, we owe them development compensation.  I’ve no idea what the value the tribunal set, but my guess is it is somewhere between £0.5-£1.0m....a decent sum for a club like Scunny.  But these things take a while to get sorted.  Danny Ings Fee took about a year to sort. 

2 hours ago, Huntstile Red said:

I'm not normally minded to post my disagreement, but bloomin' 'eck. I don't think someone who, in the first half, took on the full-back and got in a couple of shots as well as won a couple of corners, sprayed a lovely ball out to Hunt in front of the Lower L, jinked inside a couple of times with the ball and, as others have said, made space for his own full-backs by shifting across the line can be described as 'dreadful' or 'static' or 'not anywhere good enough for the championship' what with this being his first ever season at this level, been injured and only spent a handful of minutes on the pitch in total so far. But each to his/her own, mightyreds89. 

Personally I like his athleticism, his build and his use of two feet and think he'll show quite a bit with more fitness and match time and confidence. Like the look of him.

That is exactly how I saw his performance.  I sit in Lansdown (A4) near South Stand corner.  Where do you sit?  I think we get different perspectives from different positions.

I gave Pack a slating in my Ratings thread, but it wasn’t until I watched the highlights I realised it was his fantastic ball to Hunt in first half...I thought it was Webster.  It was too far away for my eyes!!!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

For me that was the beauty of it.  He didn’t just stick out wide left, he roamed.  Much of my criticism of our tactics of Kate has been the rigidity of our players in their positions....

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think that is tactical though. Wing players cut inside leaving space for the fullbacks. It happens every game with whoever is playing well bar Eliasson maybe. Agree he did get in the way a couple times but his third championship game. I thought he was very good and think him and Eliasson are different enough to play together. Meaning a physical and more direct option and then a quicker beat your man option. Offers a bit more balance for. 

....It wasn’t just cutting in (with the ball) to leave space for the full-back, it was his general movement.  By being flexible and not just hugging the touchline, you drag your marker (typically the oppo full-back) inside, or he passes you on to a CB, which then frees Pato or gives a Diedhiou 1-on-1 against his man.  For me it was good to see, and part of the reason we did create chances in the first half

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think there was discussion on another thread ( @Davefevs may have brought it up ). The wingers move slightly narrower to allow space of the FBs to exploit. I thinks that's fine, but I'd rather see the wingers wide when we win the ball back and move inside as the move builds so it's more likely the defending FB will have to follow and leave space, plus it give a target for an early ball to the winger.  TBF it did work at times, and made sense to play DaSiva and Hunt who both tend to have bags attacking intent.

As for Adelukan , as @Simon79 says , strange how watching the same game we see different things. I didn't think he did much , the odd good ball/pass , not sure what I was expecting but what I've seen so far I think he's a little way off commanding a place.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Didnt think he was that good tbh but was better than COD and Patto. Bizarre that Elliasson is being left on the bench.

Cannot agree more, cannot grasp that Elliasson when on the left looks the best winger at the club.  Seems like he’s in favour and being bigged  up by LJ late summer  time , to now an impact player from the bench.  The way he whips the ball in is unique in the club.  It was a promising start by ‘Adel’ and it will be an interesting watch to see  if he Develops . Time will tell.  

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Saw a few comments on Twitter from Scunthorpe fans saying perhaps we will now pay the money still owed for him.

Anyone know what this is all about and why we may not have paid, unless it’s down to the injury?

Live up Scunthorpe way we owe them £600,000 apperantly 

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Think they are just annoyed we got him on a free, or for a small compensation fee. 

As for his performance, I think he did ok, but was playing it safe too much for me. He seemed reluctunt to really attack the full back.

I saw it the same way.

He is very very raw, takes way to many touches on the ball and therefore slows everything down - when it’s already torturously slow!

All of our wide forward players seem hugely reluctant to take their man on - full backs not so much - meaning that we were lobbing balls into the box for the hugely static Famara - he needs to learn and learn quickly to attack the ball.

In addition their CB’s were mopping up all these lobbed balls with ease. Thought their number 5 looked a bit of a player actually - good defensively but could also play a bit.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I saw it the same way.

He is very very raw, takes way to many touches on the ball and therefore slows everything down - when it’s already torturously slow!

All of our wide forward players seem hugely reluctant to take their man on - full backs not so much - meaning that we were lobbing balls into the box for the hugely static Famara - he needs to learn and learn quickly to attack the ball.

In addition their CB’s were mopping up all these lobbed balls with ease. Thought their number 5 looked a bit of a player actually - good defensively but could also play a bit.

3 good points in one post

5 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Cannot agree more, cannot grasp that Elliasson when on the left looks the best winger at the club.  Seems like he’s in favour and being bigged  up by LJ late summer  time , to now an impact player from the bench.  The way he whips the ball in is unique in the club.  It was a promising start by ‘Adel’ and it will be an interesting watch to see  if he Develops . Time will tell.  

He is a true winger....and wasted when played on the right.  I thought he had just started to build a relationship with Kelly...then left out.  I would like to see Adelakun on the right, it’s where he played most for Scunny.  Re Eliasson, he is the best crosser in our squad.  Re Adelakun I liked what I saw yesterday, I was disappointed v Ipswich, but as with all players time will tell.  I could argue with a lot of comments above, but we all see different things, and none of us are right or wrong.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Didnt think he was that good tbh but was better than COD and Patto. Bizarre that Elliasson is being left on the bench.

O’Dowda gave us bugger all yesterday and Patterson only started playing when we were up against 9. That header he missed was a shocker, it was more like a defensive header back to his own keeper.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, we owe them development compensation.  I’ve no idea what the value the tribunal set, but my guess is it is somewhere between £0.5-£1.0m....a decent sum for a club like Scunny.  But these things take a while to get sorted.  Danny Ings Fee took about a year to sort. 

That is exactly how I saw his performance.  I sit in Lansdown (A4) near South Stand corner.  Where do you sit?  I think we get different perspectives from different positions.

I gave Pack a slating in my Ratings thread, but it wasn’t until I watched the highlights I realised it was his fantastic ball to Hunt in first half...I thought it was Webster.  It was too far away for my eyes!!!

For me that was the beauty of it.  He didn’t just stick out wide left, he roamed.  Much of my criticism of our tactics of Kate has been the rigidity of our players in their positions....

....It wasn’t just cutting in (with the ball) to leave space for the full-back, it was his general movement.  By being flexible and not just hugging the touchline, you drag your marker (typically the oppo full-back) inside, or he passes you on to a CB, which then frees Pato or gives a Diedhiou 1-on-1 against his man.  For me it was good to see, and part of the reason we did create chances in the first half

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Kate out.

4 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

As much as it would be nice if he had, he has no responsibility to do so. You enter a football stadium and these things can happen, to call him a tosser for it is well over the top. 

I disagree, if he knew that he blasted a ball into a young kids face and didn’t acknowledge it he is a tossed in my book

Archived